Home | Reviews | Lube | Lumpy's

Lumpy's Crack Wax Crack Wax Lube

3.6/5 (5 Reviews)

Lumpy's Crack Wax Crack Wax

Submitted by Chong a Downhiller from I kind of, move around man, you dig?

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2002

Strengths:    that was some crazy stuff, man.

Weaknesses:    It was really hard to light, you know? And my fingers were all slippery and I dropped my pipe, man. I hate that, man.

Bottom Line:
Hey I don't know why I'd want to put wax on my crack man. Dig? But this Lumpy dude said I wouldn't be sorry and he's a cool dude. So I tried that s***. That's some wacky stuff, man. Like, I can't even remember what day it was man. Lumpy kept yellin' something about Chains. I think he was havin' a bad trip, man. I haven't seen the dude since, man.

Favorite Trail:   the Stairway to Heaven, man.

Purchased At:   That Lumpy dude

Similar Products Used:   there's nothing like This stuff, man.

Bike Setup:   Bike, man, what are you talkin' about now, man?

Submitted by Chris a Racer from Nevada City, CA

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2001

Strengths:    Best chain lubricant out there; silent chain, great shifts.

Weaknesses:    Loesn't last very long, plus you use quite a bit; so it's pretty expensive to use. The built-in applicator doesn't work once the can is half empty.

Bottom Line:
This is amazing lube; better shifting than anything else, and an absolutely silent chain. But: doesn't last more than 2 rides, messy to apply, and a can doesn't go very far, so it turns out to be quite expensive. The sponge for application built into the lid works the first few times; after that you need to scoop it out with a screwdriver.

Great for rich folk who want a silent chain. In the real world ProLink lasts longer, works almost as well, and is much much cheaper.

Purchased At:   Bike Tight

Similar Products Used:   Most commercial lubes.

Bike Setup:   Shimano 8-speed XTR with Shimano and SRAM chains.

Submitted by Mike T. a cross-country rider from Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: March 28, 1998

Bottom Line:

I've used Lumpy's for a year now in all conditions and weathers. I was very skeptical at first and kept checking the chain for wear. I went the whole summer on one chain before it was at the end of its usefull life.
The drivetrain stays squeaky clean with no muck buildup at all. The days of de-gunking the drivetrain after every ride are gone.
Start out with a 100% degreased chain and cogs if you're switching to Lumpy's. I re-apply before every ride and I never had one squeak all year.
A great lube for cables too.

Submitted by Terry a cross-country rider from Vail, CO

Date Reviewed: January 21, 1998

Bottom Line:

This must be a joke ! Why don't those people find a real job. Lumpy Wax ? It just washes of in rain, mud, anything. Teflon just seems to do that ....
I used some from a bike shop. I came back with a squeeking chain. I really don't like wsating a good chain. THAT HURTS !

Submitted by Nathen Bottorf a cross-country rider from Bradford, PA

Date Reviewed: January 15, 1998

Bottom Line:

This is from what I understand a fairly new product on the market. I found out about it by stumbling upon
there website (www.netroute.net/~lumpy). I ordered a can of their original compound and absolutely love
it! So far the product has worked better than anything i'v ever tried. I'v used it on my chain, bottom bracket,
and am curently trying it on my hubs. It's the best! ... They also have a killer T-shirt! I give it a Five.

Lumpy's Crack Wax

Found a small spray bottle in my garage. Must be circa 10yrs old. Works great. Run out now. Company seems to be no more. Anyone remember it/know an equivalent?Read More »