Serfas TSL-1500 Lights

4.33/5 (9 Reviews)

Produces over 1500 Lumens in Overdrive mode Ram Air Vent Cooling System Includes Helmet Mount and Battery Extension Cable Battery Low Indicator Water Resistant Tool Free installation UpTo 2.5 Hours Runtime in Overdrive Mode 4 hour chargeTime Weight: 180g (light body); 300g (battery case)

Submitted by eam

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2012

Strengths:    Easy to mount, Very bright, Great charge time vs Run time

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Amazing light!!! I highly recommend the True 1500 for anyone that rides at night. The 1500 is really bright and gives me confidence on the trail. This light has 5 modes to choose from and long run times. I am a huge fan of Serfas products and everyone at the local bike shop is rocking the Serfas 1500 on our shop night rides. For the perfect combination, I put the 1500 on my bars and the True 500 on my helmet. Light up the night!

Similar Products Used:   Serfas True 500 Light, NiteRider Dual MiNewt

Submitted by mickmatthew

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2012

Strengths:    BRIGHT, well-designed, long-lasting battery.

Weaknesses:    Pricey. And the imminent guilt of buying it for cheap online and not supporting my local shop.

Bottom Line:
I owned the Serfas True 500 and loved the design, brightness, and quality, so when I found this on clearance for under $200 (they went fast!) I snatched it up. Man alive, this is a sweet piece of equipment. I love the balance of the beam, where you get a crisp, wide, GIANT halo in the periphery, and a much brighter center beam that's just wide enough to illuminate a few feet on either side of the singletrack. In a pinch, with some tailgating, two riders could share this beam. The battery is heavy but small enough to fit in a pack, and I have yet to run it down, even with some two+ hour rides.

Purchased At:   Sierra Trading Post

Submitted by chiefmatesam a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2012

Strengths:    Very bright light, very well made, very sturdy

Weaknesses:    None that I've found so far

Bottom Line:
This is the very first light I've ever owned. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with 2 x 600 lumen lights (one for handlebars, one for the helmet), plus I thought I wanted something cordless. When I found this light at Pricepoint for only $219, I figured why not get one light that I can shine at 1500 lumens? I have not regretted my decision once. I've never over-ridden this light. It has a great spot light beam, but still has an excellent glow around the main spot. I usually ride with it in overdrive, and have yet to get bumped down to the lower setting. I mount it on my helmet...didn't like it on my handlebars.

Favorite Trail:   Bykhed @ 909

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Topeak HID Helmet Light

Bike Setup:   2011 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1, Big Betty Tire up front, Nobby Nic in the rear.

Submitted by jim

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2012

Strengths:    lot of light

Weaknesses:    low battery light comes on 30 minutes after full charge

Bottom Line:
the red low battery light flashing is distracting

Submitted by Quicksilver77

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2012

Strengths:    On overdrive mode this light is unbelievably bright. I usually ride with this light on the low setting and even on the roughest trails I have never been able to overdrive my headlight. With the three LEDS it casts a nice wide path of light so you can see to the left and right of the trail. Its awesome.

Weaknesses:    I haven't seen any so far. This appears to be a very well built unit as well.

Bottom Line:
As far as lights go this is the best bargain I have seen. I got it because it was on sale but if I had known the performance of it beforehand I would have not waited to upgrade. The lithium ion battery pack is compact and well designed and the headlight is compact and well designed as well. The headlight stays put on my bars and never moves even on the rough trails at Bootleg Canyon. This is overall an excellent product.

Submitted by jimirich a Cross Country Rider from Waikoloa, HI. USA

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2012

Strengths:    Very bright light with good diffusion to perimeter.
Very good depth perception and shadowing of obstacles big and small.
Compact battery with functional strap allows very easy attachment to the bottom of the top tube.

Weaknesses:    None to my knowledge.

Bottom Line:
I have run this light for three and four hour rides.
There are at least three light settings plus flashing.
The activation switch/button has a light that indicates the battery life (run time indicator). When the button blinks red, just switch the light to the next lower setting and the run time indicator returns to green.
Setup is easy and the mount will actually allow the light to swivel at least 180 degrees.
Serfas has a real winner here.
EXTREMELY satisfied with this light

Similar Products Used:   Jet Lites Blast HID 1,000
Jet Lites Starfire

Bike Setup:   Stumpjumper

Submitted by Studbuckett a Racer from Cranford, NJ

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2011

Strengths:    Tons of light and a great helmet mount.

Weaknesses:    Run times slightly shorter than listed

Bottom Line:
Got a great deal, but would have paid full price for the light. More light than I could possibly need. Full speed on single track at night is not a problem. Helmet mount lets me "alert" drivers on the way to and from the woods. Have to see how long the battery lasts.

Similar Products Used:   Light&Motion HID

Bike Setup:   Scott spark 29er

Submitted by KennyG a Cross Country Rider from Canada

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2011

Strengths:    Great light, at the highest setting more light than you would ever need. Good warning before battery goes, light weight and adaptable to either handle bar or helmet. Weather tight and good in wet conditions.

Weaknesses:    The light only lasts 1/2 of manfactured specs. This is my second unit and the same performance. At high beam it dies at 30mins. Same for all settings. Not much help from the distributor and no extra capacity battery available.

Bottom Line:
I like the light,no issues. The battery runs out of juice way too soon.

Favorite Trail:   Whooper Drop