First Endurance Optygen Nutrition

4.67/5 (21 Reviews)

OPTYGEN is designed to maximize oxygen utilization and reduce lactic acid so you can generate more power.

Submitted by chin a Weekend Warrior from usa

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2010

Strengths:    it works good.

Bottom Line:
I suggest you this is the better product i used in my life where the information that is available on www.weightlossguide.com helped me to get it.

Submitted by fast track a Racer from Elk Grove, CA USA

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2009

Strengths:    Did not notice a big difference until I rode at high altitude and had the ride of my life with climbers that always drop me.
stopped taking it and notice a considerable drop off in performance for about 2 weeks.

Weaknesses:    expensive and I noticed a cough that lasted while I was taking it.It didnt bother me while riding though. Maybe just coincidence.I would say that my lungs felt sensitive while taking it?

Bottom Line:
I used the new formula Optogen HP. I will try it again next season and see what happens . First Endurance products are excelent . The Ultagen is A+++ for recovery!The multi vitamins seemed to work good and the Prerace gave me a good Jolt before heading off to the Start line.

Favorite Trail:   3rd divide

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   FRS/r4

Bike Setup:   Epic MTB / Tarmac road

Submitted by andybebay a Weekend Warrior from Maryville, TN US

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2009

Strengths:    cool reviews, nice packaging.

Weaknesses:    Didn't work for me. Took religiously for 4 weeks, no change, none.

Bottom Line:
I've used for over 3 weeks religiously. Took every day as directed, didn't miss one day. Had a big event coming up. I saw no difference. Sort of bummed after reading all the glowing reviews. Certainly no change in my performance. Nothing noticeable in recovery either. Just thought it worth passing on my experience. I'll take the rest of the bottle and if I see or feel anything different, will update or send the bottle back for my refund.

I've tried a bunch of these, non seem to work. Prob just stick with a good diet, rest, and good fuel/hydration while riding.

Favorite Trail:   all of them

Submitted by bill stuy a Racer from kansas

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2007

Strengths:    performs as advertised. reduces lactic acid. improves recovery. allows more time at VO2 max

Weaknesses:    diminishing effects when taken consectutively for over 5months

Bottom Line:
great product, only supplement i would recommend. i've been taking for 3 years and have had nothing but great results. i feel great at higher levels and i can stay near vo2 max for much longer. optygen also improves recovery dramtically.
AMAZING PRODUCT!!!!!!

Submitted by Duncan Gardner a Cross Country Rider from UK

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2006

Strengths:    Superb extra endurance evan during first loading week. Really stops lactic acid build at end of ride and next day aches gone. Strange don't know how it works but it is good to by something which actually works. I use it wit SIS Go as an electrolyte which gives excelant on ride recovery

Weaknesses:    I feel a bit off if I run out of tablets or forget to talke

Bottom Line:
Best investment you can make to accelerate traing

Purchased At:   £34

Bike Setup:   Giant NRS carbon full sus X-country + Principia RCS

Submitted by Duncan Gardner a Cross Country Rider from UK

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2006

Weaknesses:    I feel a bit off if I run out of tablets or forget to talke

Bottom Line:
Best investment you can make to accelerate traing

Purchased At:   £34

Bike Setup:   Giant NRS carbon full sus X-country + Principia RCS

Submitted by Knopp Tom a Racer from Signal Mountain, TN, USA

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2004

Strengths:    It works. First Endurance has written the perfect trilogy with Optygen, Ultragen, and E3. I have experienced my best off-road riding since I started taking Optygen in 2002. I was hoping to improve my cardiovascular ability, but was suprised to improve on my bike handling skills as well.

Weaknesses:    Price-But if it works, it's worth it.

It is not a magic pill. There are no magic pills yet. You have to still train hard to get results. But results are seen sooner than other supplement I have ever used. Actually, most of the other supplements I have tried have not been effective.

Bottom Line:
Optygen Works

Favorite Trail:   Porcupine Rim-Moab

Purchased At:   firstendurance.com

Similar Products Used:   I have not found anything similar to Optygen, but have tried Cytosport-Vasostat, Endurox-Excel, E-Caps, Amino Vital-Fast Change, and OxyGen.

Bike Setup:   Specialized StumpJump (old S-works frame), XTR Groupo

Submitted by jerry larson a Racer from alta utah

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2004

Strengths:    Fast recovery from intense efforts and drastically reduces lactic acid. At 46 years old Optygen is like the fountain of youth.

Bottom Line:
I can't wait to see what they come up with next!!

Purchased At:   web site

Similar Products Used:   There is nothing like it on the market

Submitted by Natalie Angell a Cross Country Rider from Whitefish, MT 59937

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2004

Strengths:    Marked increase in ability to recover in between competitions.

Weaknesses:    none- other than remebering to take it.

Bottom Line:
As a member of the U.S. Telemarking Ski Team I have been using Optygen continuously for the last six months, both to prepare myself for competition and as a supplememnt for post-injury knee rehab. I have noticed significant results in my recovery times both in between training and competition. I also believe that Optygen has helped aid me in a speedy recovery. I have not noticed any side-effects from using Optygen. It is a great supplement for both the aspiring and serious athlete. This product will help any athlete reach their optimal performance levels.

