Sigma Sport Delta Jet Pump

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

• SIGMA SPORT combines all the advantages of floor and mini pumps
  • Product quality is apparent
  • Clean mount to bike

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Barry a Weekend Warrior from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2003

Strengths:    Great design in so many ways...

Weaknesses:    except for the strap.

Bottom Line:
    When I was looking for pumps, I looked at the Delta Jet and it fit the bill for what I was exactly looking for. The one drawback was a rather suspect rubber strap that was used to attach to the frame. I wondered how long that was going to last... Unfortunately, I needed to take my pump on and off frequently. As well as being difficult to attach to my aluminum frame, the strap broke in less than a month! Needless to say, I returned the pump and purchased a different pump.

Purchased At:   Local cycle shop

Similar Products Used:   Zefal and Topeak

Bike Setup:   Attachable to the inner frame. Rubber strap gives it the flexibility to attach to a variety of tube sizes.

Submitted by Paul a Weekend Warrior from England

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2003

Strengths:    Almost everything. Easy on the hands because of the floor pump action. Pumps up to any pressure I want, even on my road bike (but needs care fitting to the valve if you don't want it to blow off at pressures over 90psi). No risk of breaking valves when pumping, because of the flexible fitting. Tough metal body. Folds up neatly. The idea of moving the barrel up & down & keeping the piston fixed is good; no trapped fingers!

Weaknesses:    A bit fiddly to use on Presta valves (but easy-peasy on Schraeder), a bit big & heavy compared to some of the competition. Doesn't fit fat tubes, monocoque frames, etc. But I can carry it in my Camelbak.

Bottom Line:
    I use it on both my mountain on road bikes, & it's OK for road tyres, but there may be better pumps for road use. For off-road tyres with Schraeder valves, it's the best pump I've ever tried. Highly recommended.

Purchased At:   Wheelbase (UK)

Submitted by Charlene a Weekend Warrior from Columbia, MD

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2002

Strengths:    "Conventional" pumping motion, retractable hose, easy and effective to use, fits both Schrader and Presta valves

Bottom Line:
    I really like this pump because it has a flip out "T" handle, fold out foot pedal, retractable hose and I can use the same pumping action as with a floor pump. It has a nice pressure gage that you can actually read. The pump is very powerful, quickly inflates a tire, folds neatly, weighs little. It also easily attaches to the bike frame or fits inside a Camelback.

Purchased At:   Bike Nashbar