Magicshine MJ-818 Lights

Amazingly powerful Magicshine rear lightset, really raises the bar in terms of safety for commuters with the strongest rear light beam we have ever seen.
  • Superbright, rechargeable rear bike light
  • 10 LEDs and clever optical lens work project an amazing 00 metre beam!
  • Offers fabulous protection at night
  • Constant light mode + 2 flashing modes
  • Battery and charger both inter-changeable with other Magicshine bike lights

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by pgmbmc a Racer from uk

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2012

Strengths:    Really bright, no small buttons, can prepare gloves before use, good functions. again really bright, made my last light look crap.

Weaknesses:    No adjustment on angle, no solid fix, had to adapt fitting myself, switch dial stiff,

Bottom Line:
    Great cycle light, have Magicshine cycle lights in the front and rear, no problems with front, however they also could do with solid fix, but easy to adjust when needed, great brightness and range. You will be seen on the country lanes and and the high street, I do both which is why I selected and purchased this rear light. The rear is great, really bright and good functions, my old light was Smart Superflash which I did think was great, until I got these, I could look at the Superflash but not he Magicshine as it is blinding, the only drawback with the Magicshine Back light is that it is a set fix and offers no adjustment to the light angle, bearing in mind that it attaches to the saddle stem, which if like mine is already angled downwards towards the back, hence the light shines on floor. I had to pack-out the stem base and attach light just to level. MagicShine need to provide an adjustable bracket to improve, as when I tell friends it's a great light, but however, it this may put them off.