Hammer Nutrition Race Caps Supreme Nutrition

The defining (and not surprisingly the best selling) product in the Hammer Nutrition family is the Race Caps Supreme. Why? It's because several important substrates ("spark plugs") are necessary for the efficient production of energy from your food and oxygen intake. Exercise rapidly depletes these important nutrients. Taking Race Caps Supreme is like putting fresh spark plugs in your body, ensuring consistent, efficient energy production. In addition, several ingredients in Race Caps Supreme are superb antioxidants and key nutrients for cardiovascular health. It's a safe, comprehensive, and effective formula promoting higher energy levels, increased endurance, reduced muscle fatigue, a strengthened immune system and improved recovery. One bottle contains 90 capsules.

Submitted by sundog7 a Racer from Loveland,CO,USA

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2009

Strengths:    Excellent for leg muscle development and muscle fatigue reduction.

Weaknesses:    Just cost, and it's not bad.

Bottom Line:
These little capsules really help build muscle in the legs. I have used it for over three years with some short periods without. It definitely helps build leg strength and reduces leg fatigue. My leg cramps also stopped when I first started taking it, and never came back. Nothing else helped, including electrolytes.
If your legs give-out before your lungs, this is the help.
This is one of only two products that really seemed to help me (other than recovery drinks for short-term).
If you race, you should take these pills daily to build-up the legs.

Favorite Trail:   Western Skies

Purchased At:   Hammer online

Similar Products Used:   Straight vitamin E capsules.

Bike Setup:   Not a factor.

Submitted by Bruce a Racer from West SuffieldCT

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2005

Strengths:    new found energy and endurance, general health and recovery, less bad days

Weaknesses:    none that I can see

Bottom Line:
I have been taking this new and improved product for over year and the prior products for numerous years. No one likes to throw money away so I continue with this product and the strength and edurance gains I achieve.

Favorite Trail:   anything technical

Purchased At:   e-caps.com

Similar Products Used:   numerous Champion Nutrition, PB products and everything else out there claiming this and that.

Bike Setup:   depends on the mood but either road, single speed or full-sus

Submitted by Deanna Frank a Racer from Birmingham, Alabama, USA

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
I've been using Race Caps Supreme as long as it's been out. I used the Race Caps prior to it. I'm not able to get all scientific about it, but I do know that I can tell a difference in recovery as well as my overall health. I've had periods of time where I did not take them and all I know is that I can tell a difference in getting sick such as the common cold-I don't get colds often, and I seems to be able to bounce back a little quicker from heavy duty training.

Submitted by Shaun Gonsalves a Racer from Lakewood, CA

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2005

Strengths:    Improves your overall performance, energy level, and recovery time.

Bottom Line:
You cannot go wrong with this product. If you have doubts pick up the phone and place your order, all of E-Caps/Hammer Nutrition products are 100% satisfaction guaranteed. The client service is excellent! I've been an E-Caps "addict" for over a year now and have been transformed into a competitive athlete. I highly recommend the E-Caps Daily Essentials (Race Caps Supreme, Premium Insurance Caps and the Mito-R Caps).

Favorite Trail:   Any trail with technical steep climbs.

Purchased At:   www.E-Caps.com

Similar Products Used:   None worth mentioning.

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur equipped to adventure race or XC race.

Submitted by Karl W Keltner from Liberty MO USA

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2005

Strengths:    easy & convenient, no downsides

Bottom Line:
Years into my training for endurance running & triathlon, I realized I was missing something. Race Caps simply allow me to work at a higher efficiency, increasing my endurance. The combination of this product with Perpetum give me the feeling/ability of "going forever." There are not energy spikes or lows--simply a consistent stream of energy, keeping my mind clear for any event I am doing.

Purchased At:   hammergel.com

Submitted by Jill Beste a Cross Country Rider from Underhill, VT USA

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2005

Strengths:    This supplement recovers me faster than anything else I have tried.

Weaknesses:    Trying to remember to take it one race days when there is a million other things going on one hour before the race.

