Home | Reviews | Pump | Sette

Sette Air 2 Mini Pump with Auto Head Pump

The perfect pump to bring to all your rides! Extremely handy, the Sette Air 2 Mini Pump has a Pivoting T-Handle that allows easy gripping for maximum pumping power. It also features the patented Auto Head system that automatically fits Schrader and Presta Valves. Comes with a bracket including Velcro strap and two braze-on bolts to mount on your frame.

Submitted by powderturns

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2014

Strengths:    cheap

Weaknesses:    doesn't inflate presta valves at all

Bottom Line:
not much to be said - the auto head feature does not work with presta valves at all...

Submitted by thomllama a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2012

Strengths:    Price, weight, handle that "T's" for easy on the hand use, actually has enough volume to fill an MTB tire in a reasonable time frame

Weaknesses:    none really

Bottom Line:
been using this pump for a few yrs now, not one real issue with it. every time I needed it it worked, is reasonably light, can actually fill a MTB tire before the sun goes down. Tried CO2 (bad for sealant in tubeless) a few diff rather expensive mini pumps and they have all gone away with this one still in my pack. The mount is a little off and I can see how some have issues with it in the way, but I just throw it in my pack now sooo... not a problem for me. Only issue is now I've gone to American Classic's Alum stems for tubeless and have seen people snap them using mini pumps, so I just got the Sette Air ST-008A which is a tad bigger and heavier but has a foot plate and hose so I don't torque on the stem... will review it later in the yr.

Similar Products Used:   couple of crank Bros(sucked) , a Blackburn (OK, but like the T handle on the sette better) few other cheapo's

Submitted by K98148 a Weekend Warrior from Renton, WA., USA

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2009

Strengths:    Nice compact size and lightweight

Weaknesses:    The Presta Valve adapter could be less frustrating. Gets in the way of crank arms, while mounted to typical bottle cage mount.

Bottom Line:
A Ok product, that in my opinion counting the frustration factor for Presta valves while on the road should be priced a little less.

Gets in the way mounted to the typical bottle cage mount of the crank arms.

Favorite Trail:   Interurban Trail

Bike Setup:   Novara Bonanza

Submitted by pedalitup a Cross Country Rider from oregon

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2009

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    I have never been more dissapointed with any cycling product before. This thing was never able to pump a road tire beyond 45psi when you could get it to seat on the presta valve. The head does not work at all. Theres nothing broken, its not worn out and it NEVER worked from the first time I tried it. This is a poorly designed pump and this company should stick to grips which are more difficult to screw up.

Bottom Line:
This was a purchase I regretted from the first time I tried to use the pump. I got burned by this purchase. Since this was the only brand in the shop I bought it at I just threw it away.

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   Zefal, Blackburn

Submitted by Gary Stone a Weekend Warrior from Carlsbad, CA

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2007

Strengths:    Inexpensive, Light, Single head for both valve types

Weaknesses:    Needs the right cage to dual mount, Takes a while to inflate

Bottom Line:
Decent little pump for the price. Don't use it very much, but works good for what i need it for. Fit my presta's fine and my schrader on my cruiser.

Favorite Trail:   Calavera, Flightline

Bike Setup:   Jamis Eureka, Marzocchi DJ2's, Truvativ

Submitted by Chris McFate a Cross Country Rider from Davenport, Iowa USA

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2006

Strengths:    Small, cheap price, easy to use

Weaknesses:    The mount sucks for location on bike

Bottom Line:
If it weren't for the terrible mounting bracket design, it'd be a real winner. The pump itself is great, but the fact that it has to be mounted where your bottle cages mount (meaning 1: it gets in the way of pedaling, and 2: either lose one bottle cage to make room for the pump or in my case lose both cages because of the mounting position and size of the pump gets in the way of either bottle cage location).

Had it have been a top-tube frame mount, it would be perfect, and I thought that's what it was which is why I bought it.

But basically since I can't mount it on my bike's top tube of the frame, I just stash the pump in my Flowpak hydration back (same as a Camelback). It's still nice to have a pump handy when you need one, but having it mounted to the frame would have been much nicer.

Great value price-wise, but the rating is low due to a poorly thought-out location for the mounting bracket.

Favorite Trail:   Elroy-Sparta

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Some crappy one that wouldn't stay in its mounting bracket so I threw it in the woods along a trail years ago

Bike Setup:   2001 GT Aggressor 2.0 - few upgraded components

Submitted by RangerX a Cross Country Rider from Savannah, GA USA

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2006

Strengths:    Cheap

Weaknesses:    1) mount doesn't work right, because it sticks the pump right in the way of pedaling motion.
2) Doesn't "auto" inflate presta

Bottom Line:
Do not buy this pump. It's cheap, and that's it. Unless you just pump Schrader valves, than maybe get it (I don't even know if it will work on those!)

Purchased At:   PricePoint