Sigma Sport Triled Lights

• Individually adjustable mounting
  • Extremely simple battery change, 3 x AA

Submitted by Drew a Weekend Warrior from Fort Wright, KY

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2006

Strengths:    Bright,Long battery life, Vert easy to mount.

Weaknesses:    Great light to be seen with, not a light to see the road with

Bottom Line:
For me this is a great back up light, or a supplemental light. It's also a light I can easily lend to new night riders because of its easy (no tools) mounting. Also because of the way it mounts it fits on some helmets if the vent holes are large enough. If you're looking for a light to light up the road, this is not the light for you.
If you are looking for a quick and easy "to be seen" light or a back up light, this is the best value.

Purchased At:   Oakley Cycles

Bike Setup:   Single speed Bianchi San Jose

Submitted by Hank Manz a Weekend Warrior from Lexington, MA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2006

Strengths:    Price, Brightness, Moisture Resistance, Good Battery Life

Weaknesses:    Batteries not rechargeable

Bottom Line:
My old Lucas bike light which clips on the L bracket on the front of any English bicycle finally gave up and I was tired of buying D cells and lugging the heavy light around in my pack when not riding. The TRILED clips onto any handlebar with no tools and stays put, yet is easy to get off when I lock the bike. The light output is enough to get me home on suburban roads without getting run over although I would want more for unfamiliar roads. The price is low enough that if I lose it I won't cry about it. Easily unclipped to use as a flashlight when needed. Battery life > 100 hours so I actually use the light.

Favorite Trail:   Minuteman Bikeway

Purchased At:   REI in Wilmington, MA

Similar Products Used:   Replaces a Lucas bike light which came with the bike 40 years ago.

Bike Setup:   Raleigh 20 folding bicycle used for commuting (don't laugh).