Yelo Velo Extra Dry Lube

While others use wax, this biodegradable corn-based alcohol carrier delivers a ceramic lubricant and then dries leaving a long-lasting high-tech lube with nothing to attract dirt.

Submitted by Lindsay a All Mountain Rider from Aptos, CA

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2012

Weaknesses:    The old bottles tend to leak if left on their sides at the bottom of your toolbox. But they have new bottles now, and I'm quite positive the problem has been eliminated.

Bottom Line:
Loved this lube for dry dry conditions like Moab and southern Utah. Keeps my chain quiet for a couple long rides without needing to reapply and stays pretty clean too. I LOVE that the carrier in this lube is completely biodegradable and all that is left on your chain is ceramics to keep you running smooth!

Submitted by bustamove a Cross Country Rider from NorCal

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2011

Strengths:    Non-petroleum based lube doesn't harm the environment. Dry formula does a good job of keeping the drivetrain quiet and attracting minimal dust and grime.

Weaknesses:    Hard to find. I would be using it today if it was readily available at my LBS.

Bottom Line:
This stuff works and the user can feel good about doing less harm to the environment. I had a persistent squeaky chainlink that would only be quiet for a short period after lubing with Rock 'n Roll Gold, but totally disappeared after an application of Yelo Velo's Extra Dry Lube.