Home | Reviews | Lube | Pedros

Pedros Bike Lust Cleaner Lube

4.67/5 (9 Reviews)

Pedros Bike Lust is a water-based silicone emulsion formula that offers superior protection from the sun's harmful UV rays, water and dirt. It also polishes your bike to a lustful shine and leaves a protective coating that sheds water and mud like a duck

Submitted by oldtime a Cross Country Rider from Maplewood, MO, USA

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2011

Strengths:    Works as described. Bike shines like new.

Weaknesses:    None yet observed.

Bottom Line:
My bike is black and an earlier reviewer stated Bike Lust left their bike grey and did not bring back the shine.

This is the exact *opposite* experience I had.

After first testing on the bottom bracket the bike shined. I spread a little more on the bottom of the chain-stays; again, nothing but shine. After detailing the whole bike (minus drivetrain, brake levers and pedals) looks amazing.

Similar Products Used:   NA

Bike Setup:   Rockhopper Expert 29er

Submitted by Jurcy a Cross Country Rider from Slovenia

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2008

Strengths:    Works as advertised, good looking and shiny frame, I have one bottle(350ml) for long time

Weaknesses:    None really

Bottom Line:
I recommend this product to everyone who want good looking and protected from water frame.

Favorite Trail:   everything in forest

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Bike Setup:   Ghost HTX Actinum Team

Submitted by Brandon Marshall a Weekend Warrior from San Francisco

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2007

Strengths:    Not expensive and a little goes a long way

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
I was having a problem keeping my anno frame looking showroom fresh. Then I gave myself over to the lust and what a difference. My bike gleamed and the lust leaves a protective layer behind that lets you wipe the frame down in between serious cleanings. My bike now looks as hot as it rides.

Favorite Trail:   dirt

Purchased At:   CBO

Similar Products Used:   never used anything quite like this

Bike Setup:   Black anno BLT

Submitted by Dan a Weekend Warrior from Williamsburg, VA

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2005

Strengths:    Works as advertised
Cheap
Quick

Weaknesses:    NOT FOR HEAVY DIRT

Bottom Line:
I'm a student and a part-time auto detailer. I was somewhat hesitant to try Bike Lust due to the "Silicone" component (depends on silicone type). Stay away from tires and drivetrain.

Don't think this is for muddy sleds. I don't use this on my mountain frames, but I use it on my Klein after every ride just before I Pro-Link the drivetrain. Aside from my tires, my bike looks brand new. A Pro-Link/Bike Lust treatment takes all of 5 minutes and is something to do while I sweat out. For best effects, find micro-fiber towels at your local auto parts store or Wal*Mart to avoid any micro-marring that cotton towels might induce. Anal? Yes. Does my bike look new after 1000 miles? Yes.

Favorite Trail:   dirt and asphalt

Purchased At:   performance

Similar Products Used:   automobile shampoo, Klasse All-In-One, Klasse Sealant Glaze, Zaino Z2pro

Bike Setup:   Klein QV-Pro, Monocog, Trek 990

Submitted by Stephen a Cross Country Rider from Connecticut

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2003

Strengths:    The finished product is a smooth, glossy, sparkling frame! Works great and I have no complaints.

Weaknesses:    None at all.

Bottom Line:
This is a great product. My bike was very very dirty and dusty looking. Today I decided I'd wash it. I found a bottle of this in the basement and figured I'd try it out. I sprayed some on my frame, (which I had just cleaned with a damp sponge and dried) and buffed it without much effort. My bike now shines like it's brand new, and feels very glossy and smooth. I highly reccommend this to anyone, especially if you're selling your bike and want the buyer to be impressed.

Submitted by Ryan R a Cross Country Rider from Long Island NY

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2003

Strengths:    Clens ans polishes in one shot, Makes your next cleaning not that tough, Mud and dirt have a hard time sticking to treated area, have yet to find a surface you can't use it on, either spry direct on the bike for heavy soil or use it on a rag for a quick clean, No Messy Residue Left Behind like car polish or waxes.

