Camelbak Elixir Electrolyte Tablets Nutrition

Camelbak Elixir Electrolyte Drink Tabs are specifically formulated to be safe for your Camelbak and deliver the proper nutrition for your epic rides. Certain flavors use caffeine.

Camelbak Elixir Electrolyte Tablets Nutrition Pro Review

Elixir contains a special blend of electrolytes, vitamins and minerals to help maintain body fluid balance, for optimal athletic performance and normal metabolic functioning. Your body requires water, and during vigorous exercise you lose water through perspiration, along with vital minerals and electrolytes. You can re-hydrate faster and more efficiently drinking an electrolyte rich water. Continue reading →

Submitted by Typoman a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2012

Strengths:    It makes my water taste so good I literally drink twice as much. Its not very sweet. It just tastes a lot better than plain water. The effervescence is incredibly refreshing. It leaves no residue at all in the water bladder. My ride recovery was...well....I needed no recovery period. After a hard hour riding in the heat, I got back to the car and drove home like I had just been out for a walk.

Weaknesses:    I can't shower with it. . . keep reading.

I have to carry a separate bottle of ice water for spraying down my head in the hot weather. I used to use the water in my CamelBak.

Bottom Line:
The tube in the picture has a stack of tablets in it. They dissolve like Alka-Seltzer. I've only tried the lemon-lime one and it hits the spot for me. I started dropping a tablet into a water bottle when I do yard work and I get the same benefit of drinking A LOT more and not getting beat by the heat.