Home | Reviews | Lube | ProGold

ProGold Bike Shine Lube

4.94/5 (18 Reviews)

ProGold Bike Shine restores your bicycle to that like-new shine. Bike Shine also protects against the sun's rays that can dull and fade your bike frame over time. Safe for all surfaces on your bicycle. Bike Shine also leaves a residual coating that aids i

Submitted by Joël a Racer

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Nice size and shape bottle, great working trigger dispencer, stays on longer than similar products, no weird smell.

Weaknesses:    I'm cheap so price is always a weakness, price is on par with similar products though.

Bottom Line:
This is my personal favorite product in the ProGold lineup. In my opinion it works better than similar products that I have used because: it stays on longer, does not have a weird smell to it (safe for basement use), you need less of it to get the bike shiny, and the trigger dispenser is more comfortable and easier to use than others. I would say this is a great product for anyone that wants to keep their bike looking mint. Also if you want to keep your local bike shop mechanic(s) happy keep your bike good looking with ProGold Bike Shine.

Similar Products Used:   Pedro's Bike Lust, Finish Line Showroom Polish, Muc-Off Silicon Shine, WD-40 Bike Frame Protector.

Bike Setup:   Giant Anthem Advanced 27.5

Submitted by Jon Lombardo

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Ability to make anything look nice

Bottom Line:
With Mtn bikes getting muddy all the time, your constantly scribing them and cleaning them. This stuff is a savior! Just a light misting of bike shine and my Giant Anthem looks like new again. Another bonus is if you spray it on a little heavy on the underside of your down tube it'll lessen the chance of mud sticking. Awesome product that I always have at the ready.

Submitted by Michael Romanowski

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Surper easy to use and the results are amazing. Just spray on a towel and wipe down the frame! It doesn't get any easier.

Weaknesses:    Zero

Bottom Line:
This is bottom line an amazing product that is worth every penny if not more. It will make your bike look as if you just bought it! Once your bike is clean just spray this on a rag and wipe down the frame. The shine it leaves is amazing! Plus it helps keep the dirt off between washing it, just in case you get a bit lazy with upkeep.

Submitted by Jordan Kahlenberg

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Even shine, keeps bike cleaner in-between washes

Weaknesses:    None found

Bottom Line:
ProGold's bike shine is legit! I love it when riders constantly ask me at races, "Hey, is that a brand new bike?!", and it's thanks to ProGold Bike Shine! Using this stuff after a wash leaves the bike looking like it's going to the showroom floor at Interbike, and it's formula keeps the bike cleaner in-between washes so you have less work to do when you get around to cleaning it.

Submitted by Daryll McKenzie

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2014

Strengths:    Makes your used carbon bike look like it's new!

Bottom Line:
This stuff is a great deal because not only does it work, but it takes such a small amount to do the job one bottle will last a long time.

Submitted by Scott Thomas

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2014

Strengths:    Appearance and protection

Bottom Line:
So in the past 1-2 years I have become the anal rider that when I'm finished with a daily ride the first thing that happens is my bike gets cleaned when I get home. I made the mistake years ago when I had a white bike and I didn't care for it and the mud and dirt ended up staining the paint. With the Bike Shine I clean my bike with water, dry it off, throw it up on the bike stand and spray the Bike Shine on a rag and wipe it down. I see that it makes a huge difference on both looks and a little extra protection layer on the bike.

The down side to this product is that my local LBS doesn't carry it, so I have to order it on-line. I highly recommend this product if you are a clean freak about your bikes.

Scott
K-Blue Racing

Submitted by William Lamb

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2014

Strengths:    Its an awesome product that actually does everything it claims to do!!!

Weaknesses:    None,

Bottom Line:
I've been using ProGold products for a couple years and I can honestly say they are worth every penny you pay for them. I use the cleaning products to detail my vehicles and they work better than any car care products I've found. The bike wash gets tar and bugs off your vehicles effortlessly. They make cleaning a bike up a simple and enjoyable task. I recommend these products to anyone to has a bike or a car. After every 24 hour race my bike usually looks worse than I feel, with ProGold it recovers much quicker than me:)

Submitted by Mark a Racer

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2014

Strengths:    Making a bike look shiny and new

Bottom Line:
This product rocks! We always keep some in the garage for shining up the bikes after cleaning. Also if we are trying to sell a bike, it makes them look fantastic!

