Home | Reviews | Pump | Zefal

Zefal Elegante Floor Pump Pump

1.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Nate a Racer from Alexandria, VA, USA

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2006

Strengths:    The gauge is at the top and it has a mechanism to bleed air pressure off without disconnecting the head.

Weaknesses:    The locking lever is ackward to use, the feet don't fold for compact transporting, and the dual valve combatability feature just plane didn't work. I removed some of the internal parts so I could use it without difficulty on Presta valves.

Bottom Line:
Doesn't live up to Zefal's reputation. I wouldn't buy it again.

Favorite Trail:   Lock4, TN

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Owned a Zefal Husky for 13 years and worked great! I bought the Elegante thinking I'd get the same satisfaction after the Husky's hose cracked and I couldn't quickly get repair parts. Very disappointed with the Elegante.

Submitted by Tom C. a Weekend Warrior from Martinez, CA

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2004

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    where do I start? no adj dial. poorly designed auto adj head lets too much air out when removing from valve. hose design and setup is very poor.

Bottom Line:
Save your money. this pump was sent to me from usa factory dist. free of charge 'cause my double shot gave up the ghost after 8 yrs! Crappy head design; cheap plastic, non-adj dial. any more comments would be redundant!!

Favorite Trail:   any

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Similar Products Used:   perf bike 'ascent' floor pump. zefal double shot floor pump.