Bottom Line:
This is a must have for any endurance athlete. I am recoveing fast and able to race consectutive days in a row.

Purchased At:   E-Caps.com

Similar Products Used:   Enduro Caps, Race Caps, Cardio Caps

Bike Setup:   I am a biathlete (cross country skiing and shooting) but I do road and mountain biking for training in the summer and fall.

Submitted by Suzanne Endsley a Racer from CDA, ID

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2004

Strengths:    Race Caps Supreme has combined the best of both worlds - exceptional cardiovascular benefits with unreal endurance benefits. Plus, instead of taking numerous capsules and fiddling with them during a race, all the power is packed into one or two caps!

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
For racing and quality training, I don't do it without Race Caps Supreme. A nutrional routine incorporating Race Caps has been the key to helping me reach personal goals in terms of racing and training. With the use of this product I have been able to reach deeper and work harder and recover quicker.

Favorite Trail:   all of them!

Purchased At:   E-caps/Hammer Nutrition

Similar Products Used:   Old model Race Caps, Old model Enduro Caps

Bike Setup:   QR Caliente - tri specific bike

Submitted by GREG a Racer from FORDYCE,AR. USA

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2004

Strengths:    YOU CAN TRAIN HARDER AND RECOVER FASTER, I USE THEM EVERYDAY

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
THIS PRODUCT WORKS,I'M A 46 YEAR OLD MOTOCROSS RACER (OLDER THAN DIRT)AND I JUST WON THE PLUS 30, PLUS 40 AND PLUS 45 YEAR OLD CLASSES AT THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RACE.
I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT ALL OF THE E-CAP AND HAMMER PRODUCTS,I WON'T TRAIN OR RACE WITH OUT THEM,BECAUSE I LIKE THE RESULTS.

Similar Products Used:   E-CAPS, ENDUROLITES

Submitted by Stephan a Racer from Austin, TX

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2004

Strengths:    Since over 3 years I've used Race Caps Supreme (or the previous e-caps products (Race Caps and Enduro Caps). Ever since I started using them for training and racing I noticed 2 main things: 1) much better recovery from long training events, 2) much better performance especially during the later parts of long training days. If you are training/racing for 2+ hours (up to 10+ hrs) Race Caps Supreme as a supplement helps you to get more out of your workouts, and to be sure you are ready for more training the next day...

Bottom Line:
'Must Have' supplement if you train/race a lot and participate in long endurance events.

Purchased At:   e-caps

Similar Products Used:   Some of the ingredients separately. However, it does not work as well as taking the full formula you get in Race Caps Supreme, and it ends up being more expensive.

Submitted by Christine from Holland, PA

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2004

Strengths:    A great product for both training and racing. Competing in primarily long distance triathlons this product combined with others such as SE( sustained energy) and endurolytes has enabled me to remain strong in these events. Would recommend to competitive athletes at all distances.

Bottom Line:
Many quality products that also provide a great result include tissue rejuvenator, Heed amd hammergel. Racing and training for Ironman events is not physically possible without proper nutrition and supplementation.

Purchased At:   e-caps/hammer nutrition

Submitted by Cheryl from Tacoma, WA

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2004

Strengths:    Race Caps Supreme is a great product. No cramps and I feel stronger during and after races then I did when I was not using the product.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
If you want better race results and better workouts, try this product.

Submitted by Karen a Cross Country Rider from Riverside, CA , USA

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2004

Strengths:    felt stronger and could sustain activity for longer. I do long distance, multi-hour events and would take it every hour. Never had GI issues, ie. burping up supplements

Bottom Line:
I found using Race Caps for training, non-training days and during a race combined with the Mito-R caps and endurolytes, sustained energy and race day boost (on race days) kept me energized, not fatigued, no muscle cramping for a long periods of time. I participate in events from 3-40 hours. Minimal lactate build-up and overall saw increases in performance, decreased times. I'd suggest its use for the competative athlete

Purchased At:   e-caps.com