Home | Reviews | Lube | ProLink

ProLink ProGold Luber Lube

4.4/5 (5 Reviews)

Prolink Progold is one ofThe most respected chain lubes around, it helps reduce friction and wear, allowing smoother operation of your chain and cables, and it will keep your chain and driveTrain area clean and seemingly drag free. Sheds debris and reduces build-up Wont attract grime

Submitted by fbastos a Racer from Birmingham, Al

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2009

Strengths:    Very easy to apply, does not overlubricate. Does not make an enourmous mess if ridden in dirty/ rainy conditions.

Bottom Line:
The product to use if you are serious about riding ( training or racing). Second to none. I won't ever go back to other lubricants.

Also try their bike cleaner - makes cleaning the frame and other parts a breeze.

Favorite Trail:   Double Oak Trail at Oak Mountain

Purchased At:   directly

Similar Products Used:   Tried other lubes, but noe are as good.

Bike Setup:   VeloVie Veloce 100 with Edge Composites 68's, Profile Design CX3 aerobars, Sram Red.

Submitted by Chris Wells a Weekend Warrior from Canberra Australia

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2007

Strengths:    Easy to put lube on without wasting it. Prolink itself is a great lube that cuts down wear and allows everything to stay pretty clean. I use it on my road and mountain bike and my kids bikes. I even use it on the electric hair clippers. My last road bike got 36,000km from its first cluster and chain using just Prolink - I have only ever got about 5,000km from a chain when using other brands of lube.

Bottom Line:
I have used Prolink for years on my Road bike and Mountain Bike. It is so much better than anything else I have tried however Rock and Roll would be my second choice. However something broke on the Moutain bike and the local bike shop said it was not replacable. Doing a Google search I found it at JensenUSA and decided to try buying from overseas rather than chucking an OK bike just for one part. Pity the local bike shops as I was so happy with JensenUSA I will probably use them more often.

While creating the order I did a bit of browsing and saw the luber and the large bottle (almost one litre) of lube so ordered both at the same time and I am really glad I did. Now with a lot of lube and the luber to use it without wasting any I hope to not run out for a very long time.

Favorite Trail:   Stromlo

Purchased At:   JensenUSA

Similar Products Used:   Lubes - White Lightening, Rock and Roll and Pedros Synlube. However I have never used something to apply the lube before and only used it straight from the bottle

Bike Setup:   2006 Giant Trance with 10,000km on the clock and 1992 Repco Elite RX100 roadbike with 60,000km on the clock (I really want a new road bike but with prolink it just won't wear out to allow me to justify one).

Submitted by LEON SELMAN a Weekend Warrior from STATEN ISLAND, NEW YORK

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2006

Strengths:    FAIRLY INEXPENSIVE
DOEN'T GUM UP. NOT WAXY THEREFORE LITTLE DIRT ADHERES TO CHAIN.
EASY TO APPLY.

Weaknesses:    HAVEN'T FOUND OUT IF THERE ARE ANY JUST YET. STILL TRYING.

Bottom Line:
THIS PRODUCT'S FEATURES APPEAR TO BE WHAT THE COMPANY HAS ADVERTISED.EASY TO APPLY, LONG LASTING, AND GREAT LUBRICATION. I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE THAT IS BETTER YET. COMPETITORS PRODUCTS AREN'T BAD EITHER, BUT THIS ONE I KNOW CAN DO THE JOB AS ADVERTISED AND IT COMES IN DIFFERENT SIZES FOR CONVENIENCE.

Favorite Trail:   GREAT KILLS ST. IS NY

Purchased At:   BENNETS BICYCLES STATEN IS.NY

Similar Products Used:   FINISH LINE

Bike Setup:   TREK CARBON W/ DURA ACE 7800

Submitted by Jack Bontorno a Racer from Georgetown,Ma. USA

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2005

Strengths:    Great for the cables,chain it has extended the life of our brake cables and keeps the chains free of dirt and grime.No product I used cleans and lubes as well.

Weaknesses:    If theres a weakness,I have'nt seen it.

Bottom Line:
This is a great product,Whether you downhill,freerider or BMX,This stuff works.Keeps your chains lubed and clean and makes the brakes pull smooth.What more do you need.

Purchased At:   prolink

Similar Products Used:   Padros,White lighting

Bike Setup:   Sinister DNA ,Goat,Staats 20" and 24"

Submitted by Tombo a Cross Country Rider from Atlanta

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2001

Strengths:    The luber is super. You can pinpoint the product anywhere with no overflow.

Weaknesses:    The lube itself worked fine until it got real humid and while it protected chain internals, the side plates rusted after a few days. Also, the luber is a bear to refill from the bottle. You generally end up spilling about 25%.

Bottom Line:
Product works great 10 out of 12 months in my climate. If it doesn't get too wet, it really keeps chain lubed AND clean. The luber is a brilliant idea.

Favorite Trail:   Any N. GA

Purchased At:   direct from mfr.