Home | Reviews | Pump | Topeak

Topeak Joe Blow Pro Pump

-Premium quality pump with polished aluminum barrel and base (with anti-slip pad) for shop or home use -Top mount dial gauge, pressure release button -SmartHead automatically adjusts between Schrader and Presta -Aluminum thumblock lever for airtight seal -Padded elastomer grip with handle lock -Includes ball/bladder needles and Dunlop valve adapter

Submitted by Obi a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2016

Strengths:    Looks all nice and pretty.

Weaknesses:    Look deeper into the "Strengths" I just wrote and realize you can put lipstick on a Pig but You shouldn't take it to Prom. Read my summary. Bad/Unsafe Pump Head, Chuck won't stay hooked in the hole during carry/transport, Adapters are easily lost because they don't stay in the Carrier, Topples WAY TOO EASILY, Clip that holds Handle down during carry/transport easily comes loose and the stupid little "L" leg it clips into breaks too often.

Bottom Line:
I've owned Topeak Frame and Floor Pumps for a while now. Never in my life have I had a Pump that Local Bike Shops sell let me down so stupidly and consistently. This latest Pump let me down so hard I pulled all of our Family's (3 Households Worth) Topeak Pumps (Frame and Floor) and have them ready to goto the recycle heap or a program where they can replace what they want to and use them instead of something worse. The issues with the Bad/Unsafe Pump Head, Chuck that won't stay hooked in the hole during carry/transport, Adapters are easily lost because they don't stay in the Carrier, the Clip that holds Handle down during carry/transport easily comes loose, it's stupid little "L" leg it clips into breaks too often, and the fact the stupid thing ALWAYS Topples WAY TOO EASILY was almost the final straw. Then when I make a call to Todson (They Own TOpeak) about finally having had enough of the crap I'm told I should "Wait for the new parts we'll send you for free and maybe have your LBS look at how you may be installing/using/installing-replacement-part(s)-wrong."? Really? I'm formerly a Pro-Wrench who knows what to do and you stuff is CRAP.

If nothing more than having skipped all of the abve to read only this,

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, DO NOT BUY TOPEAK. There are two other companies out there who make some Top-Notch Pumps, one of which has been around forever, the other is who's products honestly rival the Been-Around-Forever Company's.

Submitted by Michael

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2014

Strengths:    Works great vast majority of time, great warranty service

Weaknesses:    2 times needed replacement parts

Bottom Line:
I have owned this pump for 3-4 years and used it 3-4 times per week (lot of use). It does the job fine. Nice features like large comfy handle, large solid base and nice gauge up top for us guys with eye problems plus it looks classy not cheap. The only reason it gets 4 chilis instead of 5 is because on 2 separate occasions a part failed. First time it was the gauge and last week it was the check valve. Remember I use this thing a lot. The warranty service is second to none. Just call support and explain the issue and tell them it's not too old. That's it and in 2 days you have the parts free! There are no instructions so just google the question and do it. That's what I call customer service.

Submitted by voodoochild

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2012

Strengths:    The universal head is a great idea. Delivers good volume while it works.

Weaknesses:    The universal head. Weak sauce. Failed after about six months. I wrote to their "customer service" about the failure and received absolutely no response. I would expect this to be covered under warranty but I guess they just expect me to buy their
'rebuild kit". I guess I should have taken the fact that they even sell such a kit as a warning...

Bottom Line:
Just can't recommend this pump given that the head failed so quickly. I'll rebuild my ancient silca before I spend any more money on this piece of junk.