Weaknesses:    None so far maybe a bigger bottle would be nice but as for the performance of the product perfect!

Bottom Line:
This stuff rocks I use it on almost all the surfaces on my bike except the drive-train. It makes you next cleaning a breeze due to the fact dirt and mud won't stick to the treated surface. It repels sunlight and anything corrosive like slt air and with living on an island that great. Try it on any surface and see the results you get. I use it currently on Bike frame, Crome, Cable housings, saddle, bars and stems, rims, pedels, and even tires yes tires. This stuff rocks on tire too. Try this while the wheel is off the bike spin it and spray it on and leave it to dry. Once it is somewhat dry reinstall your wheels and let it sit overnight. The next day you quarter mile on pavema\ent don't lean the bike so hard just let the running knobs wear it off. Why do this? Because once it gets inbetween the knobs it increases the mud shedding abilty of you tirs because bike lust won't let the mud stick to the surfaces it treats giving avarage tire unbelivable mud-shedding abilties. It usually lastes for about a week of solid riding and then it needs a reapplication. I think all Mt. Bikers should try this stuff it is one of the best kept secrets your bike shop dosen't want you to know about. Look at all the money they loose performing matinece on all your parts because of all the dirt that caked up on them. It also makes your frame look brand new, if your currently selling a bike get it use it and you can ask for more because it looks newer. PEACE!

Favorite Trail:   If it's got dirt on it I ride it!

Purchased At:   Bike Planet

Similar Products Used:   Car and Auto waxes and polishes

Bike Setup:   02 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR XC

Submitted by Stephen from San Jose, Ca

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2003

Strengths:    It makes my tires Shine. It seems to make some dirty bikes shine (as long as they aren't Black). Works as well as soap and water! Makes my tires smell like chocolate (really!).

Weaknesses:    Leaves a milky residue on Black paint! Way to expensive!

Bottom Line:
Was talked into buying this stuff at the LBS. The guy shows me a dirty bike, sprays the stuff on, and viola, nice shiny paint. I was impressed, looked easy enough. Went home tried it on my bike, and SOB, if it didn’t turn my black bike gray. My first reaction was to buff and rub more, maybe I didn’t buff it out long enough. Nope that didn’t work, in fact it kept getting worse. I’m now in total melt down; I tried washing it off with soap and water, Oh NO! I think it’s getting worse!
Now I’m thinking lawsuit, or someone’s buying me a new paint job!
I thought I’d let it set overnight, to see what might happen next. Well the next day it looked the same. So now, I just wan to see if I can make my bike shine again, so, I get out the car wax/polish and rub a little on and, “ whew”, my bike looks normal again. Wow that was a close call.

We have been making the paint on our cars (and wood, etc.) shine with wax for years. In fact, if you go down to your local car shop and ask for something to make your car shiny, chances are they will give you a wax/polish. Why would we think some little bike company could invent a new paint polish (that only works on bike paint)? Well, they didn’t. In my opinion, someone took Armor All, added a silicone base, and said “hey! look how well that repels water!”.

You want your tires to shine? Use Armor All. You can get a gallon of this stuff for $8.00
You want your bike to shine (and be protected from the sun, and rain, and dirt)? Use a car wax/polish!
But what ever you do, don’t buy Pedro’s Bike Lust.

The only reason I gave it 2 flamers is because is did make my tires shiny.

Favorite Trail:   Anything Up, Down, or Dirty

Similar Products Used:   Car Wax/Polish, Armor All.

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Heckler, XTR, King, bla bla bla.

Submitted by mtber a Weekend Warrior from NJ

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2002

Strengths:    Gives the bike a nice shine and leaves a slippery film that keeps some grime from building up.

Bottom Line:
It works! A recommended product!

Bike Setup:   Giant AC Air Lite

Submitted by Steve a Weekend Warrior from Hawaii

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
Apparently has some silicone properties that takes grime off with ease. Leaves a luster finish, that's a bit slippery to touch, so don't use on your handlebars, shifters, etc, anywhere you need to have tactile contact with. Good cheap stuff that works as advertised. Has a pleasant smell to it too.