Home | Reviews | Pump | Aireon

Aireon Floor Pump Pump

1.57/5 (7 Reviews)

Submitted by Lenny a Racer from Winnipeg,Canada

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2005

Strengths:    None. It's useless. If you like being frustrated go for it! it's the pump for you.

Weaknesses:    This pump sucks. I purchased because it was cheap and I needed it as I was on vacation with a bike and no pump. This stupid pump blows off the valve with amazing pressure into my ssc sl's spoke with almost every use. I hate it. I got so pissed off today when it attacked my spoke that I took it out my back door & smashed it into the sidewalk repetitively, stomped it and through it over my fence into the backlane in a wild rage. I then decided to post this review because I dont want anyone else to waste money on this product.

Bottom Line:
Do not purchase. If already purchased bring back to the place you bought it from and ask for every penny back. By far the worst cycling product I've come across. Supergo why not let walmart take care of unloading these things for aireon! I really like peppers it doesnt deserve any spice.

Favorite Trail:   birch ski area

Purchased At:   supergo

Similar Products Used:   None. Every other pump I've had got air into my tires/tubes efficiently.

Bike Setup:   2005 giant tcr 1 set up kinda like a zero & a y2k cannondale f3000sl.

Submitted by Bryan a Weekend Warrior from Lewiston, Idaho

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2005

Strengths:    Looks good, comfortable handle.

Weaknesses:    Valve internals do not hold up. Hard to get it to work with shrader valves.

Bottom Line:
Don't waste your money. Head is designed to fit Shrader and presta valves. It does niether very well. Plastic screw that holds brass pin depressor broke on mine as well. Sounds like a common occurance. I made my own to replace it. I'm thinking about buying a nice dual head pump in hopes it will work better.

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   El cheapo discount store products.

Bike Setup:   Hard tail. XTR Components. Truvativ crank.

Submitted by john from La Habra

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2004

Strengths:    low price

Weaknesses:    valve head doesn't work with schrader

Bottom Line:
Since I mostly use presta tires, the lack of schrader compatability is acceptable. Expect breakage of the plastic screw that holds the brass pin depressor (located inside the plastic valve head). The amazing thing is, the brass pin depressor is already drilled and tapped, so you can install a metal screw of the same dimensions as the plastic one- easy fix. How much did they save? Half a penny?

Submitted by Jon a Racer from NH, USA

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2004

Strengths:    Worked fine on my presta valves for about a year, pretty cheap, nice gauge.

Weaknesses:    I had the same problem as the other reviewers. Although the pump worked fine for awhile, the valve blew apart in the end after about only a year of fat-tire use. I would expect it to fail much faster if used on road wheels. I never used it on a schrader valve.

Bottom Line:
This pump might work if you only use it occasionally to low pressures, but definetly not for road use or anyone who appreciates a little durability.

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Plenty, inlcuding this really great steel Rienkompressor from my LBS that will last me forever.

Submitted by Dave from Los Angeles

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2004

Strengths:    Kind of works

Weaknesses:    Valve is junk

Bottom Line:
I got this free with a bike purchase and I know why Supergo was giving them away.
The valve does not seat and blows off under even a little pressure. It will stay on a Presta UST valve due to the rigidity of the valve, but blows off a tube or Shrader almost immediately.

Submitted by John M a Cross Country Rider from Lake Forest, CA

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2003

Strengths:    There are NONE.

Weaknesses:    Everything about the valve. It is practically impossible to pump up a road tire. In fact, it finally broke today while trying to pump up a tire to 120psi. (it is rated to 130) Although it is supposed to be a multi-valve head it is, or was, impossible to pump up anything but a presta. The internals of the valve are crap. This makes three of these pumps that I have seen self-destruct. (two of my friends also made the mistake of buying this worthless product)

Bottom Line:
Do not buy this unless you like wasting time and money. I would give it a "zero chili" if it were possible

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Multiple Blackburn, Topeak and Zefal pumps.

Bike Setup:   Road: Serrota Ti w/ ultegra. MTB: Turner 5-spot w/ XTR.

Submitted by Learux a Cross Country Rider from Valencia

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2003

Strengths:    it pumps

Weaknesses:    havent found them

Bottom Line:
Good pump for reasonable price the gauge seems accurate.

Learux

Favorite Trail:   i like most of them