Lupine Wilma 8 Lights

• Individual programming

Read the Pro Review on This Product Here>>

Submitted by Neil Chandra a Cross Country Rider from Denver, Colorado

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2007

Strengths:    Very bright light. No bright spot or rings. Very light (125 grams) and built tough.

Weaknesses:    Gotta be the price:)

Bottom Line:
Lupine made the Wilma pretty impressive with this last upgrade to 830 Lumens. It's slightly narrower than my ARC but brighter and has an extremely even beam. It took a dozen rides to get used to the narrower beam but I would not trade it for another light. I'll admit that Lupine makes the best LEDs.

It is incredibly customizable and has different power settings (that drive the LEDs) and dimness settings withing each power setting. It has SOS and flash modes and who knows what else. I love playing with the different programs. I'll probably be arrested someday for some SOS flash that goes off inadvertently.

The construction is tough and the details well thought out. I also like having the switch close to but separate from the light itself. You don't have to touch the lighthead to adjust the brightness. I better save some details for the Betty:)

I can't knock the value rating since it isn't that much more than my other option and has way more included in it. The price is high but the value was high enough to pay the price. Thanks to Larry at mtnhighcyclery.com who was incredibly helpful. I think he also gave up his L&M ARCs for the Lupine.

Purchased At:   www.mtnhighcyclery.com

Similar Products Used:   L&M ARC, Lume Strada, Jet Phantom

Bike Setup:   Turner Spot

Submitted by Josh a Cross Country Rider from Lancaster, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2007

Strengths:    Super bright, white light ... very long range, long battery life, durable

Weaknesses:    hurts my eyes

Bottom Line:
This lightset completely blew away my expectations, and everything is interchangable with my 4 yr. old Passubio ... great product! keep up the good work Lupine.

Favorite Trail:   Pisgah, NC