Hammer Nutrition Recoverite Nutrition

4.93/5 (15 Reviews)

The extent to which you recover today will largely determine the quality of your performance tomorrow. When you put as much effort into the recovery process as you do for active training, you're ahead of the game and you'll no doubt enjoy improved performance. Along with adequate rest, it's vitally important to refuel your body as soon as possible after every training session and race. Using Recoverite, you can be assured that you're giving your body exactly what it needs. Recoverite is the right product with the right formula to provide your body with the right amounts of the right nutrients, ensuring rapid and complete recovery from all your workouts and races. Recoverite is forumulated with an ideal 3:1 carbohydrate to protein ratio to support glycogen synthesis and muscle tissue rebuilding. It has no added simple sugars, allowing for higher caloric intake and easier digestion. It has 100% whey protein isolate only, no inferior proteins, and it's generously fortified (three grams per serving) with glutamine for optimal immune system support.Added nutrients include chromium polynicotinate for enhanced muscle glycogen synthesis and l-carnosine, a tremendous antioxidant. It supplies a balanced, full spectrum, easily assimilated electrolyte profile and has a pleasant, light citrus taste, never oversweet with no foul aftertaste. 32 servings per container.

Submitted by JD Baldwin a Cross Country Rider from Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2007

Strengths:    Works as advertised -- alleviates soreness and fatigue post-workout. Tastes OK, especially for a recovery drink. Dissolves well in water.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Good stuff! It's an average-priced nutritional that would be worth every penny if it cost 3x as much.

Favorite Trail:   Various

Purchased At:   jensonusa.com

Similar Products Used:   PowerBar Recovery drink, store brand recovery drinks

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel EX 9.5

Submitted by Kevin K a Cross Country Rider from Sherman Oaks

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2007

Strengths:    Low calorie count Better than most products out there.

Weaknesses:    Does not help your body recuperate as well as one other product.

Bottom Line:
I decided to try Recoverite since I use almost all of Hammer Nutritions products, (Perpetuem, Endurance, Heed, Gel ect...) with great success over the last two years. These products rule, however, for the last month, approx. 4+ weeks,I decided to try Recoverite. I have not changed my work out routing for the last six month, and have been taking ultragen as my recup drink immediately following my workouts, then decided to switch over to Recoverite, I instantly felt more fatigue the next day using Recoverite, and my work outs suffered because my body was did not recover, and was not able to reach the level of work out from the months before. I did take two scoops right after working out, then another two scoops one hour later, five days a week, but, my workouts kept deteriorating. My strengh and endurance suffered. I've since switched back to ultragen, and my work outs are progressing as normal. My personal observation is that Recoverite helps you to recover approx. 60-65%, where Ultragen helps me recover approx. 80-85%. But, remember thats just for my body, and my workouts. JMVHO. I give it four flammin chili's because it is the second best product out there.

Favorite Trail:   sullivan/ Thunder Mt. Utah

Purchased At:   smartbodynutrition.com

Similar Products Used:   Ultragen, Gatorade recovery

Bike Setup:   Titus Talus Switchblade 2004, Thomson Seat post/stem, Manitou Minute 3 IT, Fox Talas Shock, Sram X.0 rear derailer/Grip Shifters, Shimano XT Crank/front derailler/chain/cogs/bb, Egg Beater twin ti, Mavic 819, DT Swiss 240s, Hayes El Camino brakes, WTB Weirwolf UST tires.

Submitted by Steve a Cross Country Rider from Lakeville,IN USA

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2007

Strengths:    IT WORKS! Tastes great, mixes well

Weaknesses:    NONE!

Bottom Line:
Recoverite works, especially after a tough ride. I can tell, the following day, that I pushed myself, but I don't feel wasted. I really like the flavor and often find myself craving it by the end of a ride. Recoverite goes down well, even on days when I have had a hard time getting anything down. GREAT STUFF!!

Favorite Trail:   Potato Creek

Purchased At:   Directly

Submitted by James a Cross Country Rider from Los Angeles, CA

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2005

Strengths:    Tastes great (not too strong)
Goes down easy
Dissolves completely

Bottom Line:
It does what is says. Use this product within the 30 mins window post work out and you won't be sore the next day period. You will feel better faster after a tough workout or race. I used Endurox before and it was fine but it was thicker and sometimes harder swallow on a hotter days. I then used just whey protein and some gel mixed in for carbs which was good but was missing the L-Glutamine and other important minerals etc, as well as I had to always mix the two and that was a pain. Recoverite is perfect blend of ingredients in the right ratios and works period.

Favorite Trail:   Backbone Trail

Purchased At:   Hammer Gel Website

Submitted by David a Racer from Texas

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2005

Strengths:    - A great combination of protein and carbs.
- Mild taste which doesn't overwelm you after a hard workout.
- No artificial colors or unhealthy chemicals.
- Convenient when away from home.

Bottom Line:
A great post-workout recovery drink that allows you to get the necessary carbs and protein in the body within the critical 20 min window. Plus the lack of unhealthy chemicals can only help with your health and performance.

Purchased At:   www.e-caps.com

Submitted by Brian a Racer from Phoenix

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2005

Strengths:    Tastes great, mixes well, tastes great, easily assimilates, tastes great. Made of natural, no-sugar, good stuff. Best stuff out there.

Weaknesses:    Doesn't go well with Donuts.

