Light & Motion Taz 1000 Lights

2.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Justin a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2014

Strengths:    It is cordless

Weaknesses:    Extremely high pricing for such a weak brightness

Bottom Line:
The 1000lumen light looked like a worthwhile upgrade for me over my current RAVX X600lumen & SERFAS 750lumen lights according to some of the reviews I have read. So I purchased the Taz 1000 light based on the recommendation. However immediately after switching it on, I just felt such disappointment with the product that I decided to return it to the seller. The one other Taz 1000 they had in stock performed the same. Here is a picture that I took as a comparison(http://i.imgur.com/g5wwcLY.jpg). As you can see, the difference is dramatic, the 1000lumen light is significantly worse than the 750lumn, even the 600lumen light. Out of my three lights, the Taz 1000 had the worst performance and I have to say this is not something I would expect out of a $250 light.

Duration Product Used:   10 minutes

Submitted by tarwheel2

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2014

Strengths:    Very bright light with decent run times. Side lights are a nice feature for commuters. Easy to mount and remove, as well as charge.

Weaknesses:    Heavier than L&M Urban series. Light tends to rotate on bars. Beam too floody or spreading.

Bottom Line:
I bought the Taz 1000 to upgrade from my Urban 500, but went back to using the Urban after a while. Altho the Taz is rated twice as powerful, it doesn't actually seem much brighter because the beam is too scattered or floody. The Urban and Stella models seem to have more focused beam patterns, which I prefer for commuting. The Taz is noticeably heavier than the Urban 500, and also tends to rotate forward on the handlebar when you hit bumps. In all, I think the Urban 500 or 700 are better lights for commuting due to their lighter weights, more focused beam patterns and lower expense. One advantage of the Taz is that it does have a longer run time per charge.

Duration Product Used:   2:20 hours per day