Home | Reviews | Pump | Zefal

Zefal Profil Max FP50 Floor Pump

Zefal Profil Max FP50 Floor Pump features a Wide gauge with magnifying lens for an easier reading experience. Extra long hose is perfect for the oddball positions we sometimes find ourselves in. Steel base for a better stability, reported to be bulletproo

Submitted by peter dunne

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2013

Strengths:    I've owned a Zefal pump previously and was happy with it so I was an enthusiastic buyer. This one appeared better with metal base, HUGE gauge display, that great pump head and the handle which is easy to grasp. The first three uses were what I would have expected from this product.

Weaknesses:    The fourth time it was used there was some malfunction somewhere between the barrel and the pump head. I think it must be between the bottom of the barrel and the hose but whatever the part is that keeps the air flowing in one direction, it allowed the pressure to stay in the barrel. So no ability to depress the pump. Sure, I could take it all apart and hope that I could get it back together if I figured out what the problem was, but why should I have to do that with a brand new pump? Sorry, lowest possible rating.

Bottom Line:
If Zefal told me why the product didn't function and I had one that worked the way it should I would give it a great rating. But they didn't, I don't, and I won't.