TrailLED Halo Lights

The Halo is quite simply the most revolutionary bike light on the market in both design and output. The Halo houses ten of the highest performing CREE LEDs available and emits a wicked 6000 lumens. (In fact, it is so bright that you should probably have to sign a waiver .) We deliver those 6000 lumens in a solid, anodized aluminum light-body weighing less than 200 grams. We have maintained tight control over both output and color temperature to give you maximum output with the best color rendition available in the industry. The unique, low-profile, arched design and multiple lenses of the Halo produce what we like to call MPSD (multi-point shadow definition), rendering unparalleled depth perception. The unique integrated mounting system also allows unmatched flexibility and convenience in mounting. And if all of that isn't enough, our battery packs boast a 1:1 charge ratio, meaning you only need two battery packs to run continuously. With all Trail Led lights, no compromises have been made in materials, design or construction. Trail Led lights are all handmade in the USA, by bikers for bikers.

Submitted by Matthew Findley

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2013

Strengths:    The TrailLED Halo is by far the best helmet mount light I've ever used. The curve of the light makes the beam patterns cross over each other, which fills in the shadows. Judging depth is not an issue. This light is sick and wrong, in all the right ways.

I ride at night a lot and in the winter months 80% of my miles are at night. I got my first set of Vista Lights almost 15 years ago and have been hooked ever since. But I also like to get my heart rate up for a couple of hours. This light lets me ride at daytime speeds for more than 2 hours on just one battery.

Weaknesses:    It took me a few rides before I got comfortable with the mounting system. But now I just remember which helmet vents work best and it's pretty easy.

Bottom Line:
You can ride at night as fast as the trail lets you. Lack of light is not an issue. Crazy downhills or technical ups. Beware of Sasquatch!

Purchased At:   http://trailled.com/

Similar Products Used:   Vista, NightRider...But really there is no light that is similar. The Halo takes it to a new level.

Bike Setup:   Titus MotoLite

Submitted by Rich Szecsy

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2013

Strengths:    I just complete my 10th 24Hr solo race, and the 10th one, I did with the TrailLED HALO. It was an absolute game changer. I was truly able to run daytime speeds at night. The light pattern was beyond my peripheral vision, which meant no dark spots, and no tunnel vision. There were no issues with depth perception or faulty shadowing which seems to occur with other light systems. There was no issue with the run time which lasted just past 2 hrs on high. The battery did just fine in my center jersey pocket and was not at issue. Because the light was centered on top of the helmet (Specialized Align) I did not feel any weight difference from other lights. Because of the low profile, I did not have to worry about clearance either.

Weaknesses:    You will have to get used to having more light, that and the absolute envy of everyone else that does not have one. Other than that, after riding at night for 10+ years, this is the absolute new standard by which other lights will be judged.

Bottom Line:
For serious night time riders that do not want to sacrifice speed, or trail perception, this is the light for you. This light is no different that an investment in a high end wheel set, crankset, or frame. It makes you a better rider. Seriously.

New Halo Nanuk 4.0 tyres - thoughts?

New 4.0 tyres from Halo in two versions. Pretty light and affordable: [url=http://www.halowheels.com/products/part/TYHANF64K]Nanuk Tyres | Fatbike | Tyres | Products | Halowheels.com[/url] Any thoughts on the tread pattern from the experts? Is this really suited for mud? [url]http://www.halow ... Read More »

Halo Solar Skull Cap & Tail

Anyone using this? [URL="http://store.haloheadband.com/Halo-Solar-Skull-Cap-Tail-p/sol.htm"]Halo Solar Skull Cap Sweatband | Sun Protection Hats for Men & Women[/URL] I'm using sunscreen on my head/ears/nose/face/neck since I'm fair-skinned and already have sun damage on my face, and have a buzzcu ... Read More »

New Product: Halo Belt

Hi Night Riders, My name is Patrick Lee and I work for a LED Belt company called Halo Belt! We are a company that is a start up based in San Francisco and gained funding from Kickstarter we focus on safety and it is a versatile safety product. Our belts shine brightly and are highly reflectiv ... Read More »

Halo Tundra Fatbike rim? 80mm budget lefty?

Has anyone used this rim before? Price looks good. Good candidate for budget lefty at half price of others? [URL="http://www.halowheels.com/products/part/RMHAO62K"]Tundra 26" Fatbike Rim | Fatbike | Rims | Products | Halowheels.com[/URL] Tundra 26" Fatbike Rim ... Read More »