Magicshine Eagle 600 Lights

Measured 600 actual lumens; World first bike light with OLED display system; Dual Beam; Side Visability; 360° rotatable mount.

Submitted by Dogdude222 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2013

Strengths:    Excellent beam pattern. Love the low beam for climbing. Mount is very slick. Impressive battery life/light output ratio. Sidemarkers great for commuting, but not too bright to be too annoying on the trail.

Weaknesses:    Poor quality in terms of construction - failed after two months of moderate use. OLED display is inaccurate in real world conditions. No helmet mount.

Bottom Line:
I have been a long time supporter of Magicshine, so when it came time to get a commuter light, I was on the waitlist for the Eagle 600. And when it finally came, I was impressed. The light is impressively bright, but more than that the pattern is excellent. The low beam only pattern is particularly awesome for long trail climbs. At first I was only using the light for commuting, but when a connection went bad in my trail light, I started using it for trail rides as well. I find it spills more than enough light for aggressive night riding, especially on snow.

The OLED display is awesome in concept, but inaccurate in practice. On multiple occasions, the run time would get stuck at 50-54 minutes for long, long periods then drop to critical. I could live with that slight failure because it still had a general battery indicator above that was mostly accurate. But then the light stopped taking a charge and the charge port just fell out of the light housing body. This is after only 2 months of use.

Magicshine makes some kickass stuff, but I think that their wiring and connections are their weak points. I really, really wanted to love this light, but I am returning it for a Lumina 700.

Purchased At:   Brightstone Sports