Home | Reviews | Lube | ProGold

ProGold ProLink Chain Lube

4.7/5 (199 Reviews)

Progold ProLink Chain Lube is a thin-bodied lubricant which utilizes metal friction reducer technology for smooth shifting and a quiet drive train. Does not build up or become tacky; sheds dirt, mud, and abrasives. Also repels moisture and prevents corros

Submitted by Edward Rosenberg a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2014

Strengths:    I love Pro Gold! Best lube ut there by far. I've tried lots of them and so far this one works best!

Bottom Line:
Go out and buy yourself some and see the difference!

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Submitted by Craig Tinsley... Art of Stone a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2014

Strengths:    This lube is thin but gives a super quiet chain slide like a thicker wet lube without all the build up. I also used it on a restoration of a 1940's Singer sewing machine as a cleaner/lube.

Weaknesses:    The print on the lable came off onto my riding glove.

Bottom Line:
Me and my fellow bike junkies put a bottle of this lube to the test on a 4 day epic mtb stage race. Results were pleasing at the end with all of us having clean, quiet drivetrains. This lube simply works, it's easy to wash off with degreaser and can be used on many other projects or toys.

Favorite Trail:   Bartrum

Duration Product Used:   jan 1 2014

Purchased At:   bike shop

Bike Setup:   TCR SL Giant road bike, 29er Giant 4in FS mtn bike

Submitted by madison mcdaniel

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2014

Strengths:    Long lasting and smooth shifting in a variety of conditions.

Bottom Line:
Works well in all conditions and it lasts a long time a bottle goes a long way.

Submitted by Silas

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2014

Strengths:    Doesn't attract dirt as easily as some other lubes, easy to remove/clean, excellent bottle dispenser, and honest, personal costumer service.

Bottom Line:
I haven't bought another lube since I started using ProGold 3 years ago. This stuff just works! I also highly recommend the ProGold bike wash and chain cleaner.

Submitted by Jess N

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Works greats, cleans up easily off my hands

Weaknesses:    Nothing that I feel is a weaness

Bottom Line:
I love this stuff. I have been using it for years and have never been disappointed by it. I've lived in many different places- hot and humid sandy locations, cold and wet places, dry and hot climates- the ProLink Lube has performed well in all those locations.

Submitted by seamus

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    cleans lubes and protects all in one. Don't be shy putting it on and wipe off excess. Works well in wet and dry which makes it simple to just have one lube in the tool box while on the road.

Weaknesses:    none so far. does its job

Bottom Line:
some of the better lube I've used. highly recommended

Submitted by April a Racer

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Not gunky!

Weaknesses:    Hmm.... Are there any?

Bottom Line:
What can I say? It's the only lube on the property. It's fairly light, which I really like. I use it on all my bikes in all conditions year-round whether riding CX, MTB, or road , whether in mud, sand, dirt, rain, or snow. It doesn't get gunky, which makes my life a lot easier when I'm cleaning my bike. I haven't tried the other products yet, but the Bike Shine is really calling my name...

Submitted by Scott Thomas

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2014

Strengths:    Cleaning and lube

Bottom Line:
I first got ProGold lube as a sample when racing 24 HOP. I tried it and was still a little on the fence. Then I had a race in some nasty muddy conditions in northern AZ. I used it on my chain before and once during the race and no issues at all. The true test came after that race when I sprayed my chain off and then used a little bit of the lube to clean the chain. Wow. It couldn't have been any easier.

Scott
K-Blue Racing

Submitted by Florian a Racer

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2014

Strengths:    Last long under the worst conditions. Easy to apply.

Bottom Line:
Used ProGold at the 2014 Hilly Billy Roubaix. 75 miles of mud, gravel, and potholes. Shifters barely moved, brakes barely worked, covered in mud, mid race downpour, but never got any chain suck. If any chain lube can handle that and still work under those conditions, it's awesome stuff!

Submitted by Jordan Kahlenberg a Racer

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2014

Strengths:    Ability to penetrate and keep chain lubed in most conditions. Chain is easy to clean after rides, and chain-life is extended.

Weaknesses:    No real weaknesses found as of yet!

Bottom Line:
I have used ProGold lubes and cleaners on and off for years, but this year I started using them exclusively and have noticed a BIG difference in their performance over time. The lube penetrates better than other lubes and extends the life of the chain and drivetrain. It also works in almost any condition, which most lubes cannot claim. It is also great for other applications such as cables and squeaky derailleur pulleys. Needless to say, I have found my lube for life!

Favorite Trail:   Frederick Watershed

Duration Product Used:   12mo+

Similar Products Used:   Muc-Off, Finish Line, Pedros, none work as well as ProGold though.

Bike Setup:   Multiple: Giant XTC Adv/Anthem Adv/Trance Adv 27.5 w/ SRAM XX1.

Submitted by Mike Romanowski

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2014

Strengths:    Long lasting, doesn't gum up in your derailleur pulleys when regularly used like some other products and works great for more than just your chain.

Weaknesses:    None that I've found yet.

Bottom Line:
While other chain lubes barely last a single ride I can count on ProGold to continue to lube and protect my drivetrain even if I forget to lube the chain every once in a while. I've also found great uses for ProLink on shift cables and it has actually cured a BB noise on my road bike! By far this is your best bang for your buck!

Submitted by Omar Lozano a Racer

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2014

Strengths:    Last a long time, Drivetrain always clean,Gives you Smooth Shifting

Weaknesses:    No weakness found!

Bottom Line:
ProGold is my Favorite go to product for any occasion. High Quality Products, check out their full line. It's a must have for every competitive cyclist!

Submitted by Billy from Ohio

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2014

Strengths:    Not just the lube, but the entire ProGold product line is simply the best product available for cleaning your bike. This past weekend I finished a very muddy 6hrs of Brady's Run that left my rig caked with mud and not shifting. I couldh ave waited for over an hour in line for a hose that only trickled water, but instead I put ProGold foam, degreaser, and extreme lube to the test. I was not disappointed. I am now sold. If you haven't tried this product line you are mmissing out.

Weaknesses:    None. Go buy some and see for yourself.

Bottom Line:
Best product line available for cleaning and lubing bikes.

Submitted by Grant an Racer a Racer

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2014

Strengths:    Easy to apply, no mess, protected my chain thoroughly, very smooth ride.

Weaknesses:    thinner than most

Bottom Line:
Had this on for a long endurance ride through the mud and snow with no fuss. Shifting was smooth all day long and the lube protected my chain very well. Very light application no need to overdue. Great lube!