Amino Vital Mix and Shake Powder Nutrition

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Mix with water and shake in a squeeze bottle for 20 fl. oz. of instant Amino Power , easily portable for whenever and wherever you need it most.

Recommended for long and/or especially demanding workouts, sports competitions, and frequent travelers who need their Amino Vital on the road. Regular, endurance or pro formulas available.

Submitted by Coney a Weekend Warrior from Nottingham

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2007

Strengths:    Great light citrus taste, not sugary at all. Tastes good cold or warm. Non upsetting to stomach

Weaknesses:    None really, other than you really need to shake it up in the bottle

Bottom Line:
I have noticed a more than slight difference in recovery after I ride and feel like I have more energy during the ride than when I just drink plain water or gatorade. The difference is not night and day, but there is a difference. You can find the combo Shake and Drink Mix packets sold with their Fast Charge packs which you can easily carry in our pocket, but I do not like the taste of those.

Favorite Trail:   Middle Run

Purchased At:   Perfromance Bike / or online

Similar Products Used:   Amino supplements in tab form

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Pirahna (XT)
Zepplin Airbourne (DA)

Submitted by Coney a Weekend Warrior from Nottingham

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2007

Favorite Trail:   Middle Run

Purchased At:   Perfromance Bike / or online

Similar Products Used:   Amino supplements in tab form

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Pirahna (XT)
Zepplin Airbourne (DA)

Submitted by Todd a Cross Country Rider from Hawaii

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2007

Strengths:    Tastes good and helps heighten energy during your ride and recovery after.

Weaknesses:    Little bit pricey

Bottom Line:
I'm always trying new types of nutrition and this stuff seems to work.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Purchased At:   GNC

Similar Products Used:   Many others

Bike Setup:   Intense 5.0

Submitted by Joseph Besser a Cross Country Rider from Fairfax, CA

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2007

Strengths:    I find it to be the best tasting drink on the market. I like the light not sweet citrus taste. It's also drinkable even warm in a waterbottle.

Weaknesses:    Tough to find. Some bike shops have it and I think it can be ordered online.

Bottom Line:
I think it's supposed to be a high-end recovery drink because it contains amino acids and I have noticed a difference after hard rides. I turned on some other people to it also in the past and everyone seems to like it.

Favorite Trail:   Tamarancho

Purchased At:   GNC

Similar Products Used:   Accelerade, Cytomax, Clif Shot.

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Heckler.