Lupine Tesla 5 Lights

• 5 hours charging time

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by flare63 a Cross Country Rider from Gemany

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2010

Strengths:    Ease of use. Nice beam pattern that gives a nice peripheral light due to the halo.

Weaknesses:    Have to get used to the charger that only have one light that turns on when it charges. Notice that it will only start charging if the battery is at 80% or lower capacity, in order to extend the battery life.

Bottom Line:
    The quality of this light is outstanding!!
    The charger might look cheap, but it is definitely a quality charger, but with no frills.
    This is my only light and I normally ride with it mounted on my helmet. It is so light that you don't even feel that it is there.
    Some say that the O-ring mount doesn't work. Well for me it works like a dream on both handlebars and helmet. Just snap it on and go.
    When I go downhill I use the light on full blast, but on the long climbs I have it on the lowest setting, so the 3 hours burn time is extended to much longer.
    On my first ride I just let it burn full blast all the time, and the 3 hours burn time is no exaggeration!!

Purchased At:   www.bike24.de

Similar Products Used:   Sigma but not even in the same league

Bike Setup:   Klein in updated version Fork F32 100 Fit RLC Rest Shimano XT and XTR

Submitted by jdrp_stuntboy a Racer from Bethlehem, PA

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2009

Strengths:    Nice Beam, light color, definitely the weight (or lack thereof) an programability.

Weaknesses:    None, really.

Bottom Line:
    The thing drowns out my Nite Rider Moab, and the beam color is more like daylight and shows better depth of field. Also, it is really light on my helmet -- do not know it is there. Really nice connectors and travel case. No problems yet. All in all, great light!

Favorite Trail:   Dale's Trails

Similar Products Used:   Nite Rider Moab

Bike Setup:   EWR OWB29

Submitted by James F. Duncan a Weekend Warrior from Tucson, AZ

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2009

Strengths:    I'm using the new Tesla 5 released in August with my Betty 14. On my helmet, the Tesla throws an amazingly bright and useful light that provides factory default high, middle, and low beams plus the Tesla's power control system allows programming. The self-contained switch uses LEDs to identify remaining capacity. A great light by itself either on the bars or helmet or used as a helmet light with bar lighting. Really lights up the curves and dark spots and gives three hours burn on high, up to 24 hours on lower setting. I'm using the mid-level setting for much of my one-hour daily ride on a paved urban bike path.

Weaknesses:    None noticed.

Bottom Line:
    The Tesla 5 is an elegant and powerful 700 lumen light that is very useful and a great value for the money; if I had to have one all-around light, this would be it.

Favorite Trail:   Rillito River Park Trail