Specialized Air Force Floor Pump Pump

• Totally reliable and accurate pump with armored pressure gauge and ultra stable die cast base.
  • Improved for 2001 easy to turn Presta/Schrader selector handle
  • Improved for 2001 Presta/Schrader end caps
  • Long hose with double-headed inflator (Presta/Schrader specific)
  • Ergonomic Kraton (soft rubber) handle
  • Stable die-cast aluminum base
  • Max pressure 160 psi

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Stewart Kaufman from Southbury, CT

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2002

Strengths:    Pumps air

Weaknesses:    Leaks Air
    Schrader pump side is fragile

Bottom Line:
    There have got to be better pumps out there than this.

First of all, the two sided head is tempermental and easily leaks air unless it's on just right. The heads are very tight and do not go on and off the valve easily.

Second, the Schrader side of the pump head keeps breaking. I have had this pump three years and have had to replace the Schrader head three times. The thing is that I hardly ever even use the Schrader head (only to pump up my kid's tires) and I am very careful when putting the head on and off the valve. But every year the little that pushes in the Schrader valve pin has broken off. I would guess that I used the Schrader pump no more than 10 to 15 times since the last time I replaced it before it broke.

I recently used my friend's old Performance pump (the one with the two holes on the same side) and I was surprised at how easily the head went over the valve and at how easily it came off. It also seemed to pump up more quickly.

I figure that if a pump costing half the price of the Specialized can work that well, then the Specialized is not a good pump.

Purchased At:   Specialized.com