Finish Line Line Chain Cleaning Kit Tools

Keep your chain clean for optimum performance and longevity with this simple and easy to use chain cleaning kit.. Self contained unit works without a bike stand or tools and prevents messy spills and dripping; no need to remove the chain from your bike. Features both rotating brushes and side plate scrubber pads for a quick and thorough cleaning; just sixty seconds to clean the entire chain. Includes a 4 oz. bottle of biodegradable degreaser, enough for eight cleanings. Reviewed as the best chain cleaner on the market by Mountain Bike Magazine. Come with a lifetime guarantee.

Submitted by Robert a Cross Country Rider from Oakland

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2006

Strengths:    works clean

Bottom Line:
I would say that this is a goood product. I have been using same one since about 1999 & have had NO problems whatsoever. I did accidently break off the arm that holds unit stationary. I just epoxy'd it back on & have had no more probs. I have changed brushes a couple of times.
NO slop with cleaner that others mention.I use gasoline in mine.I have not had found any of the plastic being deformed or anything of the sort like others state either &
i have always used it on a regular basis.

Favorite Trail:   any

Similar Products Used:   manual brushing

Bike Setup:   tubing,wheels & such

Submitted by Robert a Cross Country Rider from Oakland

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2006

Strengths:    works clean

Bottom Line:
i have always used it on a regular basis.

Favorite Trail:   any

Similar Products Used:   manual brushing

Bike Setup:   tubing,wheels & such

Submitted by Craig Conrad from Tampa

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2006

Strengths:    I think it works great. I ride daily and clean my chain at least weekly with it. Easy to use. The degreaser and lub included are really great products too.

Weaknesses:    I fumble a little with it, but once on correctly, it's fine.

Bottom Line:
Never had any problems or had to replace any parts on it.

Favorite Trail:   cconrad1234@yahoo.com

Purchased At:   Performance

Submitted by Biker a Cross Country Rider from USA

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2005

Strengths:    Very Idiot-Proof
Does what it was designed to do.
Saves me tons of time

Bottom Line:
I must admit that I am surprised at some of the reviews I have seen of this product. I haven't had the problems that others seem to have had with it.

My chain cleaner flew off the top of my car at high speed on to concrete and didn't even think about breaking.

I don't use it after every commute to work, but I clean my chain after EVERY trail ride. After a year, I have never had problems with the brushes needing replacment. I have never had problems with pins falling out. I have never had anything on it break.

If you look on the side, there's a fill line. Don't fill it beyond this point or...yes the degreaser will spill out. READ THE DIRECTIONS. Don't run the chain through it at 1000 RPM's and it won't be messy.

I also use simple green in mine and I have had the sides of mine warp inward a little on the bottom half of the unit, but it doesn't dampen its performance. The top half holds the sides out where they belong when in use.

Bottom line...no, the brushes don't need replacement after 4-5 cleans...no, it is not delicate or fragile...yes, it has been engineered well. I have had several chain cleaners and this one is the best.

Similar Products Used:   Park Chain cleaner

Submitted by Alex a Weekend Warrior from Mass

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2004

Strengths:    Gets the chain clean

Weaknesses:    It broke on the first use, and I can't see it lasting more than a few cleans. Also the statment that claims it is "mess free" has got to be the greatest false claim in the history of marketing. The thing spills unless you hold it perfectley level, and splatters all over the place

Bottom Line:
It will clean your chain well, but I don't know how long it will last, seeing as part of it broke on the first try. It is pretty obvious that this product wasn't engineered too well.

Purchased At:   EMS

Submitted by George a Weekend Warrior from San Diego CA

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2004

Strengths:    Easy to use. Super service from Finish Line.

Weaknesses:    Beware that the solid-cylindrical "axles" of the brush wheels can fall out and get lost!

Bottom Line:
The device works in getting a lot of gunk off my chains. I've got no complaints so far. Finish Line's customer service has been excellent for me. I accidentally lost one brush-wheel axle down a sink drain. I contacted Finish Line, and they sent me a replacement the same day, without asking for payment or receipt and without asking me how long I've owned the chain cleaner device. I am a satisfied customer.

Purchased At:   Performance Bike shop

Similar Products Used:   hand brushes.

Bike Setup:   several bikes.

Submitted by Brian barkey a Weekend Warrior from Ogden, Utah, USA

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2003

Strengths:    Cleans chain good when it works

Weaknesses:    durability

Bottom Line:
after about a year of use, (about one every week) the plastic starts to warp, the brush pins slip out of their mounts and the brushes stop rolling. The plastic in the body warps, I don't know if this is because I use simple green in the unit, but the inner part does not slide into the main housing smoothly anymore.
it worked great when I first got it. I guess I should buy a brush kit, but I'm not certain that it would work in the warped housing. If you can find a unit very cheap, but it, but don't expect it too last very long

Purchased At:   REI