Nuun Active Hydration Nutrition

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

Nuun Active HydrationTablets are easyTo carry and use. Just drop aTablet into your water bottle - no need for messy powders! EachTube contains 12Tablets (12 servings), 1 box contains 8Tubes, or 96 servings/box Contains no sugars 6 Calories, 1g Carbs, 0g Sugar, Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin C, and B2 per serving (16 oz water) Designed for use during exercise - pleasant, easyTo drink flavor encourages youTo drink and stay hydrated

Submitted by Patrick a Racer from Huntington Beach, CA USA

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2011

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    All

Bottom Line:
If you are planning to go 3 miles an hour for 1/2 an hour and insist on having a water bottle filled with something on every ride, Nuun is perfect. BUT, if you are actually plan on going big and you normally take hydration really seriously, go with something else, anything else.

I'm sorry I am being so sarcastic but I was really disappointed by this product - It just didn't pack a lot of punch. I'm in marketing and follow trends and it seems that Nuun is positioning itself for a big (almost) mass market push. This bothers me as well - I love small companies that are innovative. Soon Nuun may be neither. There are so many better products out there.

That said, they where one of the first to do tabs. I must admit that tabs are the best delivery method. So a small silver lining.

Similar Products Used:   Nothing is this bad

Bike Setup:   Specialized

Submitted by Elduder a Cross Country Rider from Clifton, OH

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2009

Strengths:    Tastes great, no calories, just plain works

Weaknesses:    Kola does not taste too good like a flat pepsi

Bottom Line:
First off I hate sugar free anything that is until I was turned on by these little alkaseltzer tablets. From what I have read the effervensence of these enables the body to absorb them quicker. They have a very refreshing taste and cause me to consume more fluid than I nomrally do. For short rides these are hard to beat. Like other reviewers stated conveninent due to the small packaging so you can keep a few tubes in your camelback. You can really feel a difference in your legs when drinking this stuff. For longer rides I would use something else with this product

Favorite Trail:   Brown County State park

Purchased At:   Campus Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Nothing like it

Bike Setup:   09 GF rig stock with Egg beaters

Submitted by flyinryan2 a Racer from Elkader, IA

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2009

Strengths:    The previous reviewers said it beautifully. No sugar cramping or upset stomachs. Great flavors! Takes 2 minutes to dissolve, unlike those other brands. Different size tablets for bottles or hydration packs. Cool packaging tubes that have these little beads in the lid to keep tablets dry and a springy lid to cushion the tablets from bumps so they don't end up in crumbs. Nice. My fav.

Weaknesses:    Ok, I make it sound like these are the best things since the invention of beer, but I do have one quibble. After drinking Nuun, your mouth and throat becomes a little dry, esp. when you are racing and breathing hard. I suppose I could try not breathing to eliminate that, hmmm????

Bottom Line:
Works great, tastes great, and is less filling.

Similar Products Used:   Nathan Sports electrolyte tablets--Very good also. If you can't get Nuun, get the Nathans. Zym--weird foam on top after it gets done dissolving, but taste ok. Tons of other hydration drinks.

Bike Setup:   One with a bottle cage for my Nuun.

Submitted by bigwheelin a Cross Country Rider from gig harbor, wa, usa

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2008

Strengths:    nuun is great! i've tried 3 of their flavours and my favorite is orange ginger but they're all light-tasting. if you're a mountain biker, you're sweating and you need to replenish your fluids (more than water). i always ran into the problem of crap growing in the bladder of my hydration pack if i put a sports drink in there, but nuun doesn't have any energy (carbs, protein, etc.) just electrolytes, so my bladder stays science project free :-). overall, i feel better on my rides- no cramping, no sticky mess to deal with, and no stomach aches from all the sugars from the "ade" family.

Weaknesses:    i have to drive a ways to get some- my local shop (old town bicycles) doesn't carry it.

Bottom Line:
it's the answer to staying hydrated. it's portable, you know that you're not tossing plastic bottles just to get a drink and it works! give it a shot!

Favorite Trail:   bonzai (black rock)

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   camelback elixir- tastes too syrupy/rich. still got pack sticky and gunked-up.

Bike Setup:   29'er rigid singlespeed.

Submitted by System a Racer from Colorado Springs, CO

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2008

Strengths:    Tastes great, easy to take on rides, much cheaper than other sports drinks

Bottom Line:
I've tried so many sports drinks and they all either taste horrible or upset my stomach. Nuun has a really good taste (not too strong), is gentle on my stomach, and I love the fact that it's sugar-free. For rides less than 2hrs, I don't need or want the extra sugar, artificial colors, and calories. If I need carbs or calories, I just take a gel. I also really like the fact that I don't have to carry extra baggies filled with powder on my long rides, just the little tube. It's so much cheaper than other sports drinks, too. It comes out to about $.50 a bottle. If you're looking for a convenient, good tasting, inexpensive sports drink, you should give Nuun a try.

Similar Products Used:   name the sports drink, I've used it...Hammer, Gatorade, Accelerade, Inifinit, Gleukos

Bike Setup:   Scott Spark 10