Home | Reviews | Lights | Marwi

Marwi Nightpro BULLITe Lights

3.89/5 (9 Reviews)
Weight : 362 grams

The BULLITe is totally self-contained and comes in bullet-proof, CNC machined alloy housing. With it's 6 watt flood beam pattern and 2 Amp/Hr NiMH battery, it's the pefect light for any dirt bike rider. It also includes the Plug & forget overnight charger that comes with the trickle feature to help protect your battery.

Submitted by Eric Bos a Cross Country Rider from Adelaide, SA, Australia

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2006

Strengths:    I use it for commuting, parts of which are in complete darkness. Great light. Also makes me really visible in traffic. perhaps not enough light for downhill racing in absolute darkness. But plenty for cruising along dirt tracks at night.

Weaknesses:    The battery charger. NiMH batteries are easily damaged by overcharging (see http://www.hardingenergy.com/pdfs/NiMH.pdf for info overload). For such an expensive light (yes for a glorified torch it is expensive, but the convenience makes up for it) you'd expect a reasonably smart charger to prevent damage to the batteries. They cost only a few $$ more to make than a dumb charger, but nope, you get a real dumb one. The charger will simply kill your battery if you forget it. Easily done if eg you drain it on your weekend riding, then plug it in, go to work, and notice it on Wednesday. (oops).

Bottom Line:
Great functionality. Cant see why the manufacturer did not provide a smart charger to prevent overcharging and damage to an expensive product like this.

Purchased At:   Adelaide

Submitted by Frank FDaugherty a Cross Country Rider from Huntington Beach CA

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2006

Strengths:    Great beam, quality build, NO BATTERIES

Weaknesses:    NOT an off road light even though it's advertised as such. The mount is just not stout enough.

Bottom Line:
Considering the pluses above and mindful of the limitations re: the dirt, this is just a great deal. The beam pattern is just great, run time is advertised adn I've probably got 200 recharge cycles on it. After opening up the inside to replace the bulb (dropped the bike one evening when I shouldn't have been walking, let alone riding) the batteries look easily replaceable.

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Most of the inexpensive handlebar lights out there

Bike Setup:   I use it around town at night and for getting back after dark when the sun has gone down

Submitted by Steven Carper a Racer from Portland, OR

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2004

Strengths:    No cables to mess with, casts a great light, good for commuting, charge overnight.

Weaknesses:    Only 1 1/2 hours of light, but I always carry an extra "blinky" headlight in case it runs dry.

Bottom Line:
I definitely think it is worth what I paid for it. I was looking to rid myself of constantly chewing through alkaline batteries, yet have adequate light for 45 mins. of commuting early in the morning. I also didn't like the prospect of cables and batteries all over the bike. In fact, I would like to add another to my handlebars to further illuminate my commute. The only time I had any trouble with the handlebar mounting bracket was when I wrecked my bike and the bracket broke. I simply bought a new bracket for $10 through a local bike shop. I have not had any problems with the bulb, yet.

Favorite Trail:   Anything paved

Purchased At:   Bikes 101 Florence, OR

Bike Setup:   2003 Trek 100 Road Bike

Submitted by Rob a Racer from Melbourne, Aust.

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2004

Strengths:    self contained, very good for commuting, no wires/cables to damage. charger works well.

Weaknesses:    mounting setup. the light itself is heavy. it's easy to smash the bulb if you drop it. be careful when you take it off the mount. expensive replacement bulbs. marwi don't respond to feedback.

Bottom Line:
don't drop it and be careful when you take it off the bike!

Purchased At:   bikefanatic.com

Bike Setup:   old giant expedition (commute)

Submitted by Chad McCullough from Indianapolis, IN USA

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2004

Strengths:    Very bright, well built light. Easily recharged, as well.

Weaknesses:    Mount is semi-weak.

Bottom Line:
I would definitely recommend this light. I am going to contact the manufacturer to see if they offer a better, stronger mount.

Purchased At:   Indy Cycle Specialist

Bike Setup:   Singlespeed commuter bike.

Submitted by Bob a Weekend Warrior from Iowa City Iowa

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2002

Strengths:    Small, light, clean lines, no cords to damage, NiMH battery that you dont have to remove to charge. The switch has a cool feature, if you tap it will the light is on it cuts it off, I like to tap it once or twice to warn turning cars.

Only 6 watts but still puts out a good amount of light, good rugged metal construction, price.

Perfect for my 45min each way commute home.

Weaknesses:    Light mount pivots too easy, I have knocked it left and right a couple of times. I have not ridden it off road so no input there. On my bike the STI cables cause a big shadow about 10 feet in front of the bike, a little annoying.

Bottom Line:
Quick to mount, easy to use, good metal constuction. Sold by Performance under the LAZER name.

Favorite Trail:   anything paved

Purchased At:   performancebike.com

Similar Products Used:   Cygolite night rover SLA (way heavy). Cateye EL-300 LED (piece of junk, no light output, handlebar bracket broke)

Bike Setup:   Old Trek road bike, drop bars, STI levers.

Submitted by Bob Johnson a Weekend Warrior from Coumbus, Ohio

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2002

Strengths:    Great one piece design. No messy cords everywhere. NiMH batteries. No more buying batteries. Nice handlebar mounting system.

Weaknesses:    Why not use Lithium Ion batteries ? It might make it that much lighter.

Bottom Line:
This is a great light for the money. Easily recharged. I commute to work, and ride on the weekends. This light has made my life safer. Cars can see me, plus I can see the road. The flood pattern bulb helps me see everything in front and to the sides of my path.
Don't use it as a light for rough trail riding. I tried it, but the light got bumped of the bars. I asked the manufacture about the problem, and they said that it was not designed for that application.
I have never had a problem with it on the road. If you want a good light at a good price, Buy one. This has been a great light for me.

Favorite Trail:   Any road

Similar Products Used:   Cateye - battery powered.

Bike Setup:   Road bike

Submitted by Brett a Weekend Warrior from Sydney Australia

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2002

Strengths:    compact, no messy leads.

Weaknesses:    the mount that holds it to the handle bar is a bit to weak for the light. Mine has come off every time I have put it on and gone for a ride... the first time it shattered the bulb when it hit the road, as well as dented and scratched the paint... the second time it just scratched it further..

Bottom Line:
Great compact light, needs a better catch on the mount. Im not sure that it is a dirt bike riders choice as the label states, due to its tendancy to fall off..

Purchased At:   Maroubra Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Night stick.

Bike Setup:   Giant Warp DS2

Submitted by John Dander from Bloomington

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2002

Strengths:    Great design. Solid unit with rechargeable batteries inside the unit. Doubles as a flashlight to work on my bike during a ride. The clamp is large enough to fit my ridiculously larger bars that are 31.8.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
This was a brand new product and I didn't mind being a Ginnie pig. This light has been well worth the money. As much as I ride back and forth to work everyday, the cost of replacing batteries has almost paid for itself. It has enough light to see by as well as letting cars know that I'm on the road. I don't go off road much but if you need alot of light for those rides this might not be the light for you.
The light is easily removed from the handlebar mount with a simple slide release. The mount has a quick release that makes it's alot simpler to put on the bars.
I had a flat one night and used the light to see with while I changed the tube. The light is much brighter than my old light systems.

Favorite Trail:   All the streets

Similar Products Used:   AA battery type lights. Generator sets.