Bottom Line:
This stuff rocks! Use this stuff next time and you won't be as sore, will have instant energy level increases, and will want to ride the day after your next race. My wife hates it--I never take a day off anymore!

Favorite Trail:   Estrella Mtn Park

Purchased At:   Direct online

Similar Products Used:   Endura, Endurox, Extran,

Bike Setup:   Titus Racer-X--nothing else. SRAM, FSA, King, DT, Fox.

Submitted by kristi from plainview, ar

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2005

Strengths:    Recoverite tastes great, it's not thick, dissolves easily, and has all the recovery components without huge calories.

Bottom Line:
This is the way to go for great recovery! I look forward to finishing a ride so I can have my recovery drink!

Similar Products Used:   Endurox, Hammer Pro Whey

Submitted by Karl W Keltner from Liberty MO USA

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2005

Strengths:    goes down easily, has extra protein to repair torn down muscle tissue & carbs to replace your energy

Bottom Line:
After using Endurox, it's nice to use a product with proteins & carbs & not all of the sugar. The taste is light, & I recommend it for anyone who needs to recover from hard training & wants to come back for big or small events. Even after a long workout, when you have that feeling that nothing "sounds good" to eat or drink, this will do the trick. The mixer is recommended to purchase with this product--makes its use that much easier.

Purchased At:   hammergel.com

Submitted by Christopher Weiland a Racer from Piscataway, NJ

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2005

Strengths:    It works very well! Easy to order, mix and store.

Weaknesses:    Shipping to the east coast is slow.

Bottom Line:
Recoverite does what it suppost too: refuel and rebuild for faster recovery. Recoverity has high quaility ingredients and no simple sugars and since I care what I put into my body, it is perfect for me. For people who workout every day and/or people who care what they consume, recoverite is a must. For what you get, I think it is a good value.

Purchased At:   e-caps.com

Similar Products Used:   Most products on the market as well as my own mixes.

Submitted by Lois Waite a Racer from New Port Richey, FL

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2005

Strengths:    I am a competitive duathlete and triathlete. In my opinion, a workout is almost a waste if you don't follow it up promptly with proper nutrition. Recoverite helps me to easily restore what my body needs. The convenient shaker bottle makes it easy for me to take with me. I found that muscle soreness is greatly reduced when I use Recoverite immediately following a workout or race. I also used to have alot of problems with insulin spikes from products with simple sugars. There are no simple sugars in Recoverite so I don't have to worry about a spike.

Bottom Line:
This is probably my favorite product in my arsenal. The taste is great, I actually look forward to it. Knowing I am properly restoring what I've spent during a tough workout means that I will be strong for the next day. I recommend this product to any athlete who wants to truly get the most from each training session.

Submitted by Robert Kelly a Racer from Alexandria, VA

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2004

Strengths:    I have tried many recovery drinks over the years and was pleasantly suprised when I first tried Recoverite. I had gotten used to looking at recovery drinks like taking my daily vitamins, necessary but not enjoyable. Now I actually crave the taste of recoverite after a good workout.

Bottom Line:
With two boys under 4, I am always concerned about suger content. Now I never have to fear them grabbing my sports drink or recovery drink again. Kudo's to the creator of Recoverite.

Favorite Trail:   Prince William/Occoquan

Purchased At:   Manufacturer's website

Similar Products Used:   Endurox, Hammer Pro Whey

Bike Setup:   Softride and Klein

Submitted by David Kroupa a Racer from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
Due to the fact that I have been a competitive runner for the past 30 years and Dualthete for the past 10 years I have logged a lot of miles on the roads both running and cycling. As I have gotten older, my injuries have continued to increase in severity and duration at least until I started using Recoverite. I have used Recoverite religiously since it was introduced to the marketplace this past year. How do I know its working? Besides the fact I have not been injured since I started using Recoverite I also feel better during workouts and I'm not sore all the time either like I was before I started using Recoverite.

Submitted by Anne a Racer from Blacksburg, VA

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2004

Strengths:    Undoubtably the best product for recovery I have ever used. I adventure race and run ultra marathons, as well as century bike rides, and I can train for multiple events, hour, after hour, on the same day, drink my Recoverite, and feel great the rest of the day...like I never even worked out. Seriously, these are not all easy workouts, yet Recoverite supplies just what my body needs to get me ready for the rest of the day, my next workouts, or my upcoming race.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
No matter what type of athlete you are, or what events you compete in, if you workout hard and take your competitions seriously, use Recoverite after your workouts and you will see a difference. Your body will be recovered and ready to go the next time you are!

Similar Products Used:   I've used Endurox, but I wouldn't say it is a similar product...there is nothing like Recoverite that I have found.

Submitted by John Geoppinger a Racer from cincinnati,OH

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2004

Strengths:    It works as well as they say it does

Bottom Line:
Like the guy in the next review I didn't truly appreciate this product until I ran out and had to go back to using some R4 I had left over until my new can of Recoverite came. There is no comparing these two products. If I drink Recoverite within 1 hour of my workout I always feel ready to go the next day, no matter how tough the previous day was. Another cool thing about it is the taste. It almost doesn't have one, so you can flavor it with some Hammer Gel (espresso is my fave) this also lets you add some quality calories from complex carbs to help replenish glycogen stores. Serious riders need serious recovery, Recoverite is the way to do it. I know forty bucks sounds like a lot for a can of recovery drink but it's a big honkin' can so it still gets five flamers for value.

Purchased At:   hammernutrition.com