Home | Reviews | Pump | Serfas

3.89/5 (9 Reviews)

Serfas Over & Under Airbones Pump

Submitted by Alan Shaw a Weekend Warrior from princeton, iowa

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2011

Strengths:    It always works
High pressure or low pressure
supper reliable

Bottom Line:
It always works

Purchased At:   Performance Cycle, C

Bike Setup:   Mountain and recombinant

Submitted by nono a Weekend Warrior from durham, nc, usa

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2008

Strengths:    light weight, quite sturdy

Weaknesses:    same as above. The air is going through the wrong hole... and I can't figure out how to repair this. The problem is pretty opaque.

Bottom Line:
The next bike pump I'll buy will be a different model because of the issue with the air coming out of the wrong hole with the Serfa airbones.

Similar Products Used:   bike pumps with metal frames

Bike Setup:   cannondale road bike

Submitted by John D a Racer from Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2006

Strengths:    pressure gauge

Weaknesses:    over under dual value system sucks

Bottom Line:
the over under dual valve system doesn't work very well. most of the time the air comes out the wrong hole (as in the hole the valve stem is not in). when it does work, it works. but then I've never used a pump that didn't work, so basically this pump is a total waste of money considering there are so many pumps out ther that do work perfectly.

Similar Products Used:   many other pumps (other peoples pumps at the trailhead or friends pumps, or whatever)

Submitted by Rick a Weekend Warrior from Wollongong, Australia

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2005

Strengths:    Light. Pumps up quickly. Nice Dial. Cheap

Weaknesses:    No complaints.

Bottom Line:
Pumping up tyres with either type of valve is a breeze with this pump. Light weight and quite durable. The dial appeals to me. It's good bang for your buck. Don't worry about it being plastic it handles rough treatment well.

Purchased At:   Spearmans

Similar Products Used:   Mongoose Pump

Bike Setup:   GT Tequesta MTB, Fuji Finest Roadie

Submitted by Mike from Los Angeles, CA

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2003

Strengths:    It's inexpensive and feels pretty solid.

Weaknesses:    However, the presta chuck started leaking air after about 3 months. To get it to work, I have to hold it onto the valve. I supposed I could get a replacement part, but it shouldn't take a crap after just 3 months. The guage is a bit difficult to read with small numbers and the adjustable pressure indicator gets knocked off target quite easily. I've got a Silca Super Pista on the way via UPS as I type this.

Bottom Line:
Pay a few extra bucks and get something more durable.

Purchased At:   Universal Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Silca, Blackburn.

Bike Setup:   Strong Foco.

Submitted by Jeff a Weekend Warrior from Seattle, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2001

Strengths:    Lightweight, cheap, nice guage

Weaknesses:    Plastic (but who cares - it works)

Bottom Line:
This pump gets the tire aired up in a big hurry. I think the fact that it is plastic is an asset (makes it light). The gauge is a big benefit. Plus, at $20, you can't afford not to buy this pump! I'd give it a 6 chili value rating if they had it.

Favorite Trail:   anything in Western Washington

Purchased At:   Gregg's Cycles

Bike Setup:   Giant Rincon with the stock mud tires and Michelin Wildgripper City tires

Submitted by Drew a Weekend Warrior from Tampa FL

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2001

Strengths:    Works like a champ! And inexpensive to boot!

Weaknesses:    If you buy the Nashbar version via mailorder you'll save 10 dollars

Bottom Line:
Can't beat it. I notice that Nashbar sells the exact same pump in their catablog with the Nashbar logo for 20 bucks.

Purchased At:   AJ Barnes Bike Emporium

Bike Setup:   GIANT Rincon SE w/ROCKSHOX JUDY XC fork and Panaracer Fire XC tires

Submitted by Rob Pawlik a Cross Country Rider from Greensboro, NC

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2001

Strengths:    Pump my road bike tires up with ease to 120 psi! Definitely not whimpy, but plastic cheapens it's feel. (but then you poay for other materials). Can't beat the price! Dual valve head. Solid footing. Accurate guage. Easy to lube.

Weaknesses:    Could use bigger numbers on guage.

Bottom Line:
If you want cool colors and big logos go somewhere else.

Favorite Trail:   Owls Roost!

Purchased At:   Cycles de Oro (the best!)