Innovation Slim Jim CP Gauge Pump

Same features as the Slim Jim CP plus a quality built in pressure gauge displaying pressure in LBS and bar.

Submitted by Matt a Cross Country Rider from The Bronx

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2004

Strengths:    It works, it has a gauge, it pumps a decent amount of air per stroke. The T-handle is nice.

Weaknesses:    Bigger than my other pump, an Avenir which I've loved for a long time (may it rest in pieces). Only pumps one way - I'm a fan of pumps that pump on both the upstroke and the downstroke. It's huge. Won't pump up beyond MTB pressure.

Bottom Line:
This is a great pump if you want something cheap and reliable for your mountain bike. It's kind of on the large size, but still fits fine inside my camelbak (but then, so does my 10 degree sleeping bag). The gauge is nice (and the main reason I bought the thing, but it's kind of ballpark. Hard to read and only marked in big intervals. I used this once right after I bought it on my road bike, got a flat, pulled several muscles trying to get decent pressure in the tires and eventually just gave up and rode home on about 75 psi (which is doable, but not ideal). My old Avenir pump was much smaller, but actually pumped faster due to the dual stroke action, and it could go up to 130psi. It would do 100psi without straining all that much. This one about killed me over about 50psi. For the price though, I can't complain about this one.

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Avenir from 1995 (can't remember the model), Innovations Chubbie, C02

Bike Setup:   K25000