Home | Reviews | Lube | ProLink

ProLink Chain Lube Lube

4.72/5 (46 Reviews)

• Will not let dirt and grit stick to the chain
  • Reduces abrasion which means longer chain and sprocket life disperses water and will not wash off
  • Will not allow a dirty buildup in wet or dry conditions
  • Provides excellent corrosion protection
  • Will remove all other lubricants
  • Will last 2 to 3 times longer
  • Works well In all climates
  • Is environmentally friendly

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by David Blair

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2012

Strengths:    Bottom line, this product is outstanding! Outperforms all other products, hands down. Best value for a high quality solution to a challenging problem.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
    This product ROCKS! Buy it and watch your chain lube challenge vanish!

Submitted by DEADMAN biking a Racer from dexter

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2009

Strengths:    Makes my chain last longer which in turn makes the gears last longer. Amazing on cables!!

Weaknesses:    Can wash off easily in a down pour or if not conditioned with 3 aplications the first time or when putting on fresh.

Bottom Line:
    I shake the bottle first. I am lazy so I dump it on before I ride. It's a great lube for those who dont apply lube very often.

Favorite Trail:   Potowatomi

Purchased At:   Wheel in Motion Ann

Similar Products Used:   T-9

Bike Setup:   Kona exsplosif 2-9 Single Speed

Submitted by anne ledbetter a Racer from Smyrna

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2009

Strengths:    This product is there when I need it.The inner cap on the bottle has prevented lots of spills. It's works great on muddy and sandy soil.

Bottom Line:
    It's in My bike bag all the time. I'm not that dilegent about maintanance but this stuff I won't leave home with out.

Favorite Trail:   Bull Mt

Purchased At:   local shop

Similar Products Used:   lots of stuff

Bike Setup:   Specialize era

Submitted by frnchgrl26 a Cross Country Rider from marietta, ga

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2009

Strengths:    Love the nozzle, lasts forever, great price!

Bottom Line:
    LOVE this product! I first discovered it when I borrowed it from a friend before a sandy time trial. I was cooking around that course so nicely and my ride shifted so beautiful that I had to get a bottle for myself. Now it is a staple in our garage and our bike bags. I have a heavier mtn bike and used to suffer from a dirty chain quite often. But not in the past 2 years. I love the nozzle too, easy to put on. Thanks so much!

Favorite Trail:   sope creek

Purchased At:   Cannot remember

Bike Setup:   2002 Specialized Enduro

Submitted by kdlundgren a Racer from Big Bear Lake, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2008

Bottom Line:
    There is NO other lube to use for adventure racing. The best test for any lube is riding 5 days in the thickest mud, dirt, rivers, sand, gravel, you name it. Prolink keeps the chain moving and keeps the entire drive train clean. It also lubes every other moving part on your bike. We carry it with us on every mountain bike leg of every adventure race we do.

Favorite Trail:   Jordan's Trail

Submitted by Todd a Cross Country Rider from New Milford

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2008

Strengths:    The best lube that I can recommend. Gets into the links, Instantly quiets the chain. Apply and wait a few min to wipe off excess.

Weaknesses:    Does collect some grime but better than Tri-flow and God-sake better than white lighting/Cheese cake lube.

Bottom Line:
    Best stuff to date that I have used. Does wash off in rain but so will motor oil.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Purchased At:   Bike shop EE, Cheap

Similar Products Used:   Rock-N-Roll lube..

Bike Setup:   Two wheels, frame, bars and sometimes brakes

Submitted by brad a Racer from mesa

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2006

Strengths:    long lasting, no build up

Bottom Line:
    great for the dusty and dry southwest!!!!

Favorite Trail:   south mnt

Purchased At:   exhale bikes

Bike Setup:   spec enduro

Submitted by ElementRaceRider a Cross Country Rider from Venice, CA

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2005

Strengths:    Super slick chain lube, great shifting and very low wear. After 10 years of riding and 4 years of using this stuff I'll confirm that it substantially reduces drivetrain wear. The only wet lube that doesn't collect gobs of fine dirt. Low maintenance, actually lasts longer and works better after 2-3 applications on a dirty chain than it does on a freshy scrubbed one.

Weaknesses:    Your chain won't gunk up but the derailleur pulleys will. It's a very solvent lube that deposits what would usually cake on the chain onto the first sharp turn it sees. Easy to deal with though, you just gotta watch it and scrape it off before it gets riduculous. Fair to poor static corrosion resistance - it'll dry out in 6 months or less on an unridden bike.

Bottom Line:
    The positive reviews here go back for years, there's a reason for that. The "wipe chain, apply liberally, let dry overnight then wipe again" advice from 2002 still applies. Not the best lube for clean freaks who sterilize their drivetrains every othe ride, but for people who just wanna ride without worrying about their chain lube there's nothing better if you use it right and pay attention to caking on the pulleys. ProLink's claims aren't hype - in my experience, the stuff just works.

Purchased At:   hard to find

Similar Products Used:   Everything.

Bike Setup:   Cross country FS trailbike from the late 90's with many miles on it.

Submitted by Cory House a Racer from Tampa, FL

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2005

Strengths:    Keeps the chain lubricated for days. Repeals dirt rather then collects it. Keeps the chain spinning smoothly.

Weaknesses:    can't get it everywhere I need. The bike shops need to listen up....CARRY THIS PRODUCT NOW! I won't use anything else.

Bottom Line:
    I finished National #1 in 8 Novice in 2004 with Team Hurricane-Staats Racing and ProLink, a real winning combination. I used only ProLink the entire year and my drive train never let me down once. Need I say more? If you're using anything else, you're probably not winning.

Purchased At:   Numerous bike vendors

Similar Products Used:   there is nothing similar

Bike Setup:   Crupi Junior and Staats Cruzer

Submitted by Jason Bush a Racer from Torrington, CT USA

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2005

Strengths:    It helps to keep my chain in good shape

Bottom Line:
    I feel that it is a good product that I would buy again. It helps to keep my chain in good shape and helps to protect it from rain. That way I do not have to worry about rust. It also helps to make the chain move smoothly so that I move faster. I think that if you are a BMX racer you should buy it to help keep your chain in good shape

Favorite Trail:   Bershire

Similar Products Used:   cheaper chain lube

Submitted by Connor a Racer from Madbury, NH,USA

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2005

Strengths:    I race Bmx and have used this lube for 3 years. It keeps my chain in great shape and the bottles are easy to use.

Bottom Line:
    Use Prolink

Purchased At:   From Team

Bike Setup:   Staats Bmx Pro XL

Submitted by David Dockery a Weekend Warrior from Crestview,Florida, USA

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2005

Strengths:    Great in ALL weather conditions. ProLink performs in the rain or sandy conditions in Florida.

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
    This lube ROCKS. My chain and drivetrain cleaning now consist of a couple turns on the crank with a bottle of ProLink dripping on it and a very QUICK swipe with a rag, and I am clean and lubed and on my way. I have friends who ask how I keep my chain clean. I show them in 2 minutes.

Favorite Trail:   Comet

Purchased At:   Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   White Lightning, Pedros, Tri Flow and other assortments of the usual garb.

Bike Setup:   Trek 320

Submitted by Don C. a Cross Country Rider from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2005

Bottom Line:
    This lube works. Quiet, smooth shifting drivetrain... that's what I have. I would suggest it to anyone who carefully maintains their drivetrain. Don't squirt it on... apply it to each link and wipe off the eccess.

Favorite Trail:   Nobel Canyon