Submitted by SketchyD a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2014

Strengths:    Does exactly as advertised, doesn't take much product to be effective so it lasts a long time, makes old and dirty bikes "starting grid clean."

Bottom Line:
This product, in my opinion, is best for taking a clean product and "making it shine." I work in the industry as a sometimes-demo coordinator, and we use this product on our demo fleet and you'd swear they're brand new just finish alone. Highly recommended as a a Final detailing product. So great for shops or mechanics to use last before turning the bike over to the rider, customer or showroom.

Submitted by Scott Sampson

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2014

Strengths:    This stuff goes on easy and has little or nothing of residue...a lite buff helps.

Weaknesses:    none for me.

Bottom Line:
The BikeShine is a super product for the prerace detail and just allaround shine for any bike. It leaves no residue and works on all bike parts including the tires....pretty cool!

Submitted by Alberto

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2013

Strengths:    Keeps my bike looking like it just came off the showroom floor two years later.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I've tried all types of cleaners and this is by far the best.

Submitted by Michael O

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2013

Strengths:    Definitely made the bike shine.

Weaknesses:    Too little, it ran out too fast

Bottom Line:
This product is superb. I have tried endless cleaners on my bike and only this one got the black stains off the white parts of my bike. However, I found that my demand was a bit larger than the container it came in.... I ran out in a matter of days

Submitted by Bobby B a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2013

Strengths:    Your bike looks pro...what else could you ask for? Lots of times degreasers and/or soap leaves a visible residue on Carbon Frames. This is an easy to use and and legit frame polish that makes your bike look sharp. I use before I drive to a race to minimize bugs sticking to my rooftop mounted race steed. Also good for sticky CX days. I spray pretty much everything but grips and rims.

Weaknesses:    When you don't use it, you wish you had.

Bottom Line:
At all levels, bikes should be cleaned after ridden. This could be for performance, self gratification, or to properly represent your sponsors. Nothing works better than a clean bike and nothing looks more Pro than a shiny one. This product is part of my every day routine. It also works great on helmets, shoes, and no kidding, our team car!

Bike Setup:   FELT FC, AR1, DAC TT

Submitted by Ray Lamb

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2013

Strengths:    Nothing does a better job

Weaknesses:    Some stores need to get with the program and carry these products in stock

Bottom Line:
ProGold cleaning products are second to none. I used the degreaser and wash on not only my bicycle rental fleet but my automobiles as well. It's awesome, I simply wet the bikes, then spray them with PROGOLD degreaser and wash.. Wait 5 minutes and rinse! After I dry them I relive the chains and shine them with ProGold bike shine and they look like new, it's simple and it works!!!

Submitted by Monster McConnell a Racer

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2013

Strengths:    I am a person who prefers spending more time riding my bike than cleaning it. That is why I really like the ProGold bike shine product as it works fast and thoroughly cuts through dirt and grime. It gives the bike that new look shine that it deserves. Great value and price.

Weaknesses:    None found yet

Bottom Line:
After a successful run on the Tour Divide this summer, I treated my bike to a thorough washing and tried out the ProGold bike was suite. My bike was a mess with dirt and mud from all across the continental divide. To be honest, ProGold cleaning products exceeded my expectations. I was expecting this process to take a day, but turns out that they cleaned up my bike fast and I was off and riding again in no time with a clean bike. Thanks ProGold!!

Need advice Geoman's Magic Shine or Bike Ray II

Need an economical light for helmet mount and these two are at the top of the list. MS has a good battery with 1 year warranty but only 90 day warranty on the light itself, BR 1 year all parts. Which one would you get and why?Read More »

I applied car tire shine to my bike tires after cleaning

Ok so my bike got dirty after cleaning it I had some ArmorAll Extreme Tire shine and said why not. The Tires are Bontrager Hank's completely slick 26x2.2 great for street road use very grippy sides and nice hard center basically zero rolling resistance. Not sure if this is bad or if its not sugg ... Read More »