Home | Reviews | Lube | ProGold

ProGold ProLink Chain Lube

4.69/5 (196 Reviews)

Progold ProLink Chain Lube is a thin-bodied lubricant which utilizes metal friction reducer technology for smooth shifting and a quiet drive train. Does not build up or become tacky; sheds dirt, mud, and abrasives. Also repels moisture and prevents corros

Submitted by madison mcdaniel

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2014

Strengths:    Long lasting and smooth shifting in a variety of conditions.

Bottom Line:
Works well in all conditions and it lasts a long time a bottle goes a long way.

Submitted by Silas

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2014

Strengths:    Doesn't attract dirt as easily as some other lubes, easy to remove/clean, excellent bottle dispenser, and honest, personal costumer service.

Bottom Line:
I haven't bought another lube since I started using ProGold 3 years ago. This stuff just works! I also highly recommend the ProGold bike wash and chain cleaner.

Submitted by Jess N

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Works greats, cleans up easily off my hands

Weaknesses:    Nothing that I feel is a weaness

Bottom Line:
I love this stuff. I have been using it for years and have never been disappointed by it. I've lived in many different places- hot and humid sandy locations, cold and wet places, dry and hot climates- the ProLink Lube has performed well in all those locations.

Submitted by seamus

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    cleans lubes and protects all in one. Don't be shy putting it on and wipe off excess. Works well in wet and dry which makes it simple to just have one lube in the tool box while on the road.

Weaknesses:    none so far. does its job

Bottom Line:
some of the better lube I've used. highly recommended

Submitted by April a Racer

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Not gunky!

Weaknesses:    Hmm.... Are there any?

Bottom Line:
What can I say? It's the only lube on the property. It's fairly light, which I really like. I use it on all my bikes in all conditions year-round whether riding CX, MTB, or road , whether in mud, sand, dirt, rain, or snow. It doesn't get gunky, which makes my life a lot easier when I'm cleaning my bike. I haven't tried the other products yet, but the Bike Shine is really calling my name...

Submitted by Scott Thomas

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2014

Strengths:    Cleaning and lube

Bottom Line:
I first got ProGold lube as a sample when racing 24 HOP. I tried it and was still a little on the fence. Then I had a race in some nasty muddy conditions in northern AZ. I used it on my chain before and once during the race and no issues at all. The true test came after that race when I sprayed my chain off and then used a little bit of the lube to clean the chain. Wow. It couldn't have been any easier.

Scott
K-Blue Racing

Submitted by Florian a Racer

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2014

Strengths:    Last long under the worst conditions. Easy to apply.

Bottom Line:
Used ProGold at the 2014 Hilly Billy Roubaix. 75 miles of mud, gravel, and potholes. Shifters barely moved, brakes barely worked, covered in mud, mid race downpour, but never got any chain suck. If any chain lube can handle that and still work under those conditions, it's awesome stuff!

Submitted by Jordan Kahlenberg a Racer

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2014

Strengths:    Ability to penetrate and keep chain lubed in most conditions. Chain is easy to clean after rides, and chain-life is extended.

Weaknesses:    No real weaknesses found as of yet!

Bottom Line:
I have used ProGold lubes and cleaners on and off for years, but this year I started using them exclusively and have noticed a BIG difference in their performance over time. The lube penetrates better than other lubes and extends the life of the chain and drivetrain. It also works in almost any condition, which most lubes cannot claim. It is also great for other applications such as cables and squeaky derailleur pulleys. Needless to say, I have found my lube for life!

Favorite Trail:   Frederick Watershed

Duration Product Used:   12mo+

Similar Products Used:   Muc-Off, Finish Line, Pedros, none work as well as ProGold though.

Bike Setup:   Multiple: Giant XTC Adv/Anthem Adv/Trance Adv 27.5 w/ SRAM XX1.

Submitted by Mike Romanowski

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2014

Strengths:    Long lasting, doesn't gum up in your derailleur pulleys when regularly used like some other products and works great for more than just your chain.

Weaknesses:    None that I've found yet.

Bottom Line:
While other chain lubes barely last a single ride I can count on ProGold to continue to lube and protect my drivetrain even if I forget to lube the chain every once in a while. I've also found great uses for ProLink on shift cables and it has actually cured a BB noise on my road bike! By far this is your best bang for your buck!

