Light & Motion Vis 360 Lights

3.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Purpose built for commuters, the Light & Motion Vis 360 covers you from front to back and on the sides for night-time safety from all angles. It's also self-contained and uses a Micro B USB port to quickly charge it's Li-ion battery at the office or home. You might be noticing that it looks...

Submitted by Mrblue a Weekend Warrior from Bronx

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2011

Strengths:    360 visibility

Weaknesses:    A bit pricey

Bottom Line:
I have used this light for at least 2 1/2 months. I think it is a bit pricey but as far as visibility I can be seen from all around and I think my life is worth the price. The side markers are really great and can be seen from a long distance. If you are looking for visibility from all around with above average brightness and price is not an issue then this light is for you....

Favorite Trail:   Cunningham park

Bike Setup:   Specialized xc pro fsr

Submitted by derekvh a Cross Country Rider from LOS ANGELES

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2011

Strengths:    good beam - very light weight - very bright tail light - good customer service

Weaknesses:    usb connector

Bottom Line:
The light charges via mini USB. The connector on the first run of these products failed in a couple of days - I shipped the product back and they sent me a new one saying they figured out the design flaw. I rode to work on it for a few days, and the usb connector failed again. I went to my LBS and purchased a new one (because im an idiot), and shipped the broken one back again. They sent it back 'repaired'.... My new one lasted a week before it broke, luckily I had the repaired one in my bag for the ride home.... went to charge the repaired one and the usb connector failed - I sent them both back in and they told me they now really had a solution for the usb connector - just received the units back and went to charge one before even using it and won't charge - so they sent it back without testing it - as far as bike products go this is probably the worst purchase I have ever made.... I have them for sale cheap if someone wants to buy them - why is there no zero rating on this site??

Favorite Trail:   CA

Purchased At:   LOS ANGELES

Similar Products Used:   No all in one product like this that is this bright - No other products that cost this much that work for only a week

Submitted by johnrw a Weekend Warrior from cape town

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2011

Strengths:    Excellent commuter light with decent flashing front and rear lights, lightweight, excellent mounting, easy to charge. Helmet mounting is good. Visible from all sides.

Weaknesses:    Front light is bright but not for a trail

Bottom Line:
Must have light for those who commute

Favorite Trail:   tokai

Purchased At:   chain reaction

Similar Products Used:   Princeton tec SB2

Bike Setup:   Pinarello F4:13. GT Zaskar

Submitted by EBrider a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2011

Strengths:    Visibility, light weight, convenience

Weaknesses:    Does not throw off sufficient light for a dark commute. Need to remove light mount to mount off road light for night rides.

Bottom Line:
I have been using this for my commutes since early October. It appears to be super visible and I get comments from drivers on how well lit up I am. Battery life seems pretty good as I probably run it 2 hours a day, and it should go two commutes without a charge, although I usually charge it every night. When its only dark part of the way, the light is fine by itself, but in the darker months I have been supplementing it with a bar light.

One hassle is that I need to remove the mount and replace it with the Seca 700 mount before I go on a night ride, so if you only have one helmet this is kind of a hassle. Overall its a great light, and although I wouldn't keep it on my helmet during the lighter parts of the year, it is light enough to go in my bag in case I get stuck at work late.

Purchased At:   Competitive Cyclist