Light & Motion Seca 800 Lights

The Light and Motion Seca 800 features a bi-conic reflector which shoots a clean even beam down the trail. With its new low profile mount, new bi-conic reflector, and strong 800 lumens of light the Seca 800 outshines, outlasts and is the lightest in its class. You will be amazed at the difference this light makes on every night ride. More light is clearly better. Includes: Bar and helmet mounts

Submitted by John Burnett a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2013

Strengths:    Not a bad light but let down by the fact that Light & Motion had incorrect specs online and customer service were of little or no help.

Weaknesses:    Less burn time than quoted on websites

Bottom Line:
I purchased this light after checking the Light an Motion website which stated 2.5hrs burn time on high (800 lumens) but after using the item I noticed that I wasnt getting close to this time. After checking the box it came in I realised that the max time is only 2hrs. I sent customer service a message and got a response that the website was incorrect and they will change it, when I advised that I wasnt happy, I was told to reduce the time I had the light on full power. I should not have to use manual battery management when they provided the wrong information online leading me to buy their product.

If you know it has max 2hr at max and get it at a good price then maybe it might be worth it however I really needed 2.5hrs at max level.

Bike Setup:   Specialized S-Works Hardtail with primarily XTR parts and Roval Control XC wheelset

Light&Motion Seca 800 vs LuminTrek TB-1000 (video)

Found this video comparing these two lights on twitter. Anybody using these lights? [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YHDbJfYQas&feature=plcp]Light&Motion Seca 800 vs. LuminTrek TrailBlazer 1000 - YouTube[/url]Read More »

Seca 700 or Dinotte 800

With 400-450 dollars to spend which set up do you like better for singletrack use? L&M Seca 700 mounted on helmet Dinotte 800 mounted on helmet Dinotte 400 dual mounted on bars and helmet Cost for the Seca is slightly higher but I seem to be drawn to it. I like the dual set up but not sure ... Read More »