Home | Reviews | Lube | ProGold

ProGold Helmet Cleaner And Deodorizer Lube

Foaming action safely removes the root cause of foul odors within helmet liner and padding. The foaming action also safely and easily loosens and removes dirt, grime, and bugs from helmet exterior.

Submitted by Armand

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2014

Strengths:    Easy to use..spray on let dry. Lasts a long time.

Weaknesses:    None found

Bottom Line:
ProGold Helmet Cleaner and Deodorizer is one of the best products that I have used. It's as easy to use as spray it on and let is dry. The foaming action works! I use it on my helmet pads and my shoes. No more stinky helmet and no my stick feet shoes.

Submitted by Jordan Kahlenberg

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    strong and long-lasting.

Weaknesses:    None found

Bottom Line:
ProGold's Helmet Cleaner & Deodorizer works to keep my helmets & shoes smelling fresh and clean, even during the hot & humid dog days of summer. Taking my pads out to wash in the machine is a pain, and using this product saves me time and trouble from getting the pads placed back JUST right so the helmet feels comfy. Also, machine washing can damage the pads and break them down if you forget to set the machine properly. PG's cleaner keeps the pads in great shape and comfortable. A very smart product and worth every penny!

Submitted by Anthony Hergert a Racer

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2014

Strengths:    Great product, foams fast, smells clean but not perfumed, versatile

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
Helmets tend to look great and smell bad, especially MTB helmets. You sweat a lot and the speed is slower so the sweat really stays around. I used to throw my helmets in the dishwasher but the padding would get wrecked after a few washes. So, I discovered the ProGold spray deodorizer and have found it works great. You need to spray it on and work it into the pads and strap then lightly rinse out and let dry. Doesn't just mask the odor but really eliminates it. I don't ride with a hydration pack too much but, when I do, it's usually those epic, hot, long summer rides that leave the hydration pack pretty nasty. The PG helmet deodorizer cleaned the padding right up. Great product...gonna try on my gloves next. Excellent idea!

Favorite Trail:   Pinhoti Trail, especially Snake Creek Gap

Purchased At:   Reality Bikes

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   Yeti ARC-C, SRAM 1x11, Fox fork, Thomson cockpit, Built to Last wheels featuring Industry 9 hubs and Enve M50's.

Submitted by Ben C.

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2014

Strengths:    Easy to use, removes odor from soft items (pads, insoles, etc)

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
To be honest, I use this to do-odorize my shoes more than anything else. Since they don't have the best ventilation properties I spray the inside of each shoe after every ride, and this product has kept them entirely odor free. The foaming action makes quick work of removing caked-on mud, although it did make me weary of spraying it inside shoes at first. This turned out to be a non-issue since the cleaner evaporates when given enough time. Using this cleaner has also kept my helmet straps from getting stiff from the repeated cycle of being soaked in sweat and drying, and keeps the helmet looking shiny.

Submitted by bikeit91

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2013

Strengths:    It cleans, shines, and protects your equipment, plus it smells good to boot. Gets rid of the nasty, and we all need that.

Weaknesses:    Small can. But then again, it doesn't take much.

Bottom Line:
I use the helmet cleaner on helmets, shoes, and occasionally my gloves too. It's handy for all of my riding gear that I don't regularly throw in the washer. It's wet where I ride most of the year, making it hard to keep our riding shoes tolerable to put in confined spaces. I little spraying and a wipe off sets it all straight. Great looking, clean smelling shoes and helmets are just a little extra pleasure while getting my rides in.

Submitted by Gunchie a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2013

Strengths:    Love this product! I used it to clean the helmet I've been using all year. The helmet looked shiny and new afterwards. The scent with refreshing and clean, but not overwhelming. It comes out in a foam and dissolves dirt very well. There was no greasy residue left behind either. After it cleaned my helmet so well, I thought about other things it may be effective on. I have white grips on my CX bike and mountain bike so I used it them as well. Worked great! I then used it to freshen up my saddles, and shoes. This stuff works great on anything that could use some freshening up!

Weaknesses:    Makes you want to addictively clean smelly bike apparel/parts.

Bottom Line:
Great cleaner for anything that could use some freshening up!

Submitted by Monster McConnell

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2013

Strengths:    The ProGold Helmet Cleaner and Deodorizer works great. I commute and ride in all weather and thus, my helmet gets nasty! It used to stink and I would periodically get new pads for my helmet because it got so bad. I did the Tour Divide this summer and learned of this product when I got back. I tried it out a my helmet was nasty again after 2,800 miles of heat, sweat, dust, mud, dirt ... and it worked awesome. My helmet feels fresh again.

Weaknesses:    Did not find this product earlier

Bottom Line:
The ProGold Helmet Cleaner and Deodorizer works awesome and is now part of my stable of bike gear cleaning products.

Submitted by Scott Thigpen a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2013

Strengths:    It really does get ride of the funk in your helmet but it also does a fantastic job and cleaning the grime off your hands as well.

Weaknesses:    It's a spray can and leaving it in your car on a hot day is not smart. Trust me.

Bottom Line:
I sweat profusely when I ride and one day when I went into the bike shop, the salesperson remarked on just how bad my helmet wreaked. It did, I was embarrassed and even with my bike cap that I wear with it, it seems that the sweat just makes quick work of any hopes for a no-funk smell... especially when I leave my helmet in my car to sit and bake in the heat.

Fortunately ProGold's Helmet Cleaner and Deodorizer works very well ridding it of that terrible smell. My favorite thing though is that it also works on your hands for getting grime off of them and I also spray it in my racing shoes too.

Favorite Trail:   Gold Dust, Breckenridge Colorado