Feedback Sports BRS-50R Repair Stand Tools

4.33/5 (6 Reviews)

The perfect blend of durability, function and value, the Sport Mechanic is one of Feedback's most popular repair stands.

Submitted by David Campos a Weekend Warrior from Grandville Michigan

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2006

Strengths:    weight, durable, compact ease of use, materials

Weaknesses:    none, I have the consumer so it is possible the upper grade has a quicker clamp mech. but mine is fine

Bottom Line:
Really nice stand. Never any problems, really easy to set up, compact and light. I should and will buy soon the handle bar keeper and possible the tool tray. Really terrific product that I give un reserved recomendation for anyone.

Favorite Trail:   too many to list

Purchased At:   Village Bike

Similar Products Used:   none, bike rack on back of car

Bike Setup:   trek 5200 road, trek 2200 road, trek fuel ex 7, and lots of bikes for my kids

Submitted by Jim Olson from Tucson, AZ

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2006

Strengths:    It works as advertised when it is not broken.

Weaknesses:    Plastic parts. Plastic main clamp.

Bottom Line:
This stand works exactly as described. Unfortunately, this may not be for long -- depending on how much you use it. I use it perhaps 10 times a year. My main complaint is with the "telescoping boom" clamp. It is plastic, and I was suspicious from the beginning. Sure enough, it split in two, leaving me to improvise a remedy. You get what you pay for. If you want a high quality stand, look elsewhere and pay for it.

Purchased At:   online

Bike Setup:   Walmart special to custom carbon

Submitted by awildermode a Weekend Warrior from El Segundo, Califorina, USA

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2006

Strengths:    Under $100 for a repair stand. Strong, stable and cool design.

Weaknesses:    For under $100, I can deal with not having height adjustments.

Bottom Line:
I wanted a repair stand to work on my bike, but I really did not want to spend $200 on a "glamorized" tripod. I am not going tobe building bikes 24/7. I needed something cheap and dependable. In comes the BRS-50R from Ultimate Support at well under $100.

Out of the box, it is ready to use. Well, remove all the plastic baggie things. The locking pin locks the legs closed for storage. Pull the pin out, rotate, place the pin back in and you are ready. the designand function of the legs are really nice. You might need to wiggle the pin and legs to get it to lock in, but once in, the stand is really stable.

The clamp is simple as well. Just loosen the knob, position the 360 degree clamp, tighten knob. The design is so simple, and so easy to use, you can pretty much ignore this and the previous paragraph.

I am amazed at how easily the clamp holds a bike without tipping. The only difficult thing I find is the act of clamping the bike on to the stand. This is only because I am a small guy and not that strong. Lifting a 30 pound bike with one hand and trying to spin tight the clamp with the other is kinda hard for some one as weak as me. If you are somewhat in shape, you should have no problem.

Once you have the bike on the stand, it holds any bike very well for building, washing, repairs or just as a display stand. The quality of materials and construction is top notch.

When closed, the 'hockey stick' design makes it nearly impossible to stand on its own without a wall or better yet a corner to lean on. I just store it flat, and it lays flat very well. Heck for under $100, you can buy another one just to hold and store your first one.

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   Butting the bike up against a wall.

Submitted by Guy a Cross Country Rider from Manchester

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2005

Strengths:    Stable, strong

Weaknesses:    lack of height adjustability.

Bottom Line:
I bought this to build my bikes and maintain them, so I knew I would only be using once in a while. So far, I've used it to build two bikes, and I could never have done so without this stand. I store my main bike in the stand, and I'm constantly tweaking adjustments, playing with it. This stand is an excellent value for a beginner or for someone who is interested in maintaining their own bike at an affordable cost. The one minor drawback is that there is limited adjustability. But this isn't really much of a factor when you are working on your own stable of bikes.

Purchased At:   Supergo?

Similar Products Used:   Older Parks models.

Bike Setup:   MC San Andreas

Submitted by Clinton from Vista, ca

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2005

Strengths:    - Rigid construction
- Easy assembly
- Compact folding design for storage

Weaknesses:    none for the price

Bottom Line:
Perfect stand for the average Joe that wants to have it take up little space in the garage 95% of the time. very sturdy, very useful and very cheap. I got mine for < $75.

Purchased At:   SuperGo

Bike Setup:   Specialized Stump Jumper

Submitted by Mike Kuper a Weekend Warrior from Arlington WA USA

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2004

Strengths:    Build quality, bang for your buck!

Weaknesses:    Not height adjustable - this isn't bothersome at all to me.

Bottom Line:
This purchase was $99 well spent. Since I ordered this product online, I was a little worried about the quality of workmanship and materials - not many repair stands available at this price point. When I opened the box my fears were relieved. This is a high quality product. The die cast spinner clamp is secure, easy to operate and rotates. The stand folds for storage and sets up without tools, the tripod type legs are secured by inserting a key into a slot - brillant. If you're looking for a stand and don't want to blow a wad of cash, look no further.

Purchased At:   USSBIKE