Accelerade Sports Drink Nutrition

3.48/5 (29 Reviews)

ACCELERADE is the most significant advance in sports drink research in 35 years. Developed by leading exercise physiologists, ACCELERADE is the first sports drink that provides rapid hydration plus the added benefits of all natural protein to re-energize muscles during exercise and help muscles recover faster after exercise. Only ACCELERADE contains the patented 4-1 ratio of carbohydrate to protein to speed the movement of carbohydrate energy into muscles. Studies at leading sports science labs show that protein-powdered ACCELERADE extends endurance up to 24% compared to a conventional sports drink and up to 57% compared to water. If you're serious about your exercise, advance to ACCELERADE.

price - size
$10.99 - 12 servings
$23.99 - 28 servings
$39.99 - 56 servings

Flavors: Blue Raspberry, Fruit Punch, Orange, Lemon Lime

Submitted by Louie Cardinale

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2013

Strengths:    A friend told me this stuff would help me with recovery and it does. No Cramps! The fruit punch flavor is ok and no stomach issues at all.

Weaknesses:    None yet but I hear the lemon lime is not the best tasting.

Bottom Line:
I was cramping on medium rides and I needed something for recovery as well. Accelerade helps with all the above and I have not had any of the stomach issues that others have talked about. The only reason I didn't give it 5 chili's is because the only other drink I had tried was gatorade.

Submitted by Ken

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2013

Strengths:    I have been coaching high school, age-group, and Masters Swimming for over 30 years. Including into our training program at every level has had incredible outcomes. First of all it simply alleviates cramping altogether, secondly it does provide for greater endurance (especially for my elite & muscular male and female athletes) lastly at the training level that my elite athletes endure it is almost impossible for them to get the amino acids, carbohydrates, and protein they need in order to perform at the highest level (without having a dietician on staff). For me, a successful Open Water competitor, it is the only supplement that I have ever used and the only supplement I would ever recommend to other swimmers. Plus the Orange tastes great, like an Orange Julius.

Weaknesses:    I get it, if the product doesn't work for you, then don't use it. But really, to recommend against others using it is ludicrous, there is no product that works with 100% of athletes. My recommendation is to try it, if it doesn't give the expected outcome then pass it on to someone else. 100% of the elite athletes that I have given the product to have had miraculous results.

Bottom Line:
Great product. Use it and you discover for yourself.

Submitted by Manny

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2012

Strengths:    I use to ride bikes competively and would always hit a wall after an hour or so....I had to push myself to finish...I heard about this product and I purchased it....Not only did I feel the difference immediately but, I was able to extend my the distance the day after.....I didn't want to believe this was the reason.....So, I stopped using it for awhile only to start having constant pain in my quads....Sometimes unbearable....So, I went back to ACCELERADE and I have seen the difference again....I will KEEP using it....

Weaknesses:    None...

Bottom Line:
I LOVE the product and will continue to use it....

Submitted by Fred

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2012

Strengths:    Recommended by my daughter, a former olympic XC skier, I have found this to be great for long distance (100-200 km) rides. No digestive problems. Find it can even help to bring me back if bonking or cramping on those rides.
Dissolves well if shaken with bottle half full

Weaknesses:    All sports drinks taste funny. This is the most tolerable I have found.

Submitted by Nathan

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2012

Strengths:    Recover is great. Have tons of energy throughtout the day

Bottom Line:
I cant understand these bad reviews this stuff gets. I am a extremely picky person when it comes to things like this (especially with the taste) but me and my wife both love this product. No stomach issues at all...love the taste (Orange). Definitely recommend this product

Submitted by joe a Racer from drogheda louth ireland

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2012

Strengths:    it might have some but i couldn,t use long enough to find any.

Weaknesses:    i couldnt use at all,,, like others said i got terrible cramps tried it on 4 different training session,,, same results stop running after 3;4 miles with sever cramps

Bottom Line:
dont use it... two many people getting similiar problem unless you have iron tummy

Favorite Trail:   half marathon

Purchased At:   amphian king

Bike Setup:   n]a

Submitted by The Trooper a Racer from Running Springs, CA

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2011

Weaknesses:    Consistently caused a terrible gut ache.

