Home | Reviews | Lube | ProGold

ProGold Bike Shine Lube

4.88/5 (8 Reviews)

ProGold Bike Shine restores your bicycle to that like-new shine. Bike Shine also protects against the sun's rays that can dull and fade your bike frame over time. Safe for all surfaces on your bicycle. Bike Shine also leaves a residual coating that aids i

Submitted by Alberto

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2013

Strengths:    Keeps my bike looking like it just came off the showroom floor two years later.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I've tried all types of cleaners and this is by far the best.

Submitted by Michael O

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2013

Strengths:    Definitely made the bike shine.

Weaknesses:    Too little, it ran out too fast

Bottom Line:
This product is superb. I have tried endless cleaners on my bike and only this one got the black stains off the white parts of my bike. However, I found that my demand was a bit larger than the container it came in.... I ran out in a matter of days

Submitted by Bobby B a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2013

Strengths:    Your bike looks pro...what else could you ask for? Lots of times degreasers and/or soap leaves a visible residue on Carbon Frames. This is an easy to use and and legit frame polish that makes your bike look sharp. I use before I drive to a race to minimize bugs sticking to my rooftop mounted race steed. Also good for sticky CX days. I spray pretty much everything but grips and rims.

Weaknesses:    When you don't use it, you wish you had.

Bottom Line:
At all levels, bikes should be cleaned after ridden. This could be for performance, self gratification, or to properly represent your sponsors. Nothing works better than a clean bike and nothing looks more Pro than a shiny one. This product is part of my every day routine. It also works great on helmets, shoes, and no kidding, our team car!

Bike Setup:   FELT FC, AR1, DAC TT

Submitted by Ray Lamb

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2013

Strengths:    Nothing does a better job

Weaknesses:    Some stores need to get with the program and carry these products in stock

Bottom Line:
ProGold cleaning products are second to none. I used the degreaser and wash on not only my bicycle rental fleet but my automobiles as well. It's awesome, I simply wet the bikes, then spray them with PROGOLD degreaser and wash.. Wait 5 minutes and rinse! After I dry them I relive the chains and shine them with ProGold bike shine and they look like new, it's simple and it works!!!

Submitted by Monster McConnell a Racer

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2013

Strengths:    I am a person who prefers spending more time riding my bike than cleaning it. That is why I really like the ProGold bike shine product as it works fast and thoroughly cuts through dirt and grime. It gives the bike that new look shine that it deserves. Great value and price.

Weaknesses:    None found yet

Bottom Line:
After a successful run on the Tour Divide this summer, I treated my bike to a thorough washing and tried out the ProGold bike was suite. My bike was a mess with dirt and mud from all across the continental divide. To be honest, ProGold cleaning products exceeded my expectations. I was expecting this process to take a day, but turns out that they cleaned up my bike fast and I was off and riding again in no time with a clean bike. Thanks ProGold!!

Submitted by BikeRacer1981 a Racer

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2013

Strengths:    Great product, doesn't streak, easy to apply, leaves bike looking great.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found any yet, except that it may not be available at your local shop unless you specifically ask for it.

Bottom Line:
Pro Gold Bike Shine is great for making sure your steed is nice and shiny when you roll up to the line. It doesn't leave streaks like similar sprays I've used, which is great because I somewhat expected streaking based on what I'd experienced with other products. I'd highly recommend Pro Gold Bike Shine if you can get your hands on it, but you may need to ask your shop to order it if you can't find it.

Similar Products Used:   Simple Green, Purple Power (I think that's the name)

Submitted by t-jib

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2013

Strengths:    effective, leaves bike looking good

Weaknesses:    price

Bottom Line:
This bike wash is effective. I have used it for a cx season and it works well and leaves the frame adn parts looking good. Although it is more expensive per oz than some stuff you can find at the hardware store you do not have to be concerned about how it will effect the finish of your frame or components (I have had simple green leave streaks on an anodized frame)

I usually spray off all the mud as best as I can. maybe use a degreaser if required. apply the bike shine per instructions, rinse and dry.

Submitted by Jason a Racer

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2013

Strengths:    Super easy to apply.
Makes you bike look great!

Weaknesses:    Be careful not to blind people with your super bright and shiny bike.

Bottom Line:
Great companion to the ProGold Bike Wash, for a complete cleaning routine, the ProGold Bike Shine makes getting your bike to look great super easy, I love showing up to a race with a clean and good looking bike seems that much more professional, and it's super easy to use just spray on a towel and wipe down your bike after washing and drying and you're all set.. what more do you need.