Specialized 04 Windpipe Mountain Pump Pump

2.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Extra tough, extra reliable. Same SwitchHitter head technology as our floor pumps automatically adjusts for schraeder or presta valve.

Submitted by Josh from Tulsa, OK, USA

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2007

Strengths:    Versatility-a shock pump and tire pump that can be mounted on bike

Weaknesses:    not very good at either and cheaply made

Bottom Line:
I bought the windpipe because it would handle all my air pump needs, however the first one broke the first time I tried to pump a tire (plastic piece that switches the high pressure and low volume/shock to the low pressure and high volume/tire). No problem...the LBS exchanged it, but the replacement one's gauge broke the first time I tried to air up my shocks. Too bad. The idea is great, but I went instead to one for each that are better made.

Bike Setup:   2002 stumpy fsr

Submitted by William (aka) Ol' DirtDawg a Weekend Warrior from Memphis, TN, USA

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2004

Strengths:    Switchhitter head, aluminum body, compact, tough, strong, ergonomic handle, a very well designed and built pump.

Weaknesses:    No cap or cover to protect from dirt and debris. (made my own cover cap)

Bottom Line:
I searched for a quality mountain pump, read many reviews, and went with a Topeak (at first), well I tried a Specialized Windpipe, Whoa,..!! I was sold, switchhitter head, no parts to switch around and lose, compact body, ergonomic handle. For the quality vs. price, a no-brainer.
Try a Specialized Windpipe, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I was,..!! 5 chilis for value, 4 chilis for not having a cap or cover.

Favorite Trail:   Stanky Creek, Bartlett, TN