NiteRider Pro 3600 LED Lights

The Pro 3600 LED is one of the brightest bike lights ever constructed, producing an amazing 3600 lumens! The Pro 3600 utilizes six of the highest performing Cree LEDs available today to achieve this amazing light output. The Pro 3600 is the only bike light available that allows complete customization through our unique DIY Software. This allows the rider to tailor fit their light to the ride. The Pro 3600 is one of the most technologically advanced bike lights ever created. Includes: LED Headlamp Helmet Mount Li-Ion Battery Extension Cable Handlebar Mount – Fits up to 31.8mm Docking Station

Submitted by KCCO_USAF a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2014

Strengths:    Heavy duty construction, basically a 3600K HID vehicle headlight at full strength, and a super bright center beam with a bright floodlight-like effect for outer ring.

Weaknesses:    Weight of both the 8-cell battery and weight of the headlight separately.

Bottom Line:
There's a helmet attachment strap for the light inside the package but due to the weight and massive size of the light, I would not consider one to attach it to your helmet because it'll make your helmet very front heavy. You can definitely feel the added weight when it's attached to your handlebars when you're taking corners even if your bars are lightweight.

Despite the added weight on my bars because it doesn't really bother me, I am very pleased to have this light because at full power it's like taking a tiny sliver of the sun or a cop car's searchlight. The coupon code "save15" is still valid on www.ArtsCyclery.com as well for a total of $416 including free Priority Shipping (3-5 days). If you like to see clearly at night without struggling or wishing your light was a bit brighter, get this asap.... you won't be disappointed!

Favorite Trail:   Arrowhead Park in Macon, GA

Purchased At:   www.ArtsCyclery.com

Bike Setup:   All headlights on my handlebars:
- NiteRider Pro 3600 DIY
- NiteRider Pro Race 1800
- Serfas True 750 (My Emergency Backup)

Headlight on my helmet:
- Serfas TSL 1000

Submitted by KCCO_ USAF a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2014

Strengths:    I can't give an accurate review because I have yet to receive the light from Art's Cyclery. If I had to give any strengths, it would be from Niterider's Pro 1800 lumens Race light. I like how the 1800's light has a colored battery life guage, nice sleek n' slim battery, tough n' sturdy build quality, power connection cables from the battery to the light as well as the extention cable are insulated by a heavy duty rubber, easy setup/install for helmet or handlebars, and how much light it produces for such a small size.

Weaknesses:    Non-existent.

Bottom Line:
I got a steal-of-a-deal for the 1800 light from a local bike store in Atlanta. When I questioned why it was about $150 less than retail and if anything was wrong with it, they said it was new but they also noticed it was mis-marked from the description of the item upon the item being scanned and they gave it to me for the mis-marked price.

To anyone looking to buy the Pro 3600 DIY software you get the best deal at Art's Cyclery! They sell the light for $489.99 when other sites like JensonUSA.com sells the exact same item for $599. On top of that, I found an online coupon from RetailMeNot.com using the code "save15" that worked and gave a 15% discount ($73.50) off the item for a final total of $416.49. Finally, Art's Cyclery also has UPS 2nd Day Air shipping for FREE! Get this light while it the coupon lasts because the site RetailMeNot.com does not show an expiration date for that 15% off coupon!

Since this light is soon to arrive, I'm pretty sure I'll be set to ride the trails at night when I put my 1800 on my helmet and this 3600 on my bars. As far as I found, the Lupine Betty R14 claims to take the trophy of the "world's brightest headlamp/headlight." Yeah you can pay your $1175 from Amazon and you can keep your Lupine Betty R14 while I pay a little less than half the cost of the Lupine Betty R14 for the 2nd best light on the market.

Favorite Trail:   Children's Home/Pig Trail in Macon, GA

- Stan's No Tubes Tubeless Tires Setup
- Continental Tires King model tubeless 29" tires
- Raceface Atlas 31.8 mm clamp stem
- SDG Bel-Air 2.0 Titanium Saddle
- Scotch Rubber Mastic Tape in Black Color (Item #2228 - 2" width x 10' long) wrapped around chainguard
- Crank Brothers Eggbeaters clipless pedals

Submitted by Sevan a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2014

Strengths:    More then enough light for any type of riding. Love the DIY software allowing you to preset up to 4 different lighting profiles, lets you choose how many lumins each level of the can have for different uses you may want to use it for. Holds a pretty good charge. Comes with everything you need to mount in on your helmet or handle bars. Snap on and off the handle bar mount with a easy clip system allowing you quickly remove the light for the drive back home or to prevent theft while away from your bike. Cycles through all four preset program if you keep pressing the button or easily select the preset program you like to use within a minute.

Weaknesses:    Obviously the price, but you get what you pay for it is worth every penny. But if you look around you can find them for a steal or search for redeem codes and get it for even cheaper! Battery pack is slightly heavy, but i'm not a weight weeny so it doesn't bother me.

Bottom Line:
Buy one and be done, this light does more then what you will ever need it to do. A great light for serious night rides A good tool to have in your cycling arsenal.

Favorite Trail:   Arroyo Brown El Preito

Duration Product Used:   5 night rides

Purchased At:   ArtsCyclery.com

Similar Products Used:   Borrowed a buddies NR 3000Pro

Bike Setup:   Trek Slash 8 650B

Submitted by rydemtb28

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2012

Strengths:    Extremely bright! I turned it off mid trail just to see if i was able to ride without it and man was that spooky this light makes a huge difference. Flash mode works great. I normally set the light on low when riding on flat terrain than bump it up to high for the technical sections/downhills. Mount is great you can adjust the light sideways left/right up/down. Also comes with a helmet mount that i have not tried yet. The battery tray is great at first i wasnt to sure about it but once i stuck it on and started riding it didnt rattle or make noise or move at all. Perfect couldnt be happier.

Weaknesses:    Wish they would incorporate the D.I.Y. software with Apple/Macs.

Bottom Line:
This light is awesome!!! Used it the other night with my buddy on the trail. I was the only one with a light and it lit the trail up enough for both of us to see. I havent messed with the diy software yet but i dont think i am able to because i have a Mac. Other than that this light is worth it couldnt be happier extremely bright and great if your looking for something that will light up the trail like day light.

Submitted by Ryan a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2012

Strengths:    Easy to use 1-button operation
Customizing software
BRIGHT

Weaknesses:    The flash mode only operates 1 side of the light. I would like a setting that turns on the left light for visibility and flashes the other side for a car-attention grabber. I have also experienced a problem where the DIY software did not properly flash the light settings and the light would not turn on at all. I re-flashed the system and the light worked again. I could imagine a situation where I would customize the light's software and head to the trail to find that I have an inoperable light.
The handlebar mount is a little flimsy and makes a clicking noise over bumps.
It seems like the left and right light are identical. I would prefer one to be a floodlight while the other to be more of a spotlight.

Bottom Line:
I have used this light on two night trail rides so far. The batteries lasted longer than expected while lighting up the trail at full power. This light will literally turn night into day! As long as the lights hold up and stay bright, I will be happy with my purchase.
Video: