Home | Reviews | Pump | Lezyne

Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HPG Pump

For shop convenience gone mobile, you can't beat the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive Pump. The guys at Lazyne may not have succeeded in making it fun to get flat tires, but they did manage to take a lot of the pain out of the inevitable flat with this innovative portable high-volume pump. The Micro Floor Drive incorporates a fold-out stainless steel foot peg to give you the convenience of a floor pump on the trail or side of the road. The comfortable CNC-machined T-handle is a world away from those uncomfortable shaft-handles on most micro pumps. The 24in hose makes it easy to get to valve stems, either Presta or Shrader, and a Speed Chuck is included.The Lezyne Micro Floor Drive Pump is available in a standard (HV) version or a version with an in-line pressure gauge (HVG). Both versions include a Composite Matrix frame pump mount.

Submitted by BodaBoda a Cross Country Rider from Nairobi, Kenya

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2011

Strengths:    A truly great pump that pumps air better than anything else I've used except for the Topeak Mountain Morph.

Weaknesses:    It is almost impossible to remove the pump from the valve stem without taking the valve core with it...rendering the strengths of the pump completely obsolete. Am I doing something wrong, I wonder?

Bottom Line:
A great pump, if only I could find a 100% sure-fire way to unplug it after the job is done. I will still give it a good overall rating because I would prefer to believe my own incompetence is to blame.

Similar Products Used:   You name it, I've used it. I like pumps with a tube because all other clip-ons either bend the valve head or unseat the valve stem, something you want to avoid when you are running tubeless.

Submitted by jimisnowhere a Cross Country Rider from Lynn, Ma

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2010

Strengths:    Wicked light, beautiful, easy to pump. The hose is more than long enough. Fits schrader and presta. Lezyne has tons of replacement parts. It can't weigh more than two clif bars.

Weaknesses:    Handle is a tad small. The gauge can be a bit awkward to read. The finish is so fine it shows every scratch like the back of an ipod does. Pricey. Lezyne should offer it with the aluminum bracket instead of the cheese black plastic one.

Bottom Line:
This is the high pressure version, which means it's slower to fill mtb tires, but it's still way faster than those janky mini pumps. The whole thing flips out to a mini shop pump. I bought the hpv cuz I commute daily, year round on a fixed gear. It rides in the bottom of my bag, under books, beer, laptops, tools, and crap, yet it's unfazed. I'll probably buy a lezyne shock pump, cuz I'm so satisfied with thins thing. It works and looks classy.

Favorite Trail:   lynn Woods