Light On Expidition 1000 Lights

The Light On! 1000 LED bike light system includes…

• Two 500 lumen LED lightheads
  • Two battery packs with integrated electronics
  • One Fast Smart Charger

Read the Pro Review on This Product Here>>

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by mark a Cross Country Rider from Portland, OR. USA

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2009

Strengths:    I use this light trail riding at night. I can bomb downhill on fast technical trails with no problem. Light is rugged and reliable with extremely long burn time. Hands down best light on market if you ride in extreme conditions and need superior performance.

Weaknesses:    You can burn your buddies retinas if you forget light is on when you stop to talk.

Bottom Line:
    Light is well made, durable. I use in rain, snow, mud, etc. every week through summer and this winter. I just put battery pack in jersey pocket and cord runs nicely up through helmet. Easy to switch on/off through clothing with gloves on.

Favorite Trail:   McKenzie River

Purchased At:   on-line

Similar Products Used:   Performance Viewpoint, NightHawk Prowler, etc

Bike Setup:   Helmet mount, but bike of choice is Salsa Mamasita 29er

Submitted by SirJimi a Weekend Warrior from Porltland

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2008

Strengths:    Super bright and long running. I do lots of trail riding at night during the winter time and absolutely love it. It is so bright (good balance between spot and flood), that it is the one light where I feel I can have it mounted on the handlebar and not feel the need for an additional spot on the helmet.

Weaknesses:    For me, it really has none. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but having one of the brightest and best lights on the trail, I strongly believe I got my money's worth.

Note: The MTBR mentioned that it runs a little hot and wouldn't be good in the desert (hmmm, maybe on a hot summer night.). This has not been an issue at all for me, and I use my light A LOT (every week - rain or shine).

Bottom Line:
    If you are looking for a top-quality high-end light, look no further. You'll get your money's worth.

Favorite Trail:   Firelane 7

Purchased At:   http://www.lightonli

Similar Products Used:   I used to have a Night Hawk Prowler. That was a reasonable product for the price range, but this new light is a torch and blows my old one away.

Bike Setup:   Mountain Bike - Handlebar mounted light.