Home | Reviews | Lights | Sette

Sette Elumin-X Lights

2.5/5 (4 Reviews)

3 high efficient LEDs provide visibility up to 2000 feet. 3 different flash modes (steady, flashing and running) for up to 100 hours of run time. Includes handlebar or seatpost mount and battery.

Submitted by Rufudufus a Weekend Warrior from Corvallis, OR

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2008

Strengths:    Small, cheap, slides easily on to mount and clicks in securely. You can stick it in your pocket when you're off the bike.

Weaknesses:    Dim. Quite dim. Did I mention dim?

Bottom Line:
I wish I'd checked the reviews before I bought this. As others mention the front looks like a white light from the pic but the LEDs emit an amber light, and aren't very bright. I just have mine as a back up at work in case I forget to bring my CygoLite, so it's not a big deal. And I've never seen an LED for cheaper.

It should be bright enough for drivers to see you and to keep cops from ticketing you for riding with no light, but that's about it. If you ride in the country and need to light up your path forget it. Don't even think about trail riding with this. It would be better than nothing, but not by much.

I used to have a Planet Bike light that looked just like this one but it was much brighter, I was hoping I was getting the same light cheaply with the Sette label. Guess you get what you pay for.

4 Value Chilis for being the cheapest LED I can find, 2 Overall because no one should use this thing as their primary headlight.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Planet Bike Spot, looks similar but it's a much brighter, white light

Bike Setup:   Old Rockhopper set up as SS commuter

Submitted by Alex a Weekend Warrior from Incirlik AB, Turkey

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2007

Strengths:    Small, multiple settings, inexpensive, durable, easily removable

Weaknesses:    Front light is yellow not white

Bottom Line:
The back light will do the trick, but the front light is horrible. I probably look like a moving construction baracade when its flashing, and I'm probably not seen when it is steady. As for using it to see what's in front of you...not happening. My reccomendation is buy the rear, steer clear of the front. On the upside I always leave the back attached to the bike even when I go on rougher trails and its still holding on. I gave it a fair rating for overall, becuase the back light is decent. DO NOT BUY THE FRONT LIGHT.

Favorite Trail:   Cappadocia

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Bell

Bike Setup:   Jamis Dakota 29'er

Submitted by Mike from Guelph

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2006

Strengths:    They are nice and small, thats about it.

Weaknesses:    This light set is a huge waiste of cash, dont buy them. They fu@king suck big balls. The picture shows what would appear to be white light, but in reality they are yellow. For LED lights they are not very bright and the light can be barley seen past a few hours. Spend the extra money and buy a more expnsive set.

Bottom Line:
DONT BUY!

Purchased At:   price point

Submitted by Zachary Handler a Cross Country Rider from Minneapolis

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2004

Strengths:    bright, small, cheap.

Bottom Line:
These ligts work great, mount securely, and are only $5. Battery lasts a long time on flashing mode. I give them as gifts to friends that foolishly ride without lights.

Purchased At:   pricepoint