Home | Reviews | Pump | Sette

• Handle: Plastic
  • Capacity: 160psi-11 bar

Submitted by Johnny RC

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2012

Strengths:    Cheap

Weaknesses:    Everything else

Bottom Line:
My NICE Bontrager pump died after many years of service. I wanted a pump w a gauge on it, and have had good luck with other Sette items. Picked this up for $20, and I would return it, but the shipping isn't worth it. Narrow handle, hard to push down, the "tool storage" comes out the sides while you're pumping, and the gauge is NOT very elaborate. It runs in 20psi increments, so if you want 28psi, good luck.

Submitted by fidel763 a Cross Country Rider from puerto rico

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2012

Strengths:    None. I belive any foor pump has to be better than this piece of garbage.

Weaknesses:    Everything. This pump only can fill tires that are below 20 psi. Over that presure it is extremely difficult to push the handle down.

Bottom Line:
I bought this pump beacause of the price. And I buy from price point and never had a problem with their merchandize. But this pump really is a waste of money. If they start selling things cheap that don't work. I will consider not to buy more stuff from them. It is a shame that they sell things that don't work. Shipping return cost is more than what I paid for this garbage, so I wil have to keep it and buy another pump.

Purchased At:   Price point

Similar Products Used:   Nasbar cheap pump. For more than 10 years.

Submitted by hiltobr a Weekend Warrior from millersville, md

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2010

Strengths:    Cheap for alleged top-of-the-line

Weaknesses:    many

Bottom Line:
Purchased pump new to replace worn out Joe Blow...big mistake. The pump is extremely hard to pump over over 80 psi plus the pump head was junk. I swapped out the pump head with the Joe Blow head which fixed that problem but the effort required wasn't worth the effort. My wife won't/can't use it - too much effort. Unless you're trying to build your upper body look elsewhere.

Favorite Trail:   don't really have one.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   various nashbar, performance, Joe Blow....

Bike Setup:   Road

Submitted by Zubin Sumariwalla a Weekend Warrior from Moorpark, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2007

Strengths:    Afordable, head compatible with both shrader and presta, sturdy.

Weaknesses:    Head very difficult to install over valve stem and nearly impossible to release with out significant pressure loss; Impossible for and average user inflate a tire past 90psi

Bottom Line:
I would describe myself as a rider with the most modest of needs and tastes and even I would not recomend this pump to anyone. The pump suffers from some pretty basic ergonomic and engineering design flaws. The primary flaw is that the piston is too large for an average biker to generate enough force to inflate a (road) tire to 100psi. I weigh 170+ and even with all my weight on the pump I could barely inflate my tires to 100psi or so. The second problem I encountered was the head of the pump was evry difficult to install on and remove from a valve stem. The third problem I noticed was the gage is very low on the piston and difficult to read. I also noticed the pump's design necesitates many hose fitting and thus many points for a potential leak.

Despite the attractive price, the pumps non-fuctionality forces me to give the lowest rating for both price and value.

Favorite Trail:   Sycamore Canyon