Favorite Trail:   Big Mountain, MT

Submitted by Jimmy Archer a Racer from Boulder, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2004

Strengths:    As a triathlete I immediately noticed I was stronger off the bike and during the run. Over all I noticed that I recovered faster, especialy days with more than one workout.

Weaknesses:    None that I can see.

Bottom Line:
I am a sceptic when it comes to nutritional supplements. I believe your best bet is a good well rounded diet and plenty of it, with ample hydrations as well.

When I first took Optygen I was not expecting anything. But I instantly noticed that I was much stronger off the bike and onto the run. I felt I could jump right into fast race pace running without the normal transition period for the first mile to get my run legs under me.

After taking Optygen for a few months I found my recovery from hard efforts was much quicker and I seemed to have another gear in training and racing.

I am still a sceptic about nutritional products but I would not give this stuff up. It works and thats the bottom line.

Purchased At:   Colrado Cyclist

Bike Setup:   K2 Razorback Team, and K2 Mod 5.0 soon the Code 6

Submitted by Russ from Edwards

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2004

Strengths:    awesome taste, no clumps, easy to digest... and WORKS!

Bottom Line:
I used to use Endurox, always had stomach discomfort, and couldn't eat a meal for at least an hour. I also didn't know the doses of the ingredients were not effective until I started doing research.
Ultragen has effective doses for recovery. The others are just marketing.
I've also found great recovery after hard efforts, way more so than other brands.

Purchased At:   Moontime Cyclery

Submitted by Tyler Johnson a Racer from Cockaponsett Forest, CT

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2004

Strengths:    Does what it says it will do. I have used Optygen for two seasons and can testify that it really does allow you to increase your training effort and thereby increase your level of fitness. I race from Europe to Canada, all corners of the USA and am heading to the Pacific next week. Without Optygen I could not do 2-aday workouts and feel fresh the next day. Believe me this stuff works. It's easy on your stomach, never ever burped once, and the price is OK too.

Weaknesses:    I didn't find it sooner!

Bottom Line:
Buy it, use it, go faster longer.

Favorite Trail:   Xterra Richmond

Similar Products Used:   NONE

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Scalpel/XTR for Xterra and NORBA. Cannondale Optimo/Campy Record for Road Races/Duathlon/Triathlon.

Submitted by Andy a Racer from Chandler, AZ

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2004

Strengths:    Easy to use, works great, high quality product

Bottom Line:
Finally, I found a supplement that worked. Working full time and training when possible is tough so I was looking to find a way to maximize my training time.

So after a lot of research, I started using Optygen last year while competing as a sponsored athlete on the Balance Bar Sprint Adventure series.

With Optygen, I was able to push my training intensity and sustain it over a longer period of time all the while keeping my heart rate in check. This combined with its amazing ability to recover both during and after the race is nothing short of amazing. Optygen is the real deal!!

This product should be used by any athletes/riders who are looking to move to the next level and are looking for that edge over the unsuspecting competition. Occasional riders can also benefit especially during your weekly long rides or that epic ride you have been looking forward to

PS. I started to combine the Optygen use with their new product Ultragen and the results are amazing. The recovery drink works great both during and after training/races. You should check it out!

Favorite Trail:   Hawes

Purchased At:   firstendurance.com

Similar Products Used:   Just about all of them...

Bike Setup:   Carbon Hardtail Trek and Titus Racer X - Titanium

Submitted by Thomas a Racer from Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2004

Bottom Line:
The Bottom line on Optygen for me is this is the first supplement that I've used where I have felt the effect dramaticaly. None of this " I think I felt something" stuff or placebo effect. It definitely helps my ability to recover more quickly between hard efforts. I don't know of another product that did that for me. I have also read some complimentary evidence that the main ingredient may also help with mood...not a bad side effect in my book and it does seem to me that when I'm using Optygen, my general sense of well-being is enhanced....maybe that's just a side-effect of riding well, though. I think anyone who has spent money before on a supplement and been dissapointed ( who hasn't) should give Optygen a try. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly suprised, and if not, they have a money back garantee, so there's no risk, really. Who shouldn't buy it...well, if you don't care about on-the-bike performance, then I reckon you might be dissapointed.

Submitted by Kenny Williams a Racer from Washington, Kirkland, US

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2004

Bottom Line:
Optygen Works very well. With Working and racing Full time I'm able to train at a very High level and race 4-5x's a week. Amd still Win a lot of races. I think this is the best performance supplement on the market!

Purchased At:   Madison Bikes

Optygen

Has anyone tried the OPTYGEN or OPTYGEN HP endurance? Thanks for sharing!Read More »

Optygen Vitamins

Has anyone tried OPTYGEN Vitamins from [url]www.firstendurance.com?[/url] Thanks!Read More »

Optygen Vitamins

Has anyone tried OPTYGEN vitamins from [url]www.firstendurance.com?[/url] Thanks for sharing!Read More »

Optygen vs. Cordygen5?

I was looking at these two products and they seem, somewhat, similar but the Cordygen5 is half the price of the Optygen... Anyone have any experience w/ both these?Read More »

Optygen HP

Is anyone taking Optygen HP by 1st endurance? Can I get some feedback on what you think about it. I am a 24 hour solo racer and just curious if this product will help me out. Thanks.Read More »