Xeccon Sogn 900 Lights

The design elements of the new Sogn 900 pushes upper limits of heat management, runtime and performance in bike light concept. Xeccon constantly improves products through customer feedback and our contribution through racing development. This handlebar light is our sponsored riders' weapon of choice. In the tangibles great robust design that secures well and extended beyond the bar so it won't be covered by the race plate during the race. Dual switch with remote for easy mode switching and waterproof high capacity batteries with certified quality batteries inside. On the intangibles consistent bright output, great beam shaping, long light throw, awesome thermal management and most importantly the best runtime from it's battery capacity to weight ratio. The mid-level Sogn shadows high-end racing lights.

Submitted by NWAtrailyguy a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2015

Strengths:    - Complete system with all accessories necessary, including padded ballistic nylon partitioned carrying case
- Excellent packaging
- Durable build
- Very bright
- Evenly dispersed
- Quality Clamp
- Remote switch makes it convenient to switch intensity levels (More than enough reach on my 760mm bars,and there would be slack left on 800's)
- Long battery life, over 3 hours on high with stock kit included battery from Mtbrevolution (I haven't tested it to failure yet...who knows?)

Weaknesses:    None. If you're a big stickler and weight sensitive, you could say it's a little heavier than some options out there, but it more than makes up for it with the stable mounting bracket, battery life, and thermal properties.

Bottom Line:
I can't imagine a better light than this for your bars. The sturdy clamp-on bracket makes it stable (no rubber bands), and it does EXACTLY what I want a handlebar mounted light to do...throw out a nice bright evenly dispersed light so I can easily gauge the varied terrain. It literally "blazes a trail" for you to follow. I guess there may be a brighter light out there, but I can't see why you would ever need a light any brighter than this one. Maybe bombing downhill at 40 mph?? I have it paired with another Xeccon S12 Two on my helmet, but I could turn it off and be just fine with only the Sogn 900 on my bars on any ride.

If you want a reliable light for your bars and you're not chasing the lightest thing out there, then this is an excellent option. If you're extremely weight conscious, then you may balk a little at the weight when you handle it. But...strap it on your bike and use it, and I think you'll forget the few extra grams of weight.

Great for: Riders who don't want to compromise when riding at night, and don't want to worry about their light not being mounted well enough to hit the bigger drops and technical sections.

Maybe not idea for: Someone who is looking to shave every possible ounce of weight, and feels they don't need this much light for whatever reason. If you're riding smooth trails with few obstacles, then this might be overkill for you.

The only thing I can't comment on yet is the longevity, and any service that it might require. However, I'm confident that Leonard at Mtbrevolution will take care of any issues that may arise. I have every reason to believe it will last a long time based on how well it is constructed.

I couldn't be happier than I am with this light.

Purchased At:   Mtbrevolution.com