Bottom Line:
I tried this product a few times, but each use put my stomach in knots. I initially thought it could be an anomaly, but the results were always the same -- a terrible gut ache. I threw the rest in the trash.

Favorite Trail:   Rim Nordic

Similar Products Used:   Cytomax, Gu Electrolyte Brew

Submitted by athens_04 a Weekend Warrior from Norristown, PA 19403

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2010

Weaknesses:    Taste, Hard to digest, GI track issues

Bottom Line:
I tried these products do the promise of improved recovery, however just like the last guy I could not tolerate them. The smell and taste was really bad and they made me feel sick.

Try Formula X Sport, this product provides energy and high quality Isolate protein that is soluble and very light in taste. This product is a little expensive but no problems with GI track issues and the taste is very mild; like drinking flavored water.
www.extremesportsdrinks.com

Purchased At:   GNC

Similar Products Used:   Formula X Sport and Formula X Recovery sold through www.extremesportsdrinks.com

Submitted by Evan55 a Racer from VA

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2010

Strengths:    it didnt rob my house or kill me

Weaknesses:    everything

Bottom Line:
Complete junk. I bought these due to their marketing for an endurance race. My first mistake was not trying it out before the race.
This stuff gave me very bad gastrointestinal...distress all during the race. Not until I switched to gatorade did it stop.

My second mistake was not reading the ingredients before using it. After the gastrointestinal problems, I look at the label and the number 1 ingredient is....regular table sugar. Not dextrose, or maltodextrin, regular old sucrose.
The type of protein that is used in it (highly touted as a benefit) is the lowest grade of protein available (concentrate) which is probably what caused the gastrointestinal distress.

This in an expensive premium athletic supplement and there is no excuse for these pathetic ingredients. Dont buy this garbage.

Favorite Trail:   GW Forest

Similar Products Used:   gatorade

Submitted by carlostruco a Weekend Warrior from San Juan, Puerto Rico

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2009

Strengths:    4:1 Carb to Protein Ration

Weaknesses:    King of heavy for bottels and hard to clean. Taste is no that good either, but I can live with it.

Bottom Line:
Actually I switched from using this product while riding my bike to using it at the gym. I train at the gym 3 times a week, resting one or two day and then riding 2 straight days on weekends, and it has really helped me during heavy and intense training. I can push myself longer and harder at the gym and that has translated to faster and longer rides on my bike. On my bike I'm using now water and Accelerade Gels and this combination is doing wonders for me. Definitley a must if you have a routine like mine, since muscles get way too fatiged.

Favorite Trail:   Monagas

Purchased At:   GNC

Similar Products Used:   all of them

Bike Setup:   Epic Expert

Submitted by ZandersDaddy95 a Racer from Fort Collins, CO

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2009

Strengths:    Lives up to its promises. Provides endurance enhancement and rapid hydration.

Weaknesses:    On race day I cannot use its complimentary Accel Gel, not enough sodium and my legs feel like lead weights if I don't compliment it with Power Bar Gels,

Bottom Line:
Great product. However, it really is a pre-ride and during ride drink that needs to be paired with Endorox for recovery post ride. I am a big system guy and the Acell Gel's poor production quality (half my box was paste like in consistency) and lack of sodium has me thinking about going Power Bar products all the way. But to be honest, so far it has more than lived up to its claims and that is something.

As for taste, are you kidding me? Buy a Snickers bar and drink a coke. If it works, deal with it.

Favorite Trail:   Speak Easy in Winter Park

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Cytomax, Gatorade, Gatorade Endurance & water

Bike Setup:   Scalpel 4

Submitted by trumancapote a Downhiller from panorama, bc, canada

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2008

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    awful taste, you don't need it if you have any kind of stamina, as all mtbrs do, i cant see any results, made me vomit after a long ride

Bottom Line:
dont buy this! just eat high energy foods and hyddrate properly. take power gel if you need it cuz that acctually works!

Favorite Trail:   freight train