Lumicycle LEDSys3 Spot/ Flood Pro-52Bot Lights

1700 Lumens for extreme off road riding and total illumination road riding. If you want the best here it is. Twin beams give full control allowing you to adjust to all riding conditions. Also gives High and dip beams for road riding. Phenomenal! Comes with fast 5 Hr fast charger.

Submitted by keirinracer a Racer from Manchester, UK

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2009

Strengths:    No bike light is brighter, so everyone tells me.
Solid workshop build.
Upgradeable and serviceable.
Direct from the manufacturer.

Weaknesses:    After a month one of the power inlets to the head unit became mildly loose. The head unit was back on my bike in perfect order three days after sending back, so you could call the aftersales service a strength.

Bottom Line:
I bought these lights as I ride to and from work mostly in the dark during the winter months, on unlit country lanes. I have used these lights for over 100 hours now. On the road the combination of the spot and flood on boost is superior to the headlights on my Audi A4. This is only necessary in the complete dark or on the trails. Otherwise the low or high setting is more than enough.

I have never come close to using up the battery on any ride I have done, including three hours mountain biking. I find the bottle battery convenient, and I charge it overnight once a week. On lit roads the "commute" setting pretty much lasts forever. I know the flashing mode lasts even longer but it interferes with my Polar so I don't bother.

The quick release bar clamps don't look like much but they've been faultless after one year.

I guess they're more expensive than most people are willing to pay but if you're after the best than this is it. Unless you go for the new LED4 they've just brought out...

Purchased At:   Lumicycle UK