Home | Reviews | Pump | Advent

1.4/5 (15 Reviews)

Advent Pump

Submitted by Tim Gardner from StPaul

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2005

Strengths:    NA

Weaknesses:    NA

Bottom Line:
looking for anyone who knows how to get a hold of manufacture

Purchased At:   bike king

Similar Products Used:   NA

Bike Setup:   NA

Submitted by NJBIKER a Cross Country Rider from Mt. Holly,NJ

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
Don't buy this pump. It worked ok for awhile if you like to get most of your exercise before you ride. I tried to pump up a road tire and the bottom just blew out. Total garbage.

Submitted by Dingo a Weekend Warrior from Palo Alto CA

Date Reviewed: May 10, 1999

Strengths:
cheap price

Weaknesses:
cheap quality

Bottom Line:
This thing stinks. It heats up to about 200 degrees when you use it...which in turn melts all the cheap rubber on this inside seal. I think they get their 'rubber' from the same place that huffy gets its bike tires.

6 months

various

Submitted by KRAMER a racer from WAY OUT THERE

Date Reviewed: February 26, 1999

Bottom Line:

I actually won one of these pieces of crap for taking third in expert class. All I want to know is this: how did the putz below give this thing three flamers . . . . and ruin it's perfect one flamer rating. Bottom line is: this thing doesn't work now, and it never will. Just look at it. Can I give it a negative three chili's, and thus counter act the most optimistic reviewer in mtbr history??

Submitted by Still Pumpin a cross-country rider from West Mich

Date Reviewed: February 11, 1999

Bottom Line:

Hey! I found one of these pieces of crap on the trail and was dumb enough to actually try it. Let's just say that I would sooner eat a flaming terd than try this thing again. My Black Lab is eating the pump as we speak. Good Boy!!

Submitted by immorta a weekend warrior from Australia

Date Reviewed: January 23, 1999

Bottom Line:

I bought an advent frame pump with the built in pressure gauge.
I don't think the gauge was very accurate but who could tell
when you can't even get enough air in the damn tires to make
it register on a gauge anyway. If you enjoy excercising your arms in a pumping like fasion
for extended periods of time, buy an advent pump.
If on the other hand however, you want to put some air in your
tires, stay well clear of it.Best frame pump i've used is the blackburn mammoth,
cost a few dollars more but well worth it.ZERO CHILLIES

Submitted by Bill a cross-country rider from San Jose

Date Reviewed: December 4, 1998

Bottom Line:

Junk, I bought a frame mounted Double action pump. you pump, it gets hot, and doesn't work anymore. Get a Blackburn Mammoth mtn. They are the first mt bike frame pump that I bought that really works.

Submitted by Chris a cross-country rider from Conway,N.H.

Date Reviewed: March 11, 1998

Bottom Line:

Total and utter junk. On no account buy this. If you already bought one throw it away. It breaks easily, it can never put enough pressure in the tire and is hard to attach it to the valve in the firstplace. This is one of the worst cycling products of any kind available.

Submitted by Kris Hempel a cross-country rider from St. Petersburg, FL

Date Reviewed: January 22, 1998

Bottom Line:

This thing is total junk. My wife got one free when she bought a bunch of other stuff at the LBS. I decided to try it out at home when fixing a flat. I could barely get enough pressure in the tube, when it wasn't in the tire, to find the flat. God forbide, if I actually needed to use it to pump up a tire on the trail. It's now in the garbage.

Submitted by Matt a weekend warrior from Honolulu, Hawaii

Date Reviewed: January 8, 1998

Bottom Line:

I thought a pump is a pump. Boy was I wrong. I bought the more expensive Advent floor pump ($20), and it stunk. The presta sided valve continually slipped off my tubes, and when it was on, the tire guage was inaccurate. I had it only two days until I beat it against the ground. Do N O T waste your money on the Advent pump, or any other cheap Advent bike accessories (stems etc.). The Advent pump was a piece of junk that belonged nowhere else than in the garbage can. I now have a Cannondale floor pump and its awesome for $30.

Submitted by Alex a weekend warrior

Date Reviewed: August 14, 1997

Bottom Line:

What a piece of crap! This thing never worked! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I needed it a week after I bought it and the damn thing didn't work! And yes, I did check to see if it was set for my valve, it was. The owner of the bike shop I bought it from said it was his best and most popular pump. The guy's name was Ray, and the bike shop was called Cycle Ray's, but my friends and I called it Pcyco Gay's. He went out of business in three months.

Submitted by Ben Egger from Down Under

Date Reviewed: August 6, 1997

Bottom Line:

I think this pump kicks. The end doesn't clamp on to the valve,but it doesn't have a cap so the mud builds up in the end and acts as packing. I ended up lossing it because the holster was so hopeless.

Submitted by Mike Chaney a weekend warrior from No. Cali

Date Reviewed: July 9, 1997

Bottom Line:

First and worst presta pump I've used. This thing sucks so bad. I bought it for $15 thinking it was a good deal--but, like all Advent stuff--you get what you pay for

Submitted by Daryl a cross-country rider from Washington, DC

Date Reviewed: May 18, 1997

Bottom Line:

Piece of crap! Tried pumping when I got a flat and it wouldn't go over 20 pounds. I ended up borrowing pump from a friend of mine.

Submitted by Thom a downhiller from Eugene, OR

Date Reviewed: June 14, 1996

Bottom Line:

What a piece of crap. The dealer claimed it was the best pump in '95, but the inflating pin is plastic, and has disintegrated over the last six months, only being used maybe twenty times. The double pump action is great, and the rest of the pump is solid, but who cares if the head doesn't do its job on the trail? Avoid this one, buy a Blackburn.

high volume floor pump

Hi I'm in the market for a floor pump to use it to seat tubeless tires. It seem this were mention in older post from my search Lezyne dirt floor Specialized air tool MTB Joe blow mountain Joe blow ace - more air per stroke than the mountain model?? SKS 6.0 Bigger barrel = more air but not a ... Read More »

Frederick, MD pump track - Digging is getting ready to start

Super stoked to say the Frederick Bicycle Coalition effort to get a Frederick pump track built is nearing the construction date. Construction is happening at the end of July. We need your help to get over the finish line. Here are 4 things you can do to help us do that: [B] DONATE:[/B] No dona ... Read More »

CO2 or pump into 1 1/8 steerer tube

Little idea here... [url=http://s758.photobucket.com/user/andreszucs/media/IMG_6529_zps03201270.jpg.html][img]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx225/andreszucs/IMG_6529_zps03201270.jpg[/img][/url] Carbon topcap with American classic tubeless valve cut to thread onto CO2 adapter [url=http: ... Read More »

New pump track coming to Santa Cruz

This was news to me. Sounds fun. [url=http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_23539239/bike-pump-track-its-way-santa-cruz?source=most_viewed]Bike pump track on its way to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Sentinel[/url]Read More »

Rock Shox pump not engaging valve?

I just installed my Recon Silver Solo Air fork and ran into a snag while trying to set the air pressure in the air spring. I screwed the pump onto the valve and got no pressure reading. I tired pumping it up and it seems it is just pressurizing the tube from the pump to the valve on the fork. Has ... Read More »