Submitted by Omar Lozano a Racer

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2014

Strengths:    Last a long time, Drivetrain always clean,Gives you Smooth Shifting

Weaknesses:    No weakness found!

Bottom Line:
ProGold is my Favorite go to product for any occasion. High Quality Products, check out their full line. It's a must have for every competitive cyclist!

Submitted by Billy from Ohio

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2014

Strengths:    Not just the lube, but the entire ProGold product line is simply the best product available for cleaning your bike. This past weekend I finished a very muddy 6hrs of Brady's Run that left my rig caked with mud and not shifting. I couldh ave waited for over an hour in line for a hose that only trickled water, but instead I put ProGold foam, degreaser, and extreme lube to the test. I was not disappointed. I am now sold. If you haven't tried this product line you are mmissing out.

Weaknesses:    None. Go buy some and see for yourself.

Bottom Line:
Best product line available for cleaning and lubing bikes.

Submitted by Grant an Racer a Racer

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2014

Strengths:    Easy to apply, no mess, protected my chain thoroughly, very smooth ride.

Weaknesses:    thinner than most

Bottom Line:
Had this on for a long endurance ride through the mud and snow with no fuss. Shifting was smooth all day long and the lube protected my chain very well. Very light application no need to overdue. Great lube!

Similar Products Used:   White lightning clean ride, Gnar lube, squirt lube

Submitted by Matt Morrison a Racer

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2014

Strengths:    Light lube, good cleaning agents, doesn't pick up grime.

Bottom Line:
I was surprised when applying the lube how clean the chain became, and quiet. This is definitely one of the best chain lubes I've used in the past 15 years of riding. It's lighter than most I've used, and didn't pick up extra road grime.

Similar Products Used:   Dumonde Tech, White lightning, pedros

Submitted by dludwick a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2013

Strengths:    Super cleaner, penetrates deep (that's what she said), and it just does what I would expect any lube/cleaner to do.

Weaknesses:    Well the bottle has a dependable problem leaking in my toolbox. As of November 2013. I've literally cleaned/lubed all the tools in my tool box on several occasions. Be sure to store the bottle in an upright position.

Bottom Line:
In the shop and at home I use ProGold as both a general lube, cleaner, party favor, marinade, and sports drink mix. Other products that I've used in the past have had their qualities as well as their weaknesses, but ProGold really just does a great job doing it all. The lube is fantastic and there's a slew of other ProGold products that really stand out among the rest. In a market of so many options I think it's difficult to find a product that's stands out above the rest (Fox) instead of providing a mediocre result. ProGold stands out and stands out strong.
An example being a stubborn shift issue on an XT drivetrain. I couldn't get the damn bike to shift smoothly. Then I figured why not try cleaning the chain? Then BAM! Magical perfect shifting. So technically it could be called a maintenance tool also.

Favorite Trail:   White Ranch

Duration Product Used:   Eternity

Purchased At:   Pedal Pushers Cycler

Similar Products Used:   White Lighting, Finish Line Dry, Finish Line Wet, WD-40, etc...

Bike Setup:   2013 Intense Carbine 275

Submitted by Sue George

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2013

Strengths:    Works well
Easy to apply, especially with the small bottle, which can be refilled and is very portable

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
This has been my favorite lube for years and continues in the #1 spot. It's easy to apply and works great on both my road bikes and mountain bikes. Thank goodness for this lube during what turned out to be a relatively rainy 2013 spring/summer riding season.

Progold Prolink Chain Lube -- Bottle is open & some other **** -- Online shop ripoff?

I got a Progold Prolink chain lube from an online shop. The bottle is open [should it be sealed?]. Also there was some of what's in it at the outside of the bottle; smells like naphthalene. I wonder if they got the lube and put in some other ****? [You may think I'm too suspicious, but if you che ... Read More »

Pakr CC-03 chain wear tester V's Prolink Chain tester

Hi, I used to wait until things skipped and then replaced chain, cluster and chain rings however then I bought a Prolink chain tester and decided to change the chain when it says 100% worn. So far this year I have gone though 6 chains as the tester says they are worn. I just tried my tester o ... Read More »