Lupine Wilma 7 Lights

• 7.5 Ah Li-Ion Frame battery
  • 5 hours charging time

Submitted by ridmcby a Weekend Warrior from roanoke, va

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2011

Strengths:    Very bright. Rally good at distance. Mounting to headstrap is easy, and battery life is fantastic.

Weaknesses:    Narrow beam at 15deg.

Bottom Line:
I do mainly trail running and occasional mountain biking in the trails. Until I bought this light I'd never ride the mountain trails at night. I can see everything. Great service. Now I have to invest in a REAL bike to ride at night, to match the visibility I have now Confidence in the dark has been restored.

Favorite Trail:   appallacian trails

Purchased At:   gretna bikes

Similar Products Used:   nighrider, light and motion 900seca and 1400.

Bike Setup:   Just a standard old mountainbike for now

Submitted by snoop69 a Racer from Ireland

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2009

Strengths:    Good battery life

Weaknesses:    poor mounting,poor light,and not waterproof! oh and the charger is like something a child made with bits from radioshack!

Bottom Line:
I started riding at night recently and got a cateye r3 and as i was only road riding and not looking to light up a forest the light was ok.however some of my spins were 3.5 hours long and the cateye only lasted 3 on high beam.So i decided to upgrade with a longer life battery and some extra light into the bargain.So i decided on a lupine as they had good reviews and got the wilma as my budget didn't extend to the betty,what a disapointment.Firstly the charger is cheap and nasty looking and you have to count blips to tell the battery life,then the mounting with a rubber o ring seems fine till you hit the road with every bump the light either pointed up to the sky or straight down to the ground and when it was pointing correctly i can honestly say the light was no better than the cateye!It rained that night and when i got home the light was full of condensation,obviously affecting the beam.The only good thing i can say about this light is the battery life,I miss my cateye!