Home | Reviews | Lube | ProGold

ProGold Helmet Cleaner And Deodorizer Lube

Foaming action safely removes the root cause of foul odors within helmet liner and padding. The foaming action also safely and easily loosens and removes dirt, grime, and bugs from helmet exterior.

Submitted by bikeit91

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2013

Strengths:    It cleans, shines, and protects your equipment, plus it smells good to boot. Gets rid of the nasty, and we all need that.

Weaknesses:    Small can. But then again, it doesn't take much.

Bottom Line:
I use the helmet cleaner on helmets, shoes, and occasionally my gloves too. It's handy for all of my riding gear that I don't regularly throw in the washer. It's wet where I ride most of the year, making it hard to keep our riding shoes tolerable to put in confined spaces. I little spraying and a wipe off sets it all straight. Great looking, clean smelling shoes and helmets are just a little extra pleasure while getting my rides in.

Submitted by Gunchie a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2013

Strengths:    Love this product! I used it to clean the helmet I've been using all year. The helmet looked shiny and new afterwards. The scent with refreshing and clean, but not overwhelming. It comes out in a foam and dissolves dirt very well. There was no greasy residue left behind either. After it cleaned my helmet so well, I thought about other things it may be effective on. I have white grips on my CX bike and mountain bike so I used it them as well. Worked great! I then used it to freshen up my saddles, and shoes. This stuff works great on anything that could use some freshening up!

Weaknesses:    Makes you want to addictively clean smelly bike apparel/parts.

Bottom Line:
Great cleaner for anything that could use some freshening up!

Submitted by Monster McConnell

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2013

Strengths:    The ProGold Helmet Cleaner and Deodorizer works great. I commute and ride in all weather and thus, my helmet gets nasty! It used to stink and I would periodically get new pads for my helmet because it got so bad. I did the Tour Divide this summer and learned of this product when I got back. I tried it out a my helmet was nasty again after 2,800 miles of heat, sweat, dust, mud, dirt ... and it worked awesome. My helmet feels fresh again.

Weaknesses:    Did not find this product earlier

Bottom Line:
The ProGold Helmet Cleaner and Deodorizer works awesome and is now part of my stable of bike gear cleaning products.

Submitted by Scott Thigpen a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2013

Strengths:    It really does get ride of the funk in your helmet but it also does a fantastic job and cleaning the grime off your hands as well.

Weaknesses:    It's a spray can and leaving it in your car on a hot day is not smart. Trust me.

Bottom Line:
I sweat profusely when I ride and one day when I went into the bike shop, the salesperson remarked on just how bad my helmet wreaked. It did, I was embarrassed and even with my bike cap that I wear with it, it seems that the sweat just makes quick work of any hopes for a no-funk smell... especially when I leave my helmet in my car to sit and bake in the heat.

Fortunately ProGold's Helmet Cleaner and Deodorizer works very well ridding it of that terrible smell. My favorite thing though is that it also works on your hands for getting grime off of them and I also spray it in my racing shoes too.

Favorite Trail:   Gold Dust, Breckenridge Colorado