Light & Motion Seca 900 Lights

• Gem shaped beam optimized for biking
  • Powerful center spot blends to even fill light
  • Fill light drops down over front tire
  • Top cut-off keeps more light on the trail

Submitted by jmav67 a Cross Country Rider from Newbury Park, Ca.

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2010

Strengths:    Light focused and placed exactly where you need it on the trail. Beam pattern really makes a difference.

Bottom Line:
Beam pattern makes a difference. I dedicated a helmet to making the mount work (Giro Xen) with a few zip ties and it works exceptionally well - some have complained about the mount, it is not the best and not the worst. I found that with my older light I would make slight adjustments to put light where I needed it on the trail. With this beam pattern I have bright light down the trail and enough amount of peripherial light at my front tire to not need to make any adjustments.

I ride at night and log more night rides then day rides (family man only time I have to ride after kids go to bed), most of the groups rides have pretty low tech lights, a few have put out a few dollars some more then others. By far this system puts out more light then any of the others and just works.

If you ride singletrack at night with alot of fast downhill, and a few good climbs, then this is the light you can rely on.

Favorite Trail:   Space Mountain

Purchased At:   Westlake Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Niterider - I have an old enduro dual beam that I used for years. Works very well but used onld NiMH batts, the good thing about these was that I could replace them on the cheap.

Bike Setup:   SC Nomad X9AM
Specialized Stumpy - expert

Submitted by DV46c a Cross Country Rider from St. Louis, MO

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2009

Strengths:    Simple to use and amazingly bright. The multiple bulbs allow for great coverage on the trail.

Weaknesses:    Pricing is high but the best usually is.

Bottom Line:
I have used a L & M Arc Hid lihgt of the past three years and been very happy. When looking for another light I didn't consider any brand besides L & M. The Seca 900 has exceeded my expectation and I expect many years of good service.