Princeton Tec Yukon Extreme Lights

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)
Weight : 419 grams

The compact 8-AA remote battery pack is designed to attach to a frame rail or insert into your hydration pack or backpack. Yukon Extreme 's versatility is second to none—it offers users the ability to switch between a piercing high-power Xenon bulb for long-range, high-intensity requirements and three Ultrabright LEDs for when a cyclist needs to be seen or when burn time is more important.

Submitted by mtb1ker2002 a Cross Country Rider from georgia, usa

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2009

Strengths:    Lightweight, easy helmet fastener, battery pack fits well in my camelbak

Weaknesses:    Battery replacement

Bottom Line:
Great for my first helmet mount. I was used to using the Sigma Evo on my handlebars when I found this set on Chainlove.com.

The Yukon mounts easily and lasts for the advertised amount of time. I will probably go for a rechargeable unit sometime, but for now, this set works for a helmet mount for me.

Favorite Trail:   chicopee woods zigzag

Purchased At:   chainlove.com

Similar Products Used:   Sigma Evo

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Sugar

Submitted by Jon a Cross Country Rider from minehill,nj

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2007

Strengths:    light weight. Mount on helment or bars. Take standard AA batteries.

Weaknesses:    A combine mode of lights would be cool

Bottom Line:
This light make a great inexpensive backup and secondary light to a hardle bar systems. I used it all summer and only change the batteries once to be on the safe side before a 24hr race. I used light as a complement to my 30 watt halogen system. My system broke I decide to replace in it with the switchback 3 because I like the manufactures quality. The light is not powerful enough to be used for full time trail riding. I was fine for conserving power during long slow fireroad climbs or for sunset while trying to get back to the car.

Favorite Trail:   skeggs points

Similar Products Used:   Halogen lights.

Bike Setup:   KHS 704R xt, Airborne lucky strike XT

Submitted by Dave a Weekend Warrior from Longview, WA USA

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2006

Strengths:    price, 4 brightness levels with from 2 bulb types(xenon, and l.e.d.), will run on standard alkaline/lithium AA's-or rechargeable batteries

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
This is my first headlight, and I think it was a great choice. Good price, great function, bright, long battery life.