SaltStick Capsule Nutrition

• The ONLY electrolyte capsule that was formulated to closely resemble the electrolyte profile lost during activity: sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
  • Only 1 capsule per serving. Suggested use: 1 capsule per 30-60 minutes during activity
  • Buffered salt composition that helps digestion and absorption
  • Vegetable-based capsule composition; Bio-available active ingredients. GMP production
  • Contains only WHAT YOU NEED. No: herbal, trace, questionable components added
  • No sweeteners- no high fructose corn syrup, no sweeteners of any kind
  • Does not contain any World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) or International Olympic Committee (IOC) banned substances
  • Unique formulation is patent pending; Engineered by a Ph.D. chemist who is also a pro triathlete
  • Saltstick® Caps uniquely includes vitamin D that helps the body absorb and utilize calcium.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by dixiecupp a Racer from Littleton, Colorado

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2009

Strengths:    excelent levels of electolyte to replace what's lost through sweat.

Bottom Line:
    I sweat by the gallons and neeed a lot of help with proper fluid replacement. I have always cramped in long endurance races. Saltstick capsuls along with my fluids seems to be the answer for me.

Favorite Trail:   colorado trail

Purchased At:   zombierunner

Similar Products Used:   lava salts,

Submitted by anthonytoth a Racer from vancouver, B.C., Canada

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2009

Strengths:    Has everything you need without to balance electrolytes during intense racing and training.

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
    Best Electrolyte replacement on the market, for cost, balacne of minerals as they relate to sweat, and easy to dispence.

I have reccomendent to other they have had cramping and muscle siezing post exercise, and it has relieved their issuses.

Bike Setup:   Cervelo P3C, with Salt stick despense on top tube.

Submitted by Erin Kummer a Racer from Boulder, CO

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
    I absolutely love Salt Stick products. The salt capsules themselves work wonders and the mini dispenser is KEY for my mountain bike bars. The dispenser is not only super easy and convenient to use, but it is also stays put in times when my bike doesn't always stay rubber side down.

Submitted by Racing for Recovery a Racer from Sylvania, Ohio USA

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2009

Strengths:    I utilized this product at Ultraman Hawaii and Ironman Western Australia 6 days later in 2008 and they were awesome. It was imperative that I kept my electrolytes in check through these grueling events so I could maintain my racing performance. I must say I would not have completed these 2 races without this product.

Bottom Line:
    Great product and I will be using it again this year as I compete in Ironman Germany July 5 Ironman Switzerland Jully 12 and Ultraman Canada August 1,2 and 3.
    More information is on www.racingforrecovery.com

Bike Setup:   Griffen bike Hed tri spoke wheels.

Submitted by captainalan a Cross Country Rider from Boynton Beach, Fl. USA

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2008

Strengths:    no effect to the stomach, while delivering all you need. only need one cap at a time.

Weaknesses:    bit on the large side, but offset by not having to take a hand full.

Bottom Line:
    the caps are great. they really keep the problems away. one cap per hour (plus two extra on longer rides) make carrying and planning very easy.

I have a dispenser on the list to get with the next order. I have not tried the dispenser, although a friend has. he encountered moisture problems with the caps sticking. but knowing him it could be a maintenance issue.

Favorite Trail:   Noble Canyon, 401-Deer Creek